Canadian Resident Offer is available!

I bought these Canadian Resident tickets; 1 day per park. If I wanted to upgrade to park hoppers could I? And if so can I do that over the phone or only at Guest Services in person?

Thanks
When is your trip and did you just buy tickets or as part of a package? A package you should be able to do online before the discount expires (Feb 7, 2020).

If you want to upgrade them, and maintain the discount, you need to do so while the discount is offered. So if your trip is before Feb 7, 2020, you can do it at the guest services. If not, make sure you call to do so before Feb 7, 2020 (you should be able to over the phone, but I'm not aware of anyone trying as of yet).
If you have any plans of actually using the hopper option you should 100% buy that NOW! I'll show you the math that will be used. Since these tickets are not available on site you'd be needing to go before the end of the promo and then crossing your fingers that you find someone who is willing to upgrade your ticket to the CDN rate and not the current gate price.

I'm using the cost of an adult ticket for 7 days with a start date of January 21st (just went to the cheapest date!)
If you upgrade your ticket now (over the phone is your only option at this point BTW and ONLY if you bought direct from Disney)
CDN base ticket :$366.50
CDN hopper ticket: $434.66
Difference of $68.16

IF you wait till you arrive you could very well be subjected to the following math:
The value of your current CDN ticket:$366.50 (this will ALWAYS be the value assigned to this ticket, no question how much was paid)
Current gate price of hopper ticket:$544.18 (this could change if there is any price increase before you go as well)
Difference of $177.68

Very long way of saying, you will more than likely lose any realized discount if you wait till you arrive to upgrade those tickets.

I have the same basic question as Juventus and wondering which of these 2 completely opposite responses is the correct one????

I will be buying four adult - 7 day Park Hopper tickets on the Canadian Discount and using them in early January - when they are still on sale.

If I want to add the "Hopper Plus" option to the tickets while I am there how will the upgrade be calculated???

Pricing them out now they are as follows:

7 Day Hoppers - $1860
7 Day Hopper Plus - $1928

So the cost to add the water parks on 4 tickets is a TOTAL of $68

I have the same basic question as Juventus and wondering which of these 2 completely opposite responses is the correct one????

I will be buying four adult - 7 day Park Hopper tickets on the Canadian Discount and using them in early January - when they are still on sale.

If I want to add the "Hopper Plus" option to the tickets while I am there how will the upgrade be calculated???

Pricing them out now they are as follows:

7 Day Hoppers - $1860
7 Day Hopper Plus - $1928

So the cost to add the water parks on 4 tickets is a TOTAL of $68
The problem is the upgrading onsite seems to be dependent on the Cast Member you end up dealing with because these tickets are NOT available on site. IF you find someone who is able to do the upgrade at the CDN price then you *should* be able to pay the extra between the 2 prices but if you don't then you will end up losing your discount if they use the current gate price of the ticket you want. It's beyond frustrating, that's for sure but there isn't a concrete answer. If you are willing to pay the $68 to avoid the potential extra (not sure what it is without exact dates) then perhaps it's worth doing it now??

Sorry I can't give a clear answer but that's because from reports over the last couple of years haven't been clear, some upgrade easily but others have been quoted far too much!

Sorry, I don't have details, but Canadian Resident room discounts dropped today with all the other offers. Check the website if it will work for you or call. I saved US$470 on two nights at BWI CL! Smaller $212 on 10 nights at AoA, but I'll take it!

I was looking at packages, though I should not be going on another trip, and noticed that when I priced out POP it came up with the Canadian discount tickets, but ASMo and CBR did not, it was weird. Maybe a bit glitchy still? I can't go any way... :( I really shouldn't.

My parents went to AMA/CAA yesterday and they didn’t have the cdn residents tickets yet. They said they usually get them about a month after they are released but their price is 4% cheaper than Disney’s rate. In addition you can pay in cdn. We don’t have to book our fast passes until end of November so gonna wait and see what their price is.

My parents went to AMA/CAA yesterday and they didn’t have the cdn residents tickets yet. They said they usually get them about a month after they are released but their price is 4% cheaper than Disney’s rate. In addition you can pay in cdn. We don’t have to book our fast passes until end of November so gonna wait and see what their price is.

Could you post what they pay when they get them please? I know they must be purchased by what feb? We will be booking for Christmas in Jan so I have some time :)
Thank you :)

If you have any plans of actually using the hopper option you should 100% buy that NOW! I'll show you the math that will be used. Since these tickets are not available on site you'd be needing to go before the end of the promo and then crossing your fingers that you find someone who is willing to upgrade your ticket to the CDN rate and not the current gate price.

I'm using the cost of an adult ticket for 7 days with a start date of January 21st (just went to the cheapest date!)
If you upgrade your ticket now (over the phone is your only option at this point BTW and ONLY if you bought direct from Disney)
CDN base ticket :$366.50
CDN hopper ticket: $434.66
Difference of $68.16

IF you wait till you arrive you could very well be subjected to the following math:
The value of your current CDN ticket:$366.50 (this will ALWAYS be the value assigned to this ticket, no question how much was paid)
Current gate price of hopper ticket:$544.18 (this could change if there is any price increase before you go as well)
Difference of $177.68

Very long way of saying, you will more than likely lose any realized discount if you wait till you arrive to upgrade those tickets.

Sorry, about this but I’m not completely clear here. If I buy the AMs WDW tickets (with no hopper), can I call Disney before the promo cut off in Feb to have the hopper added for the promo rate?

I am specifically concerned about your comment that the tickets would have had to be purchased "direct from Disney" to add the hopper on for the discounted rate. Does AMs count as “direct from Disney”? I am assuming not?

I wouldn’t mind getting the AMs WDW tickets if the hopper could be added at reasonable cost (as you’ve described).

Sorry you’ve been very helpful and I feel I'm just making an issue of nothing and just over analyzing lol. I’m just worried about the “direct from Disney” part and don't want to jump on the AMs tickets if they aren't going to work for my purposes (hopper is a need but I would love to save $1000ish by getting the AMs tickets).

Thanks!

Sorry, about this but I’m not completely clear here. If I buy the AMs WDW tickets (with no hopper), can I call Disney before the promo cut off in Feb to have the hopper added for the promo rate?

I am specifically concerned about your comment that the tickets would have had to be purchased "direct from Disney" to add the hopper on for the discounted rate. Does AMs count as “direct from Disney”? I am assuming not?

I wouldn’t mind getting the AMs WDW tickets if the hopper could be added at reasonable cost (as you’ve described).

Sorry you’ve been very helpful and I feel I'm just making an issue of nothing and just over analyzing lol. I’m just worried about the “direct from Disney” part and don't want to jump on the AMs tickets if they aren't going to work for my purposes (hopper is a need but I would love to save $1000ish by getting the AMs tickets).

Thanks!
Oh first off, stop being so Canadian and apologizing :P I don't mind helping out like this AT ALL!
My comment about "direct from Disney" could possibly be wrong it's possible I made a slight error and I've updated my post to reflect that. I've been learning a reading a few things about tickets that I wasn't aware of before and that could change how upgrading these tickets would work.

This is what I've read in the ticketing thread and have ZERO experience with but I'm confident it's correct. You can access your tickets in your MDE on the APP (maybe even online??) and do any upgrades, date changes or even turn it into an Annual Pass without needing to involve Disney at all.

If you aren't able to upgrade the tickets yourself as described above I'm also fairly confident that you will be able to do it either over the phone or in person -- just not sure about the cost that will be applied to the change. THIS is what i was referring to by my comment about "direct from Disney" -- if you bought the ticket directly from them it's a somewhat easy switch if it's within the offer time period.

If it was me? Heck yeah, redeem those miles and then pay to add hoppers (yes a MUST for us as well!) because as you put it, that's close to $1000 US i've just saved! One extra thought here, are you ONYX member? If so you can submit a request for them to buy the actual tickets you want and they will give you a quote for those tickets, it's currently coming in around 14.2 miles per $1 USD We did this for a 10 day hopper and I'm thrilled!

Oh first off, stop being so Canadian and apologizing :P I don't mind helping out like this AT ALL!
My comment about "direct from Disney" could possibly be wrong it's possible I made a slight error and I've updated my post to reflect that. I've been learning a reading a few things about tickets that I wasn't aware of before and that could change how upgrading these tickets would work.

This is what I've read in the ticketing thread and have ZERO experience with but I'm confident it's correct. You can access your tickets in your MDE on the APP (maybe even online??) and do any upgrades, date changes or even turn it into an Annual Pass without needing to involve Disney at all.

If you aren't able to upgrade the tickets yourself as described above I'm also fairly confident that you will be able to do it either over the phone or in person -- just not sure about the cost that will be applied to the change. THIS is what i was referring to by my comment about "direct from Disney" -- if you bought the ticket directly from them it's a somewhat easy switch if it's within the offer time period.

If it was me? Heck yeah, redeem those miles and then pay to add hoppers (yes a MUST for us as well!) because as you put it, that's close to $1000 US i've just saved! One extra thought here, are you ONYX member? If so you can submit a request for them to buy the actual tickets you want and they will give you a quote for those tickets, it's currently coming in around 14.2 miles per $1 USD We did this for a 10 day hopper and I'm thrilled!

Thanks!! Yes, I am Onyx. I was thinking of doing the personal shopper but I assumed the redemption rate would be silly-stupid :). However, that price seems to be (reasonably) in line with the no-hopper tickets as they are on the website so I'll give it a go first and see what they can offer.

Quick question just because I've never done it before and it almost seems too good to be true... lol!

Currently have a package booked for Spring 2020 with 5 day base tickets (I booked right when the pricing was released for 2020, so no discounts at that time, but we wanted to secure Art of Animation since every other time we've gone the Little Mermaid rooms have been sold out). Just me and my husband will be going.

I could cancel my current reservation and because it's a package, I wouldn't lose out on my $200 deposit (if I'm reading that correctly)

Re-book everything without using the packaged deals:
- Redeem Air Miles for (1) 5 day base ticket for the Canadian Resident offer
- Purchase (1) Canadian Resident offer ticket through Disney
- Book the hotel room at the current offer "Give the gift of magical stay"

I wrote it all out and it seems to be saving us close to $1000 CDN :oops:

... I can do that ... right???

Quick question just because I've never done it before and it almost seems too good to be true... lol!

Currently have a package booked for Spring 2020 with 5 day base tickets (I booked right when the pricing was released for 2020, so no discounts at that time, but we wanted to secure Art of Animation since every other time we've gone the Little Mermaid rooms have been sold out). Just me and my husband will be going.

I could cancel my current reservation and because it's a package, I wouldn't lose out on my $200 deposit (if I'm reading that correctly)

Re-book everything without using the packaged deals:
- Redeem Air Miles for (1) 5 day base ticket for the Canadian Resident offer
- Purchase (1) Canadian Resident offer ticket through Disney
- Book the hotel room at the current offer "Give the gift of magical stay"

I wrote it all out and it seems to be saving us close to $1000 CDN :oops:

... I can do that ... right???

Is the room you want now available to you with the discount? There are limited rooms - not even sure if Little Mermaid was included. I suggest if you want to cancel for the tickets, book the room only first to make sure you get it before cancelling your package.

Anyone receive their CDN discounted air miles tickets yet? I ordered on Oct 1st and am hoping they arrive this week.

I need your advice on the park passes. So I am planning a trip in the next couple of years. I am thinking I should use my airmails now to buy tickets because the price of the airmails keeps going up every year. I believe as long as I don't use the tickets (even if they expire), I can exchange them for tickets at the door and they will give me face value of the tickets. Is that correct? I understand if I buy them under the Canadian Discount then I will lose the discount if I don't trade them in when the Canadian Discount is offered. I think the price only goes up at the door by about $10 per year, but the price of airmikes goes up more than that every year. So my theory is that if I trade them in in 4 years, I will have to pay about $40 more for the tickets but in 4 years the airmikes will go up substantially........

Last edited:
Could you post what they pay when they get them please? I know they must be purchased by what feb? We will be booking for Christmas in Jan so I have some time :)
Thank you :)

we finally got our quote back from AMA. For2A 2K,1 park per day in January it was 1530US (Taxes/fees inc). Disney site was it listed as 1581.24. So AMA saves us a little over 50$ US.
we will be picking up our tickets tomm!
ETA: forgot to say that they will convert to CDN using AMA exchange rate. Not sure what it is but imagine it is fairly competitive.

Is the room you want now available to you with the discount? There are limited rooms - not even sure if Little Mermaid was included. I suggest if you want to cancel for the tickets, book the room only first to make sure you get it before cancelling your package.
Yep, it allows me to try and book with that discount.

Now my only issue is trying to buy 1 Canadian Resident ticket on the website. I was able to do it last week when I was pricing it out and now there's no option to let me select it...

Yep, it allows me to try and book with that discount.

Now my only issue is trying to buy 1 Canadian Resident ticket on the website. I was able to do it last week when I was pricing it out and now there's no option to let me select it...

You’re booking room-only? Then I would book the room in one transaction, and the ticket in a separate purchase. If you include the tickets as an add-on to the room-only, they’ll want you to add the same number of tickets as people in the room. If you were trying to book a package - everyone in the room has to have the same tickets.

That’s why I only ever book room-only, my DH prefers to go golfing than the parks. So I only get tickets for me & my teen DDs.

Just an FYI if anyone would like to know, I submitted for the following via the AMs Personal Shopper service:

7 day, park hopper, CDN resident, September 6-15, 2020.

This came back with a quote of 6250 AMs each.

This works out to a difference of about 1,200 AMs/ticket and I’m not sure if I feel that’s worth it for me.

I think I will just pick-up the non-hoppers from AMs and call Disney to see if I can add the hoppers for the discounted rate. If I can’t, I’ll either just take the hit or figure out how to work within the non-hopper limitations.

Once I get a hold of Disney and see if I can add the hoppers for the discount I’ll post again and let you guys know how I fair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!