Canadian Buffoon's Back to Front Vacation - Update! 05/18 - Falling Down

December 14-21 with the party on the 17th.

Make it happen?
Hmmm...we've never done MVMCP, but on the other hand we really liked MNSSHP. Might have to talk DW into doing both this year. I'm just really bummed they're changing the fireworks show for MNSSHP...it, and I know @pkondz will agree, is the BEST fireworks show and they're gonna mess with it. :sad: They're probably going to screw it up with projections.

Niiiice.

:laughing:

::yes::
I do that to my trainees
when they make them
work with me on a night shift.
They have to do some...
so I can make sure they're able...

But... otherwise... "Go away and sleep."
Hey, can I come work for you?

Oh wait, that would mean I'd have to move and ....... deal with a ton of snow.

NEVER MIND!

I'm just really bummed they're changing the fireworks show for MNSSHP...it, and I know @pkondz will agree, is the BEST fireworks show and they're gonna mess with it. :sad: They're probably going to screw it up with projections.

I am willing to wait and
see what they do, but...

Yeah.

Hey, can I come work for you?

Oh wait, that would mean I'd have to move and ....... deal with a ton of snow.

NEVER MIND!

Always a catch!

lol

Surely you can't be that
anxious to meet me.

I'm rather horrid, you know.
There are now several people
who can attest to that.
::yes::

:duck:

And If you believe me, I've got some swampland I'll sell ya real cheap.

Only $80 per gal...I mean acre.

DSC06663_zpspiml2t1c.jpg

How pretty! Your photos are lovely, not that I'm surprised.

DSC06658_zpsphwifvcb.jpg

You can certainly see how
it got its name.
Beautiful falls.

Indeed! Worth the hike :)

The Okanagan Valley
in British Columbia
is one of Canada's
wine growing regions.
I'd had wines from there
before, so making a stop
here was a nice diversion.

Ooh, nice pitstop! In related news, Nova Scotia only has probably less than a 10th of the vineyards in BC, but it's still got some pretty lovely wine regions! If you haven't been to the Annapolis Valley on your past Nova Scotia trips, and you'll ever be here in the summer/early fall, you should try to make time! There's even apparently a "wine bus" that takes you out there from Halifax. :laughing: We aren't big drinkers, but the area is lovely, and there are some nice little small towns and farm markets, so we like to go out there. And I'm actually doing my internship in the area over the summer. Are you getting the impression that I'm trying to sell you on another Halifax trip someday?? :goodvibes

Just because they're not
the most intelligent marmots
in the world, doesn't mean
you have to call them slow.
And to tell everyone!

:laughing: Teehehe

Yummmmm!

Later, after the sun went down
and the sounds of the campground
faded into slumber,
I crept out from my tent
to take a photo of the starry night.

DSC06700_zps3r0hffum.jpg

How beautiful! Nice shot.

:eek::eek:

And one last thing...
I think I might take a break from this
TR after the next update and start
on the trip I just came back from
while it's still fresh in my mind.

I like this idea! I've been enjoying your current TR, but I'd love to hear about your recent trip as well!

Holy cow.

I'm caught up!
(as of this second.
It won't last.)

And now I'm far too
burned out to write...

Feeling a bit like this, myself, as of late! It's hard to keep up sometimes! I'm sure even more so for you with how popular you obviously are :goodvibes

How pretty! Your photos are lovely, not that I'm surprised.

Thanks, Meghan! :)

Indeed! Worth the hike :)

::yes:: I thought so too.
Didn't regret it.

Ooh, nice pitstop! In related news, Nova Scotia only has probably less than a 10th of the vineyards in BC, but it's still got some pretty lovely wine regions! If you haven't been to the Annapolis Valley on your past Nova Scotia trips, and you'll ever be here in the summer/early fall, you should try to make time! There's even apparently a "wine bus" that takes you out there from Halifax. :laughing: We aren't big drinkers, but the area is lovely, and there are some nice little small towns and farm markets, so we like to go out there. And I'm actually doing my internship in the area over the summer. Are you getting the impression that I'm trying to sell you on another Halifax trip someday?? :goodvibes

I've heard of the Annapolis Valley.
But... (ashamed to say) I had no
idea they were in Nova Scotia. :blush:

I skirted the area (sorta).
I went down one coast as
far as Lunenberg and went
with Elle over to Advocate Harbour…

But not that part.
Still lots to do in NS.

Correct!

How beautiful! Nice shot.

Thanks! :goodvibes

:rolleyes:

I like this idea! I've been enjoying your current TR, but I'd love to hear about your recent trip as well!

Okay! :)

Feeling a bit like this, myself, as of late! It's hard to keep up sometimes! I'm sure even more so for you with how popular you obviously are :goodvibes

Moi???

I do believe you are quite a
bit more popular than me!

Okay... a lot more.

I've heard of the Annapolis Valley.
But... (ashamed to say) I had no
idea they were in Nova Scotia. :blush:

It's a sleepy little area in an already small province, so don't beat yourself up over it. I think it's a hidden gem though! The drive in the summer is pretty. We like a winery out there called Avondale Sky Winery. Nathan has a relationship with the owners now since he's painted at some of their festivities over the years. It's like a little piece of heaven, run by really lovely folks. And it's on the side of the valley closest to Halifax, so only about an hour from here. That reminds me...I should stop in sometime this summer on my way home from internship and pick up a couple bottles of wine and some chocolates... :laughing:

I skirted the area (sorta).
I went down one coast as
far as Lunenberg and went
with Elle over to Advocate Harbour…

Lunenburg is a sweet little spot, too! :goodvibes I have to admit that I've actually never been to Advocate Harbour! I've never had any excuse. But it seems like a pretty area. Two of my professors got married in Parrsboro, which is kind of on the way out in that direction, but I haven't been out there yet.

Moi???

I do believe you are quite a
bit more popular than me!

Okay... a lot more.

No way! That doesn't sound right at all! :confused: We'll just have to agree that you and I are both very important people! :thumbsup2

It's a sleepy little area in an already small province, so don't beat yourself up over it. I think it's a hidden gem though! The drive in the summer is pretty. We like a winery out there

called Avondale Sky Winery. Nathan has a relationship with the owners now since he's painted at some of their festivities over the years. It's like a little piece of heaven, run by really lovely folks. And it's on the side of the valley closest to Halifax, so only about an hour from here.

Sounds nice... and gives me someplace to aim for next time I'm out that way. :)

That reminds me...I should stop in sometime this summer on my way home from internship and pick up a couple bottles of wine and some chocolates... :laughing:

I should too!

Lunenburg is a sweet little spot, too! :goodvibes I have to admit that I've actually never been to Advocate Harbour! I've never had any excuse. But it seems like a pretty area. Two of my professors got married in Parrsboro, which is kind of on the way out in that direction, but I haven't been out there yet.

Went with Elle to go kayaking. The whole reason we went there.

And it was canceled due to high winds.
Oh well... we went horseback riding instead.

She liked that a lot.
Right up until she got bucked off the horse.

No way! That doesn't sound right at all! :confused: We'll just have to agree that you and I are both very important people! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Oh my goodness!! :eek:
Yeah... it was scary.

Neither one of us is very
experienced at riding.
Elle asked if anyone had
ever been thrown and could
she have a fairly tame horse.

The guide said that only one
person had ever been bucked
off a horse and it was because
they had done something like
trying to make the horse back
into a fence or something.

We were going along, having a good time
when some birds erupted out of a thicket
we were passing and spooked the horses.
The guide's horse took off as did mine
and Elle's.
The guide stopped his after a bit as did I,
but Elle's horse bucked in a circle
(unlike ours that bolted straight ahead)
and she was thrown.

She was pretty bruised, but...
The guide gave her major props
for holding onto the reins even after
she went down and kept the horse
from running off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter