Canada's Wonderland 2012

We haven't been to Wonderland in years. It just doesn't compare to the magic of Disney and I agree with one poster who said they have been spoiled by the Disney Fastpass. Big ditto on that one! I can't believe someone would wait hours for a ride.....never never ever would I do that!
However, my 14 yr old DD missed a lot of days out with her friends because they all have seasons passes. So I caved and just last week bought the 2012 seasons pass which included one visit for this year.

I don't think you can compare CW with anything Disney. It's like comparing a unicycle and a Ferrari.
That said, Wonderland has its place. I mean, if you search hard enough you can get into that park for $20. My last Disney trip cost about six grand.

We buy season passes every year to CW. No you can't compare it to Disney - you're nuts if you even try to! But in this area it's pretty impressive!

For those of you complaining of wait times - it's the same as at Disney show up early or don't bother going!!!!!!!!!!!! We always get there for opening ride Behemoth, Stunt cars, flight deck, sledgehammer, cyclone, time warp, dragon's fire, sky rider, vortex by lunch time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you show up even an hour or 2 past opening yes you will have a 2 hour wait to get on Behemoth - sorry your fault plan you day better!

I've always done Wonderland as a planned spur-of-the-moment excursion based on weather. In other words, "the next day off I have that's cool and cloudy and threatening rain, that's the day I go." If the rain does show up, people leave the park in droves and everything's a walk-on as soon as it clears.

I find most of Wonderland terrifying! I miss the Smurfs and Gargamel :) I do agree that it does need a few more inclusive rides. There are few and far between! While it is great to go with people who like the same level of thrill, there is so little to do with a young family that all can enjoy. It also seems that everytime I've been, there have been school groups or worse... an Much Music Dance Party once!!! Oh well! :eek:

I LOVE Canada's Wonderland!!!! We went on one of the hottest days this summer (the day it hit 52 with humidex) it was busy but everyone was in the waterpark, we didn't wait more then a few minutes for anything (including Windseeker and Behemouth) and a bunch of rides we got to stay on and ride multiple times. I was awesome!

I'm not a huge fan of Wonderland. I think the rides are fine, the waits are unbearable. The last time we went, I planned a big group outing for work. We took about 60 people, got a group rate (I think we saved about $5 per person). What the people at Wonderland failed to tell me was that the day we booked, was also a special event day that drew thousands and thousands of people in addition to the regular attendance. Just to get through the gates took an hour. And I don't appreciate not being able to bring in our own food and more than a bottle of water or other beverage. We didn't have the option of leaving our lunches on the bus and retrieving it later as the bus was gone! We were forced to eat ridiculously overpriced crappy food in the park. And when I say ridiculously overpriced, it should never cost $60 for a hot dog, four burgers and two large fries. But they take your food away at the gate and throw it in the garbage.
The waits for the rides were 45 minutes and up. I think we rode maybe six things in the entire 10 hours we were there.
But worse than all of this was the attitude of the staff. Rude, condescending and could absolutely care less about who they were serving. And it wasn't just an isolated few, it was everywhere. From trying to buy a drink, to getting buckled into a ride, the employees were awful.
Now, this was about two years ago. Maybe things have improved. I will NEVER go back there. My son has gone a couple of times with his church group, but teens don't notice good service like adults do.
And this isn't comparing it to Disney, you can't compare the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter