canceling Delta tickets???

amyy

<font color=royalblue> I do pat them out on a flou
Months ago I bought nonrefundable tickets for August. (I did buy insurance). Now it looks like we need to change our dates. The cost to change is $150 per ticket or $300 total (for two tickets). I paid about $700 for the tickets.

Is there anyway around the $300 charge and/or just losing my $700? I asked Delta if we only changed on of the days if they would only charge us 1/2 the fee. I got a run around email. When I called the person who answered was not able to help me. I figured you guys are the best ones to ask.

thanks

Its doubtful that there's anything you can do about the $300 to change the tickets...the stipulations for changes were part of the fare you originally agreed to, so its not really reasonable to expect Delta to make an exception.

Its also doubtful that trip insurance would cover the change fees unless your reason for changing AND these fees are covered under your policy. To date, I don't think I've ever seen a policy worded to cover these fees, but I could be wrong and it could be worth a phone call to the insurance company to ask.

We used Delta all the time (have delta business amex and have lots of skymiles) and they are very unforgiving as far as changes. We had to change dates once and I thought it was only $75 per ticket but maybe thats because it was a free ticket. Sorry, but I don't think there is a way around the fee.

I'm a travel agent. None of the airlines (it's not just Delta) will waive the fees anymore. I'm afraid you're stuck, unless you're changing for a reason covered under the trip insurance.

In addition, when you change the tickets, if the change results in a higher airfare, you will have to pay the difference in price. The good news is that if the change results in a lower fare, you can take the fee out of the difference and pay a lower fee to change it (at least with Delta, that's not true with all airlines).

Short of knowing someone who works for the company....no. And even then it is harder to get done. A friend works for Delta and was able to change friends and family tickets for free all the time. He stopped when his family started abusing his generosity (every flight they booked they would make changes, somtimes multiple times and expect him to do it for free). Plus they have started to crack down on that.

The dates you are changing it to...is the airfare cheaper? That would help to offset the cost of the change fee a bit.

Clearly, the employee doesn't understand the definition of non-refundable, nor does he understand the change policies of the company. Keep calling back until you get someone who will give you what you want.

Clearly, the employee doesn't understand the definition of non-refundable, nor does he understand the change policies of the company. Keep calling back until you get someone who will give you what you want.

But she isn't going to get what shes wants because they are.....Non Refundable. That's what it means, no refund. And you can't dispute it on your credit card either. Sorry, but airlines are not making any accomodations for anyone nowadays.

You Bought the insurance? Can you USE a loop hole in teh insurance somehow???
Are you still gong to fly Delta??? If you completely change dates, perhaps you were Sick :confused3 and could not travel....then go ahead on another date.......
There just HAS to be a way around the fees
BY the way, we (3 of us) have many miles with Delta...I think they STINK and fly SW...SW has great service, LOVE my RR and actually GET to use my free miles, unlike Delta which always seems to have a catch....like 2-3 stops, and longer flights, and no availability, what a nightmare or need to use even MORE miles. I no longer accumulate Delta and once a year order my magazine thru them to keep my miles ready, Just in case I ever get to actually use them :lmao: maybe 2010...............:rotfl2:

You purchased non-refundable tickets and took the risks that come with that.

If you wanted refundable tickets, you should have purchased refundable tickets.

The only thing that might save you is if they have made any changes to your flight times since you booked. That opens up some opportunity for getting free changes or refunds if you tell them the revisions they made are not acceptable to you.

Sheila

But she isn't going to get what shes wants because they are.....Non Refundable. That's what it means, no refund. And you can't dispute it on your credit card either. Sorry, but airlines are not making any accomodations for anyone nowadays.

I'm going to take a big guess here that finallygoingtoWDW was being sarcastic.

I'm afraid you're stuck. Sorry

Honestly, that's the biggest reason I stick with SW whenever possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter