Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

Hey, Steppesister, I was pregnant in 1990 too! What're the odds? :wave: Did you also have 34 hours of labor and a kid who doen't want to hear about it any more? I had to explain to her this year that, just like there is no crying in baseball, there is no statute of limitations on 34 hours of labor.

Weeeellllll, there's actually a story to that now that you mention it.....

Things were going swimmingly (pun intended), until Dec. 30th. I was 32 1/2 weeks along, and had spent New Year's Eve at a friend's wedding reception in San Francisco. I danced, had a great time, was up late.....

But as the night went on, and I tried to sleep, I got more and more uncomfortable. Hmmm, I think to myself, you fool, you totally overdid it, and shouldn't be tearing up the dance floor this far along. <misses night of sleep>

Next morning, we had a LONG drive back to Portland, OR. No biggie, I'll be sitting in the car for 16-18 hours. I can do that.

I was no longer saying that so glibly oooohh, around... the border. We got to Medford, still HOURS from home, and I... just can't do it. Things hurt. There was no choice but to stop for the night. Huh, I say to myself; this sure is a lot of Braxton Hicks. Coming pretty often too. Well, Honey, let's go grab some dinner and maybe they'll calm down. But, during dinner they started coming every 5 minutes. (You see where this is going.) I called up the local hospital and asked what I should do."Uuuuummmmm you need to be IN HERE like YESTERDAY!!!!"

Who was I to know? Young (22), and stupid, and inexperienced in this sort of thing. I didn't know what the real deal was supposed to feel like. :confused3

So we got ourselves there and checked in and hooked up to the world's worst medication on the planet - Mag Sulfate. Look up the side effects, if you dare. I had them all. The neo-natologist came in to tell me that my baby might not survive and to do an amniocentesis (that was fun.. not!) but funny thing is... I saw three of her. Mag does that.

They did manage to hold me off for 4 days with Terbutaline and the Mag, but I was getting toxic with that, and I kept dilating anyways, so they let me go.It was long enough for them to have given me the surfactant for helping to mature his lungs. Of course, I had sent my hubby back to Portland to go to work for the week thinking they could hold me off for weeks. When he walked in the door, the phone was ringing. It was me telling him that he needed to turn around and come back, but I was already at 7 and he wasn't going to make it.

The next day they life- flighted us on a fixed wing to get him settled into a NICUnit in Portland. Of course, the incubator battery died because the ambulance was late to meet the aircraft.

So, 4 days of labor, and a baby in the NICU for a month, and an adventure to look back on. The only good part? Hubby didn't make it back on time and I DID get to name him. ;)

Sorry, PK, totally just hijacked your thread. My apologies.

we woke up at 8:30am.

FAR too late according to my contest guess. Work on that.

I wandered around a bit
taking some photos.

Nice ones too!

DSC04311_zps8kdklh5z.jpg

Especially this one. It's why they put the wood there, ya know.
We wandered over to the dining room
and got there at a very
vacation respectable 10am.

I'd have had to have coffee long before this. Ahh, too bad it was so cold. Here's a picture of perfection:

Hot mug of coffee in hand, butt in chair with sun coming up over the peaks, a warm breeze blowing softly on my face and the sun warm on my cheeks. No where to be, elk grazing over there >>, eyes closed. And breakfast waiting for me at 10:00. Yep, that's how it's done.

I wasn't really sure what to expect.

A deep canyon with water flowing in the bottom? :confused3

Which do you prefer?

Definitely this one. It really highlights the slower shutter speed work, and your colors are better- especially the blue in the top fall and the greens of the moss. Rule of 3rds better.

By some cruel twist of fate,
the trail had been redesigned
in the few minutes we'd been off it,
and was now almost all up hill!

Dude, you Canadians are fast!

They told me they had to get back to their
bus in five minutes.

Somehow, I don't see this happening....

No time to catch it, though.
Ruby was waiting.

Wouldn't want to leave her sconed.

So... Let's go find Maligne lake, okay?

OK!

But!
They had clam chowder...
and strawberry rhubarb pie.
So... I definitely didn't complain!
(Also grabbed a sandwich.)

I"m starting to wonder why you had food in your trunk... :confused3

Well.... not before visiting
the gift shop in the lodge.

Of course...
Well, duh.

Around 5pm, we went out for dinner.
We popped into a place called Olive Bistro.
Ruby had a Chicken Caesar salad
while I invoked revenge on our rogue elk
by ordering the day's special,
which was a venison dish.

Now I'm REALLY wondering why you had food in your trunk!

I mean... who doesn't like pie???
You? Tell me yes or no for easy bonus points.

Hmmm... gotta be in the mood and for some reason the pie mood only strikes once in a while. Pumpkin in Thanksgiving for SURE, love Key Lime, HATE anything cream pie-ish, but especially banana! I can take or leave apple, but if it's hot with a little cheddar or ice cream, I'll eat it. My favorite might be pecan. I guess for fruit, I'm more of a crisp kinda gal. (Oatmeal crumble topping instead of pie crust.)

If you haven't seen it...

I did and loved it!!! But then again anything with Tom Hanks is probably gonna float my boat.

1. What the heck. What time do we wake up?

I hate this question. 8:00

2. We leave Jasper. What time?

10:15

3. What do we do before we leave... of course.

Eat and then gift shop.

4. You might want to Google.
What do we do between Jasper and Banff?
(More than one answer possible.)

Lake Louise and/or Columbia Ice Fields.

5. What time do we get into Banff?

6:00

6. Lefty or Righty?

Lefty

Did you see it?

PM coming.

Hi, Pkondz! :wave2:

I really enjoyed your Disney trip report! It's too bad your original plans didn't work out (I'd really love to go on a Disney cruise sometime!), but it looks like you had fun.

I feel better about my ability to get around the World now that I see your lucky travel times from your prior trip appear to have been a fluke - I still don't know how you got so lucky with short (or nonexistent!) travel times for nearly every ride. Welcome to traveling like the rest of us! :laughing:

I love your MNSSHP costume! I must admit I didn't catch it right away, but well done! I'm sure quite a few people that you didn't notice grabbed a photo of you as well!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on a prior trip report, but you take a lot of REALLY good pictures! Bravo, sir!

Also, DISmeets! I'm so jealous that you met Katie and Jamie! :goodvibes

OK, so I've read the update a few times as well

A few times? That's it?

You should read it "many" times.

but I have like a gazillion more to get through before before yours.

Beg your pardon?
It almost sounded like you were
going to put other TR's before mine.

I'm sure I mis-heard.

OK well maybe five.

A gazillion = 5.
Gotcha.

Or is it open to interpretation?

If you're keeping up on FB, you'll know that I have been hard at work, and haven't taken any time out of my day to sample Tequila out at Disney. :rolleyes1

Actually... No, sorry.
I usually go on it...

Maybe once or twice a week....
And even then, I only look at the first
two or three posts.

No time.

But I'll make a point of checking
out your timeline... maybe tonight.

I am somewhat of a puzzle.

Are you like a jigsaw puzzle,
or more of Rubik's cube kinda puzzle?

Going uphill…
Toward pie.

Really the only reason
to go uphill.

Is that what that stands for?
Huh… I didn’t know all that was your work.

I'm not just airlines
and theme parks ya know.

So exactly what did you do to cause my unfortunate nation’s current (**ahem**) leader to want to cut all your funding and have you banned from the airways?

Due to DISboard policies,
I am forbidden from saying.

Oh I’ve long been assigned to their FDSEI list

(that’s: Future Detainees Scheduled for Enhanced Interrogation)

This surprises no one.

No one.

Had you known the extent of the consequences beforehand I still doubt you could’ve stopped yourself.

Well..... no.
Once I was committed...

But that's a whole other story.

So, was it the standard laughing and pointing kind of laughter…
or the that version where they’re doubled over on the floor trying to catch their breath?

The latter.

One of the great mysteries of the universe…
Solved!

I’ll just be right over here waiting for them to deliver my Ig Noble Prize

Now that was.... weird.

There is no explanation for the vast amount of crap I remember…
only a general consensus that all of it is indeed crap.

I'm glad we can all agree on something!

But you don’t know the ridiculous extent of the theory.
Mark could be right.

Care to lay it out?

I had to explain to her this year that, just like there is no crying in baseball, there is no statute of limitations on 34 hours of labor.

So I've heard.

Anyway, great update.

Thanks! :)

The scenery is gorgeous and reminds me of Alaska.

Oh? I would've thought Alaska'd have
fewer trees.
Perhaps I think of my Northern experience
when I think of Alaska.

I love pie

You can stay.

and I love puns, too.

You can definitely stay!

Guess that's why I fit right in with this group.

::yes::

Not everyone appreciates a good pun,

No. You have to have a certain
level of intelligence.

:rolleyes1

:duck:

but I do like to crack myself up.

eggsactly!

I was in the market one time and saw a teenager stocking greens under a sign that said, "Broccoli Rabbi." So I went over and said, "Hey, is that stuff kosher?" Yuk yuk.

:laughing:

Nice catch!

He said, "Um, I don't know but I can ask the manager." *sigh* I do hope he asked the manager and got a thwap on the back of his head, but that's just wishful thinking.

He would've if the manager
was intelligent.

I promise I've been lurking, but we're at T-37 days and everything is going crazy.

I bet!

:wave: Hi, Annie!

Just bunch of little things that need to get done, and then my grandmother decided to throw some family drama into the mix. Sigh.

Uh, oh....

What happened?

But! On the plus side, that also means we're T-43 days until Disney, so, you know, silver linings and all that.

::yes:: That's a pretty good silver lining to have.

Weeeellllll, there's actually a story to that now that you mention it.....

Holy crap!
Now that's a story!

<packs up keyboard, leaves the writing to the experts...
or at least those people with real stories to tell.>

Mag Sulfate. Look up the side effects, if you dare.

I did!
•Confusion
•dizziness or lightheadedness
•fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
•low blood pressure
•muscle weakness
•skin infection after soaking
•sleepiness

So, 4 days of labor, and a baby in the NICU for a month, and an adventure to look back on.

Wow!
That's... intense.

I'm thinking you weren't exactly
looking at it as "an adventure"
at the time.

The only good part? Hubby didn't make it back on time and I DID get to name him. ;)

So there's more here.
Was he happy? Mad? At your choice?

Sorry, PK, totally just hijacked your thread. My apologies.

Oh, no!
Not at all.
I encourage story telling around here.

Are you like a jigsaw puzzle,
or more of Rubik's cube kinda puzzle?
More like a labyrinth…

Pit-falls and random monsters included.

This surprises no one.

No one.
Pretty sure I saw your name on the list as well.

Well..... no.
Once I was committed...

But that's a whole other story.
rimshot_zpsxgbdywf5.gif

Groucho would have been proud.

Now that was.... weird.
Actually if you ever get the chance to hear one, the awards ceremonies for the “Igs” make for some great listening. There are usually interesting reasons (and often right funny stories) for how the various researchers got sidetracked onto such apparently wacky research topics. And most of them end up leading to solutions or advancements on more mainstream issues. Not to mention, the presenters solution for letting a recipient know that their acceptance speech has run to long is truly classic.

I'm glad we can all agree on something!
And I remember most everything that you write.
So by definition…

Care to lay it out?
This should reaffirm just how completely daft I am, but you asked for it.

First off, pie isn’t necessarily required to have both an upper and lower crust. So for me the category of pie also includes such things as cobblers, crumbles and buckles. But to really confuse the issue…
Pie is not a specific thing, as much as it’s a method.
Historically pies were not sweet and before the advent of sugar the purpose of the “coffin” was as a containment/serving vessel and heat distribution tool during the baking. Often the shell wasn’t really all that edible, so the contents are a better definition of what is actually pie. That content is designed to make limited resources go farther by mixing smaller amounts of various food stuffs combined with some type of extender or thickening agent. So while Chicken-pot-pie is considered a pie, chicken and dumplings is basically the same thing and is also pie. Accepting that type of categorization means that stews and chilies can also be considered pie (they can certainly be baked into a crust if desired). Since a baking vessel can substitute for the purpose of a crust, then many more types of meals can be also be categorized as pie. Shepard’s Pie has no traditional crust at all but it is still considered pie. Similarly, most any baked “casserole” would therefor meet the definition. By extrapolation that means something like Lasagna could be considered pie. And if the grain based shell of a Calzone basically defines it as a pie, then would in not also follow that something like a burrito could also be seen as being pie? As you can see there are a great many dishes that can meet the definition. This being the case…
that which I refer to as being pie is a rather expansive group of delectable culinary delights.

And I like pie!

(if there was anyone left who didn’t already think that I’d completely lost it, this right thear should put those doubts to rest)

See…
Mark was right.

I kinda don't mind this
"not really having an agenda" thing.

WOW that is really beautiful. I love the mountains/water combo

Annnnnddd... again, the photo sucks.
It was impressive.
Just take my word for it.
We both stood there gaping with
our mouths open.

dont you hate that? I had an amazing view of Pikes Peak this morning covered with snow and clouds hanging out about midway up, perfectly blue sky above, but it didn't do it justice at all in the photo.

Okay... I'm really torn between these
next two photos.
They're both of the same spot.
Which do you prefer?
(bonus point opportunity.)

DSC04353_zpszajwpzwl.jpg

i love this first one!

It's the elusive Ruby! Hi Ruby!

an older couple from Ohio
(Betty and George. Say hi everyone!)

Hi Betty and George!

WOW! beautiful!

Pretty, no?
Not the biggest I've seen,
but picturesque.

spectacular

i like pie but not cooked fruit pie like apple or peach or blueberry, :crazy2:.. Chocolate, or lemon meringue :thumbsup2

7:30am

. We leave Jasper. What time?

9:30am

. What do we do before we leave... of course.

use the bathroom

You might want to Google.

visit Helen Lake and Bow Glacier Falls

What time do we get into Banff?

2:30pm

Lefty or Righty?

Righty tighty

Did you see it?

better get that Marvin some food before he blows something up

Can I just start off this reply by saying every one of your scenery pictures are stunning. It's hard to go wrong with that scenery, but your choices of framing make each picture even more so!

The reason it took me so long to get over here is that I've had no time at my computer unmonitored. All my replies lately are from the phone. I wanted to at least see the pictures on the big screen before making my replies, and sadly, I'm back on the phone.

Note to self.
Don't lose the contest points.

It took me over two hours
to re-tabulate everything.

Hence the reason you will never see another contest on one my Trs.

we woke up at 8:30am.

And... it was flippin' cold!
-1C/30F to be exact.
I'm on vacation!

Yikes! That's worse than our coldest day in Winter!

Does anyone else wonder why they
have wood stacked up...
if no one has a wood burning fireplace?

I liked Rob's answer the best, but perhaps they put them there just so you could take that shot. It's one of my favorites! :goodvibes

I kinda don't mind this
"not really having an agenda" thing.

That can sometimes be the best way to go.

I started to laugh.
I pointed out that she was a woman sconed.

She pointed out that if I wrote that
I'd probably lose readers.

What do you thing?

My thing? Hmmmm....family board and all...

Oh you mean what do I THINK?

My first reaction was <groan> but I'm used to that from you. So I kept reading on.

Whoa!
(looking almost straight down)

No thank you. Just looking at that picture made my vertigo kick in just a bit.

To say that this walk
was a trip highlight
is not an understatement.

I miss being able to do things like that. Not that I can't do it, but I'd be on my own. I took a walk on an overlook at Bruce Canyon and not having someone to steady me has caused me to rethink solo walks. Now I just look from the car or 5 ft of it.

Which do you prefer?

I like the one with the bridge better, not only does it gives perspective to the height of the falls, but it also gives a sense of locale. The first could be almost anywhere, but the second says Rocky Mountains and not Kauai.

Hello, Ruby.

Awww, are you holding her hand while you walk? How sweet. It's the simple things you miss when you can't have them.

It's not an overly long walk,
about 2 kms or 1.3 miles.

That's about .3 miles longer than a long walk. :rolleyes1

We had originally planned to
retrace our steps, but...
I got her situated at a picnic table
and headed back to get the car.

You are so sweet.

By some cruel twist of fate,
the trail had been redesigned
in the few minutes we'd been off it,
and was now almost all up hill!

What kind of sick trick was this???

Don't fool with Mother Nature....

an older couple from Ohio

Hi Betty and George! :wave2:

They told me they had to get back to their
bus in five minutes.

Um.... good luck with that!
Google says the walk from that point
would take about half an hour.

And this is precisely why Fran and I will not take one of these bus tours.

So... Let's go find Maligne lake, okay?

It's beautiful, even if it wasn't the lake you were talking about.

So... cafeteria type food.

I would have voted for the Tea House at the Falls, they have Wiener Schnitzel.

Since it was so sunny,
we decided to eat outside.

And just about froze to death.

I'll go back inside, thank you very much.

Pretty, no?
Not the biggest I've seen,
but picturesque.

Very Pretty!

As we have previously discussed, yes I like pie. But it wasn't always that way. As a kid, my dad was the only one who ate pie. His favorite was Mincemeat pie, I think I remembered the Fairy Tale about the witch who baked the children into a pie and so when I thought of Mincemeat, it sounded nasty. Finally one day, someone convinced me to try an Apple pie with a big heap of Vanilla Ice cream on it, and I said, "Hey, that's not bad!" So for about 15 years, all i ate was Apple pie. I think it was Fran who got me to try other flavors, and even savory pies like chicken pot pie and shepherd's pie. So I guess that means yes.

We had about fifteen minutes before
the movie Sully started.
Plenty of time.
The theatre is just around the corner.
We made it with at least ten
minutes to spare.
If you haven't seen it...
we both enjoyed it.

Someday we will see it, probably when it's on HBO or Showtime, or one of the other channels. Right now I can't even keep up with my DVR!

Not before visiting another gift shop...

Of course, you set the precedent.

Steppesister - 367 points
franandaj - 362 points

Movin up!

Questions, next round:

I'm gonna say 7AM

10AM

. What do we do before we leave... of course.

Hit up a gift shop. No not hold up a gift shop!

I'm going to say the Icefield. i Can't Remember the name

. What time do we get into Banff?

7PM

6. Lefty or Righty?

What do you mean? African or European?

I dunno.

Ahhhhhhh!

Oh, you mean which handed am i? :confused3

Righty.

Did you see it?

Yes. Please sir, can I have some more?

Oh wrong genre. That's Oliver Twist. Poor starving Marvin can he have some pie?

:faint: I finally finished reading through. I'm happy to have read everything, even if it didn't all stick. You have visited some gorgeous places and again, I love all the fun banter.

Your Splash photo is fantastic! TOT - I too discovered that the ride was waaaaayyyyy more enjoyable if you don't hold on to the handles.

October is my favorite month - I join you and Ruby with b-days (I'm the 4th). @Gracefulskinny - I believe we share an anniversary date - 10/14. Lot's of good times for me in Oct.

I think I need to start reading Alison's TR's.....we have some similar thoughts....I would have a certain reply in mind and find that Alison responded already. I too thought the lady giving you the stink eye was the mother of the Queen of hearts. I would have also shared that you can get a smaller version of the No Way Jose. I would love to run into her and Fran at Disney - we are so close by and regulars.

How was that?
What did you do? See?

We had a great time, thanks for asking. - spent most of our time in Estes Park. Way to cold for me! Luckily on our first full day, we drove Trail Ridge Road and made it through - the top section closed 2 days later. We saw plenty of elk. :rotfl: We also stopped in at the Wildlife sanctuary - we thought it was a cool place - some sad stories for the animals. They seem to get good care to live out their remaining years. We stopped in at Red Rocks - beautiful and spent some time in Manitou Springs - quaint little town. Looked at some homes and property in Colorado Springs as my hubby, Eric, wants to move there. He's got his work cut out - as so. cal. is the only place I've lived. I had not seen falling snow until I was around 26!

A couple of quick catch up items - 5:10 p.m. is early evening in my book. I know...this has been well covered...but you did mention points for answering.

Cheese quesadilla - pictured it well....I have one at least once a week.

I was sad to read about your MIL - sounds like she had a great day prior. :grouphug:

You've officially climbed out of the cellar.

:cheer2: much better than my original 10 points.

Keep finding them...
and I'll keep awarding points. :)

I'll pm you with some of my findings along the way.

What do you thing?

hmmm....thing? You'll probably go change that now so I appear crazy.

Which do you prefer?

I prefer the 1st photo as it only shows the natural elements.

Hello, Ruby.

And here we have.......the backside of Ruby. Hello, Ruby!

What kind of sick trick was this???

I thought you would be used to walking up hill both ways....in the snow....shoveling....:rolleyes1

Hi Betty, Hi George.

"Does the trail loop back at the bridge?"

So....fair warning...depending on my mood and where we are, I may be helpful or just answer yes.

I'm gonna say that Ruby does not like pie....at least I think that was what you wrote.

I am particular about my pie. I like a chocolate satin (not a chocolate cream), or a very sophisticated chocolate pudding pie with graham cracker crust. Apple with a crumb topping and vanilla ice cream and certain key lime pies.....very particular.

7:30 a.m.

8:30 a.m.

eat breakfast and check out of the overnight digs.

Herbert Lake
Bow Glacier Falls
Peyto Lake

I also think you stop for a bite to eat.

6 p.m.

6. Lefty or Righty?

Righty

Did you see it?

Yes....Marvin wants to bother that man with a request for pie.

I actually have read everything.
And tabulated almost all the points, too!

But... shout outs are going to have to wait
just a little bit longer.

And then I'll start writing the next update.

I like the picture of Ruby. It is like she is saying come on just a little bit farther. You can do it, I know you can.

Questions, next round:
1. What the heck. What time do we wake up? Early 8:00

2. We leave Jasper. What time? 10:00am

3. What do we do before we leave... of course. Shop in a gift store then stop to see the train at the train station.

Maybe you just drove and drove to get to Banff and didn't stop - no you would never do that to your adoring fans.:love::worship:
So here are my answers.
I think you visit the Columbia Ice Fields as it is a must stop visit and I am sure that you had all the warm clothes necessary for the journey.
We stopped there and at a Hot Springs on our trip from Banff to Jasper but the Hot Springs was a little out of the way so you probably didn't have time.
You stopped to view the famous Castle Rock and bought yummy snacks from the little store.
Before you got to Banff you stopped to view the Hoodoos.

5. What time do we get into Banff? 6:30pm

6. Lefty or Righty? Lefty and proud of it.

Did you see it? Please sir may I have some pie?????

Okay... I'm really torn between these
next two photos.
They're both of the same spot.
Which do you prefer?
I like the first picture because there is only nature with no signs of civilization
I like pumpkin pie the best and cherry pie comes in 2nd. If I have to eat anything apple I prefer apple crisps over apple pie.

Again when I went on my trip a couple of years ago we couldn't get to see certain places. We tried to stop at and view beautiful Peyto Lake. It was a 1/2 hour hike from the parking lot to the Lake on a good day but this was our path to the Lake. :furious:
DSC09495 bow summit.jpg
We had no boots so went about 1/4 mile and decided to turn back and this was in mid May. I guess spring and summer come later in the mountains. There was a couple of guys ahead of us and he was wearing leather dress shoes so he didn't make it very far either.

FAR too late according to my contest guess. Work on that.

Are you saying I need to work on that...
or you need to? :laughing:

Nice ones too!

Thanks!

Especially this one. It's why they put the wood there, ya know.

Ugh.
I hate overly vain lumber.

I'd have had to have coffee long before this. Ahh, too bad it was so cold. Here's a picture of perfection:

Hot mug of coffee in hand, butt in chair with sun coming up over the peaks, a warm breeze blowing softly on my face and the sun warm on my cheeks. No where to be, elk grazing over there >>, eyes closed. And breakfast waiting for me at 10:00. Yep, that's how it's done.

Well.... okay...
That does sound pretty nice.

You're ideas are starting to rub off on me.

A deep canyon with water flowing in the bottom? :confused3

oooh.... snarky.
I like it.

Definitely this one. It really highlights the slower shutter speed work, and your colors are better- especially the blue in the top fall and the greens of the moss. Rule of 3rds better.

Not sure about the rule of thirds so much,
I suppose, from the top you mean,
but not horizontally.

Dude, you Canadians are fast!

We have to be.
It prevents freezing to death.

Evolution.

Somehow, I don't see this happening....

They did pretty good though!
I just hope the old guy
didn't drop dead of a heart attack.

Wouldn't want to leave her sconed.

But in a few years when it's legal,
I could leave her stoned.

I"m starting to wonder why you had food in your trunk... :confused3

Now I'm REALLY wondering why you had food in your trunk!

I'm getting there!!

Hmmm... gotta be in the mood and for some reason the pie mood only strikes once in a while. Pumpkin in Thanksgiving for SURE, love Key Lime, HATE anything cream pie-ish, but especially banana! I can take or leave apple, but if it's hot with a little cheddar or ice cream, I'll eat it. My favorite might be pecan. I guess for fruit, I'm more of a crisp kinda gal. (Oatmeal crumble topping instead of pie crust.)

Pumpkin may be the only pie I don't like!

I did and loved it!!! But then again anything with Tom Hanks is probably gonna float my boat.

Any Tom Hanks movie you don't like?

I hate this question. 8:00

10:15

Eat and then gift shop.

Lake Louise and/or Columbia Ice Fields.

6:00

6. Lefty or Righty?

Lefty

Noted.

PM coming.

Got it!

Hi, Pkondz! :wave2:

Hi Jenny!

I really enjoyed your Disney trip report! It's too bad your original plans didn't work out (I'd really love to go on a Disney cruise sometime!), but it looks like you had fun.

::yes:: Kinda hard not to have fun in Disney!

I feel better about my ability to get around the World now that I see your lucky travel times from your prior trip appear to have been a fluke - I still don't know how you got so lucky with short (or nonexistent!) travel times for nearly every ride. Welcome to traveling like the rest of us! :laughing:

:laughing:
Well, my overall times
were pretty good still.

I love your MNSSHP costume!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I must admit I didn't catch it right away, but well done!

I wouldn't have know either, actually.
I had to look up who he was!

But quite a few people got it.

I'm sure quite a few people that you didn't notice grabbed a photo of you as well!

Pretty likely. I doubt I saw everyone
who took a photo.
I missed at least one,
but the couple standing in line
with me waiting for Jack and Sally
mentioned it to me.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on a prior trip report, but you take a lot of REALLY good pictures! Bravo, sir!

Gee! Thanks! :)

Also, DISmeets! I'm so jealous that you met Katie and Jamie! :goodvibes

It was really great getting to meet them!
And they're even better in person
than they are on-line. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter