Cancellation of Backstage Magic Tours through August?

Daisybell911

Looking for my Dinglehopper!
Hey all! I was watching the weekly show and Kevin mentioned that all Backstage magic tours have been cancelled through August. Honestly, it makes total sense and I understand completely, esp. sitting on a tour bus and going into imagineering. I have an escape scheduled in September and I'm just waiting on word that it is cancelled. I haven't seen an announcement on the ABD website but there aren't any trips showing before september and I think if anyone knows the inside scoop, it's Kevin.

Is anyone else affected by the latest round of cancellations? What happens when an ABD trip is cancelled because of Covid?

I'm over here trying to be hopeful but I'm kicking rocks at my odds of cancellation and for everyone who may have lost their trip.

AquaDame

DCL
If they cancel you would typically be notified and asked if you would like to reschedule or cancel for a full refund. On the site they still have July/August listed on the longer trip though only as a waitlist and September is still showing pricing for those as well as the short escapes, so I do not believe you have been cancelled... yet. I'm not surprised Kevin knows first - they typically do reach out to TAs first so they can notify their clients.

Up to $1,300 in Early Booking Discounts from Dreams Unlimited Travel!
Make your Adventures by Disney reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel NOW and receive an Early Booking discount depending on Adventure and Travel Dates!!
Click Here for Details

Already have an Adventures by Disney reservation booked and want to know if Dreams Unlimited Travel can save you money?
Write to Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Daisybell911

Looking for my Dinglehopper!
Sorry. I'll correct myself. The escapes have nothing listed before September.

I'm not cancelled yet but I think its a matter of time. I may schedule a trip to Aulani as a replacement. I don't know.

Cancellations are totally justified but its a stinker as we all know.

Kit Jackson

Mouseketeer
To be on the safe side and stand a better chance of the tour/trip you want actually happening, I wouldn't schedule anything before 2022, but that's me.

hilarys

Hilary S
Sorry. I'll correct myself. The escapes have nothing listed before September.

I'm not cancelled yet but I think its a matter of time. I may schedule a trip to Aulani as a replacement. I don't know.

Cancellations are totally justified but its a stinker as we all know.
I agree it totally stinks - sitting here waiting for my summer adventure to be cancelled (Rhine River Cruise). As someone who lives in California, my gut tells me that even after Disneyland opens (whenever that is), this adventure won't be the same for a little while. I know for my company, we are hoping that we start to get back into the office later in the summer, but may not have outside visitors to our office (i.e. meetings) until next year. My gut tells me that visits to Imagineering and Studios may be similarly limited for awhile which is a really big part of this trip.

Hang in there though, this is an awesome adventure and hopefully next year things will be back to normal. I am hearing good reports from people going to Hawaii as long as you cover your bases with testing (I had issues and had to cancel a trip day of flight due to results not coming in on time) and realize that the trip will be "different" and with restrictions.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES