Can you tell me a bit more about VB?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
We (DH, DS 12, DD 9, and me) are contemplating a 4 night stay at Vero beach before our 10 nights at WDW end of May/early June 2018. We would fly into MCO and rent a car to drive to Vero.

We've fallen in love with HHI and would love to learn more about VB.

I've read several reviews of people not liking the beach...why?

Are the waves in the ocean too choppy for boogie boards?

Is there a nature element to explore? We love seeing the crabs, dolphins, fish around HHI.

Restaurants? I've heard there's not many in the area, but are the ones that are onsite, or close good?

Have you checked this out?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/vero-beach-2017-information-adoration-thread.3568176/

I cannot walk on sand without help, so my days of using the Beach/ocean at VB are behind me, but a year does not go by without my husband and I going to VB for a few days.

I've done a pontoon boat trip with the nearby Environmental Learning Center, which is a great resource.
http://www.discoverelc.org/

We loved biking the historic jungle trail, and we always visit Pelican Island Wildlife Refuge.
https://www.fws.gov/refuge/pelican_island/

The CM's are wonderful. Our grandchildren participated and loved the craft and other programs that were offered. We had a Beach Cottage and multi hotel rooms many times for family and friends! It's a great DVC resort!

Bobbi

We have been twice to VB, both times added on to either a WDW a stay or cruise or both.

We have never gone more than 4 nights. Beach is nice, not as wide as HHI. The resort is beautiful, image a turn of the century style ocean front hotel. It's very pretty resort. There have been many updates to the resort. We stayed in update hotel rooms last time and they were lovely. Since, we have been there they have completely redid the dining, both CS and DR. I hear it's very nice.

The area where VB is actually Wabasso Beach. Vero Beach is about 20 minutes south. The area is quiet, with upscale homes and condos.

We usually just enjoy the resort and beach. We have not really ventured out except to have dinner both time at Squid Lips in Sebastian. Love it!!! We did discover from these boards, a sandwich place and pizzeria just out side the north gate by the public beach. Sandwich place, .

We really enjoy the Green Cabin Room which is located on the 2nd floor. You can sit on the porch over looking the ocean. We also have enjoyed our dinners at the resort. And are definitely looking forward to our future visits and trying the new dining options.

There is a full service Spa, which I have yet to enjoy! Nice gym.

We have 3 sons, 17-23 and they enjoy the resort. The beach, pool, basketball, and just hanging out and relaxing.
Both visits were after a stay at WDW, so we all enjoyed the R and R. Our first visit we had a 2 bedroom, just last year we had to rooms in the INN. That's all that was available, but they connected and one of them was huge. Both had fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Perfect.

It's very different than HHI. First, your right on the ocean, so that is the star. I feel there is less dining options close by. And I feel like you get two resorts at HHI, the actually resort and the Beach House. We have only been to HHI a once, but will definitely be going back. But we know we will definitely be back to VB. It's easier to get into and we can added on to a cruise or WDW?

I highly recommend trying VB. I do not think you will be disappointed. Maybe stay just 3 nights. I definitely want to explore things to do outside the resort next time. Eg. kakaking, nature preserve etc.

VB is a lovely resort, character walking around, plenty to do for the kiddies or adutls. Happy planning.

Since the last October when two hurricanes churned off shore the beach is wider at VB. These photos were taken at high tide. We have never stayed there before (we loved it) but we were told that the waves are usually much calmer than it shows in my photos. Another family used boogies boards all day and loved it, but one teenage girl said it was too rough.

IMG_3924_zpsr41s42aw.jpg

IMG_3925_zpsoggigvaa.jpg

We went last year with two young daughters (DD2 & DD3 at the time) for a few nights. The resort is most definitely on the relaxing side of vacationing, but we never had an issue of being bored or not finding anything to do for the girls.

The pool is very nice (was not very busy either), they have a mini-golf course, they have rentals for beach umbrella's chairs if you want to hang out on the beach, there is nightly campfire sign-a long (very fun for the kids), they have some character meals/party activities you can pay for, the onsite dining is also nice.

The ocean was pretty calm when we were there, but I am sure weather may play a bigger part in that. The sand was not an issue, and the girls enjoyed playing in it. I think they even had banana boat rides you could pay for. We enjoyed our stay quite a bit.

We love Vero and go every year but it took some getting used to. It is more relaxing but not boring at all. The staff has many more activities than I think other resorts. It is different I think that HH because at night the beach is black as night. It more or less closes. Some of this is because of sea turtles and some because there is nothing around there.

The place has a great vibe. You can hear the ocean waves, amazing ocean views and great pools. It feels a bit like being in the middle of no where but there are placing to eat, shop and have adventures. HH feels like your in a vacation area with many other hotels and restaurants around.

We have gone the last two years in March for 3 nights before our WDW stays and would definitely go back but would go after WDW to relax after the excitement of the parks. We need to explore a little more next time. In March, both years, the wind was too much to enjoy the beach. We did do the kayaking and that was alot of fun. Got to see manatees up close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter