Canadian Buffoon's DISmeet vacation - 09/14 - Bowled Over

So I guess with the Leafs dismal loss that I have to become an honorary Winnipegean?? and cheer for the Jets or I could be a traitor and cheer for the amazing Las Vegas Knights.
At least we still have the Raptors going strong. Go Raptors Go.

Well, y'know, you got past the part where you met *me*, so I'm fine with you detouring to the more recent past... ;)

So I guess with the Leafs dismal loss that I have to become an honorary Winnipegean??

First we'll have to teach
you the proper noun.

;)

and cheer for the Jets or I could be a traitor and cheer for the amazing Las Vegas Knights.

:eek:
Bite your tongue!
Although.... if we lose
the next round,
that's probably who I'll
root for.

At least we still have the Raptors going strong. Go Raptors Go.

Basketball...
One of the sports that
just doesn't interest me,
until it's the final.

And maybe not even then!

Welcome Back! I see everyone else has already begged and pleaded for the California report so I don't need to. Since there are so many wonderful recipes here, I would like to beg and plead for your Bloody Cesar(?) that was mentioned in Steppe's report? That sounds interesting. I think I may need to compile these recipes in a file so I can find them when I want to try them. I made the sausage, crescent roll thingy for my Bible Study group last week and it was a big hit! Thank you to the poster of that one... sorry, I am too lazy to look back right now for the recipe owner. :tilt: Actually, thank you to everyone who is contributing recipes. I love to read recipes. I don't love to cook but we need to eat so..,:thanks:

So... my Jedi mind tricks have been working amazingly well lately. Or is it that yours have?! :worship:

Welcome Back! I see everyone else has already begged and pleaded for the California report so I don't need to.

Yep. Done deal now.
Just finished editing
and uploading
all the photos.

Since there are so many wonderful recipes here, I would like to beg and plead for your Bloody Cesar(?) that was mentioned in Steppe's report?

Sure! :)

Bloody Caesar

Ingredients

• 1 lime wedge
  • 1 tablespoon celery salt, or as needed (I use Caesar rimming salt. Better.)
  • ice cubes, as needed
  • 1 fluid ounce vodka
  • 1 dash Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
  • 1 dash Tabasco
  • 8 fluid ounces Clamato
  • 1 celery stick
Directions
  1. Wet the rim of a cocktail glass with the lime wedge. Place celery salt in a small dish, and press the rim of the glass into the salt to coat. Add ice to the glass.
  2. Pour vodka, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce over the ice; top with Clamato. Garnish with celery stick.

I think I may need to compile these recipes in a file so I can find them when I want to try them. I made the sausage, crescent roll thingy for my Bible Study group last week and it was a big hit!

Hey! You made one! Great!
I haven't yet had a chance
to make.... anything.
But will!

you to the poster of that one... sorry, I am too lazy to look back right now for the recipe owner. :tilt:

That was @vamassey1

:)

Actually, thank you to everyone who is contributing recipes. I love to read recipes. I don't love to cook but we need to eat so..,:thanks:

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Last edited:
Yes we are waiting - can't wait to hear about your trip to the Long Beach Grand Prix

Hmm... let's see....

TRs caught up on...
Photos edited and
loaded to Photobucket...

Guess I should write something.
Yes?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ok here is my breakfast recipe

Fruit & Nanny

2 large apples sliced (or enough to cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan) You can peel the apples or leave them on whatever you prefer
Sugar and cinnamon ~ whatever amount you want you can use more cinnamon if you prefer or less
Put mixture in a gallon ziplock bag

6 Tablespoons of Butter

1 cup of milk
1 cup of flour
6 eggs

Preheat oven to 450
Melt butter in bottom of 9x13 pan (I just put it in the oven while it is preheating when it is fully melted pull pan out of oven)
Shake the apples to coat them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture
Place apples in the bottom of your 9x13 pan

Combine milk, flour, and eggs (I mix it all up in a blender)
Pour over the apples

Cook for 18 minutes

Serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.

upload_2018-5-1_17-20-49.jpeg

I'm back -- at least for a few days...before I head off to LaLa Land.

As you may recall -- I added on a quick trip to WDW while my wife was on a business trip.

My goal for the trip was to attempt the WDW46 challenge again, check out Disney Springs, golf, hit up the water parks, and do the Star Wars VR thing.

Unfortunately I strained my hamstring playing softball two days before departure, so getting around was quite the chore, but I'm happy to say that I was still able to have a great time.

On Saturday, I hit up Disney Springs on arrival day and got to experience Blaze pizza. If you haven't been -- it's basically chipotle for pizza. So you get to choose your toppings and crust, and then they make it right there in front of you. Pretty good stuff and reasonably priced for Disney. I was staying at Port Orleans Riverside, and really enjoyed the boat ride to/from DS. Unfortunately, Disney misplaced my luggage from DME, and it wasn't delivered until 10 hours after my flight landed. On a positive note, they loaded my account with anytime FPs -- which was a good thing for my WDW challenge. :-)

On Sunday, I took it relatively easy and bounced around DHS, Epcot and MK trying to time how long it took to go from one park to the next in preparation for the challenge the next day. I also swung by the Grand and hung out in the hotel lobby for about an hour or so -- I absolutely love listening to the piano player there in the afternoon. Pro-tip -- if you're cheap like me with respect to alcohol purchasing -- you can buy a small bottle of liquor and a 20 oz bottle in the gift shop, and then mix your own drinks in the lobby while listening to the music. Cheapest drinks on property! Poured the remaining crown royal into the 20 oz bottle for safe keeping and proceeded to the MK for a couple rides and HEA. I also think I ate like 4 buckets of popcorn throughout the day. Not the smartest idea for the upcoming challenge day.

Monday was WDW challenge day (i.e., ride all rides in one day)
Sadly -- unlike my previous attempt, I was not successful in finishing the challenge. I developed some seriously bad blisters on the balls of both feet by 3 pm (never had that issue before), and that, combined with some slow loading lines (damn MK trains!!!) and 7DMT not being open right at 9 am, I fell behind about 25 minutes. I just needed POC, BTMRR, and SPLASH to finish it out...all in all, it was still fun to attempt. It is not easy to do in 14 hours -- not much can go wrong...and I had two too many things go wrong. Total walking for that day was around 17 miles. :crutches:

On Tuesday, I took it easy and slept in until 10 am (never get to do that anymore with the kids) before heading down to the hotel pool around 11 am. Hung out there with some drinks until 12:30 pm, before grabbing a quick lunch and hitting up the golf course at the property (Hawk's Landing at Marriott World Center). Despite crazy winds, playing with rented clubs, a bum hammy and two blown out feet, I still managed to break 80 (albeit with one mulligan) -- so that was nice! That evening, DW and I went to Artist's Point for dinner since we hadn't been there before. Great food and service -- although, I wasn't all that fond of the ambiance. Probably should have stuck with Cali Grill -- but we wanted to try something new and DW hadn't yet been to the Wilderness lodge.

On Wednesday (last full day), I made the trek to BOTH waterparks...blistered feet be damned! enjoyed both parks -- and I honestly can't say which I enjoyed more. They both have their pros and cons. Finished the day with a late dinner at O'hanna's and practically had to be rolled out of there.

Thursday was early flight home -- fairly uneventful and we got home pretty early (before noon). Always nice to be home, especially with the little ones waiting on the front porch! Extra snuggle time all day that day.

And then we found out the kids had lice. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter