Cancellation of Backstage Magic Tours through August?

Daisybell911

Paging Mr. Morrow!
Hey all! I was watching the weekly show and Kevin mentioned that all Backstage magic tours have been cancelled through August. Honestly, it makes total sense and I understand completely, esp. sitting on a tour bus and going into imagineering. I have an escape scheduled in September and I'm just waiting on word that it is cancelled. I haven't seen an announcement on the ABD website but there aren't any trips showing before september and I think if anyone knows the inside scoop, it's Kevin.

Is anyone else affected by the latest round of cancellations? What happens when an ABD trip is cancelled because of Covid?

I'm over here trying to be hopeful but I'm kicking rocks at my odds of cancellation and for everyone who may have lost their trip.

If they cancel you would typically be notified and asked if you would like to reschedule or cancel for a full refund. On the site they still have July/August listed on the longer trip though only as a waitlist and September is still showing pricing for those as well as the short escapes, so I do not believe you have been cancelled... yet. I'm not surprised Kevin knows first - they typically do reach out to TAs first so they can notify their clients.

Sorry. I'll correct myself. The escapes have nothing listed before September.

I'm not cancelled yet but I think its a matter of time. I may schedule a trip to Aulani as a replacement. I don't know.

Cancellations are totally justified but its a stinker as we all know.

To be on the safe side and stand a better chance of the tour/trip you want actually happening, I wouldn't schedule anything before 2022, but that's me.

Sorry. I'll correct myself. The escapes have nothing listed before September.

I'm not cancelled yet but I think its a matter of time. I may schedule a trip to Aulani as a replacement. I don't know.

Cancellations are totally justified but its a stinker as we all know.
I agree it totally stinks - sitting here waiting for my summer adventure to be cancelled (Rhine River Cruise). As someone who lives in California, my gut tells me that even after Disneyland opens (whenever that is), this adventure won't be the same for a little while. I know for my company, we are hoping that we start to get back into the office later in the summer, but may not have outside visitors to our office (i.e. meetings) until next year. My gut tells me that visits to Imagineering and Studios may be similarly limited for awhile which is a really big part of this trip.

Hang in there though, this is an awesome adventure and hopefully next year things will be back to normal. I am hearing good reports from people going to Hawaii as long as you cover your bases with testing (I had issues and had to cancel a trip day of flight due to results not coming in on time) and realize that the trip will be "different" and with restrictions.

I am crossing my fingers hoping that ours happens in December but at this point I am skeptical.

Not looking good for October then, I'd say. I'm scheduled for mid October, but, even if it goes, I'm not sure I want to be the guinea pig.

Wow, through September! Apparently its going to take a long time to get all the venues that Backstage Magic hits to get new procedures in place.

Wow, through September! Apparently its going to take a long time to get all the venues that Backstage Magic hits to get new procedures in place.
My guess is that a big part of it is going into Imagineering and Studios. Most businesses are still remote in California and I know for my company our plan is that we won't have outside visitors once we reopen the office - probably not until next year. The good news is that we should finally see the reopening of DL with the new guidance - just waiting for them to announce a date.

Good pints @hilarys. When we've done BSM our visits to Imagineering and the Studios there were a lot of jobs there that couldn't be done remotely. Things like the model shop at imagineering or actual stage production at the studios. So, there's still a lot of actual on-site work going on. I think the real issue is making sure the people there are protected as much as possible from outsiders (us) bringing in the virus.

Good pints @hilarys. When we've done BSM our visits to Imagineering and the Studios there were a lot of jobs there that couldn't be done remotely. Things like the model shop at imagineering or actual stage production at the studios. So, there's still a lot of actual on-site work going on. I think the real issue is making sure the people there are protected as much as possible from outsiders (us) bringing in the virus.
Yes, and I bet you and are of the same opinion that while BSM is an awesome trip, it would not be the same without Studios or Imagineering. We just finished watching the Making of Frozen II on DisneyPlus and loved seeing so many places that we visited at Studios. Now I want to do BSM again!

Has anyone heard of these coming back? I was reading about the tour online and it seems like a good tour (although if anyone has any positives or negatives I appreciate it). Like everything else Disney I anticipate this will just show up one random day to start booking and if I wanted to go I’ll have to call immediately to book.

Has anyone heard of these coming back? I was reading about the tour online and it seems like a good tour (although if anyone has any positives or negatives I appreciate it). Like everything else Disney I anticipate this will just show up one random day to start booking and if I wanted to go I’ll have to call immediately to book.

All DL adventures have been canceled for 2021. Most likely due to inability to do behind the scenes stuff.

This tour has been around for a *long* time. And when they were running the trip, they had many, many departures. So once things get back to something more approaching "normal", you really don't have to worry about booking it immediately unless you absolutely *have* to book a particular departure, or they offer some sort of early booking discount.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts