Cancel placeholder

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
How do we cancel a placeholder? Also when cancelling can they verify what payment method was used and if needed send it on a GiftCard instead of going back to the original payment method (can't remember if it was on my CC which I think I used or if it was on a GC which I would have saved but no clue which one would have been used).

You do indeed have to call them to cancel. They should verify the digits on the card used for payment. They should be able to put it on a new gift card if you don't have the old one anymore.

You do indeed have to call them to cancel. They should verify the digits on the card used for payment. They should be able to put it on a new gift card if you don't have the old one anymore.

Even after it has expired?

LAX

Even after it has expired?

LAX
If you do not cancel a placeholder before it expires, your payment will be refunded automatically in the manner it was received. At least, that was the policy a year ago, when a placeholder deposit showed up as a credit on my credit card within 2 weeks of when the placeholder expired.

If you do not want it refunded to the original method — for example, if you no longer have the gift card or credit card you use — you can request a different method by calling (or having your travel agent, if you used one, call) Disney Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter