Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

It wasn't a huge letdown, but for the $60 price tag I was expecting more food at BOG for dinner. The filet mignon was excellent but small. All of the food was very tasty but the meal doesn't fill you up.

Columbia Harbor House was pretty good but I can't figure out why they don't have fish and chips. Shouldn't a seafood place have fish and chips? And trying to go up the stairs holding a tray with both hands was pretty scary. I'm sure people have taken tumbles down those stairs because there's no way to hold onto a handrail. Also, it was lunchtime and the noise level was unreal. We called it "Columbia Cracker Barrel." :-)
I kinda felt the same. The $36 price tag for Mac&Cheese for my 3GD who ate “0” bites was only made up for with the look on her face when she seen Beast.

I actually didn't mind BOG dinner, my bouillabaisse was actually excellent when I went shortly after the menu change. Far better than I was expecting.

Ale & Compass was pretty disappointing. I booked breakfast the for the CP package in December and if came with the buffet. The buffet offerings were ok, nothing amazing, just... middle of the road. I felt like if you were at an ish nicer hotel with continental breakfast, you would get the buffet offerings. The shrimp and grits were about the same. Overall mediocre. I did see someone with the Breakfast Flatbread and that did look great, however I can't have gluten and there were lacking on any carb-y gluten free options.

And... Hoop-dee-doo :duck:I just did not get the whole thing. The food was just ok, I wasn't really into the show. I know so many people love this, but it was very much a one time thing for me.

Ohana -
Horrible food. Overcooked meat, slimy wings, dry potstickers. Never ever again. How this place is popular is beyond me.

Le Cellier -
My steak was incredibly disappointing. Terrible cut of steak. Atmosphere was fine but the tables were ridiculously close together.

Beaches & Cream -
Food here is nothing special. Burgers and fries were meh. Ditto for the icecream. Taste like any old icecream i can get at the grocery store.

The seating at Beaches and Cream lets it down too. I was seated by where people come in for take out ice creams and had to endure people looking over the railings at me making comments about my food as if I were some sideshow.

What I'm curious about is that for everyone on this thread that had really bad food: tough steak, overcooked chicken, etc. or obvious service issues, Did you send it back the food or ask for a manager? If not why not?

IMHO, anyone looking for consistently exceptional food at most WDW restaurants has expectations that are too high.

I tried to with Homecoming. The Fried Green Tomatoes looked nothing like expected, I'd never had them before and was told that this was what it was, the tomatoes didn't seem fried and just had sprinkles of what looked like batter on them, not coated, I was ill later that day and a friend later told me I was probably poisoned by the tomatoes not being cooked properly. They took my fried chicken away as it was cold and brought back the same piece just reheated by sticking it in the fryer, I had no doughnuts with them and was told they didn't come with doughnuts . I wanted the moonshine cake, but, the server seemed to desperately want me to order something else, I don't know why as I had the Moonshine cake and that was the only good thing I had that day. The service had been so poor I did ask for the manager, but, he couldn't have cared less, I was made to feel like I was being an awkward customer. I walked away thinking 'never again'

Art Smith's Homecoming. Worst food and service I have ever had a WDW. I'd heard such good things about it and booked an ADR, but, it was abysmal. I really want to give it another go, but, it was an expensive mistake I don't want to repeat.

I tried to with Homecoming. The Fried Green Tomatoes looked nothing like expected, I'd never had them before and was told that this was what it was, the tomatoes didn't seem fried and just had sprinkles of what looked like batter on them, not coated, I was ill later that day and a friend later told me I was probably poisoned by the tomatoes not being cooked properly. They took my fried chicken away as it was cold and brought back the same piece just reheated by sticking it in the fryer, I had no doughnuts with them and was told they didn't come with doughnuts . I wanted the moonshine cake, but, the server seemed to desperately want me to order something else, I don't know why as I had the Moonshine cake and that was the only good thing I had that day. The service had been so poor I did ask for the manager, but, he couldn't have cared less, I was made to feel like I was being an awkward customer. I walked away thinking 'never again'

This sort of thing is consistent with what I have experienced at his restaurant in DC and why I have no desire to go to Homecoming.

The one place I heard praises about was AOA's food court, when it first opened. I was so excited to try the variety but we couldn't visit different bays, with the 3 young kids, and still eat within a timely manner. We ended up with grab & go sandwiches on arrival night, an almost inedible bounty platter the next morning (cold, hard biscuits, potatoes dowsed in onion powder, dry scrambled eggs) that we never tried, again.

We were planning on going there from POP.

I haven’t read anyone’s complaint about inedible food that said they took/sent it back. Anyone returned food especially from a QS? My money is the same whether at Disney or not, so I expect editable food in return or my money back.

Boathouse. Was expecting steaks to be amazing, but the quality was horrible. They charred it badly on the outside, but even on the non-char parts of the steak, I could tell the quality of meat wasn't up to par at all. Thankfully the bread, amazing lobster bisque and dessert were good, but man, those steaks, what a major let down.

Whispering Canyons Cafe. We were so excited to eat here on Christmas morning, especially since we were staying at the WL, and were just so disappointed. This was several years ago, and I've heard the menu has changed, so maybe its improved now. We got the breakfast skillet and it was just plain gross. Eggs tasted like fake powdered eggs, bacon was paper thin and the rest of it was just bland and cold. Our waitress was kind of a jerk. I get the whole act they put on, so it wasn't that. He was just very impersonal, kind of full of himself, and overall bored and rude.

I kinda felt the same. The $36 price tag for Mac&Cheese for my 3GD who ate “0” bites was only made up for with the look on her face when she seen Beast.

My main quip with BoG dinner is the price. The food isn't terrible, but it's not amazing, either. It's just a bit better than average by Disney standards, like a B-/C+. But it's grossly overpriced. $60/2credits is way too high. I think like $45/1credit would be much more worth it. For kids, instead of $36, maybe $25-$28 would be more reasonable.

Via Napoli
Horrible service and we just didn’t love the feel of the place. The food was okay, nothing amazing.

Sana’a. I think we would have loved it more if they hadn’t brought my shrimp allergy child shrimp, not the chicken tikka she ordered. We love that kind of food, but that ruined the meal for me, I was too stressed.

Boathouse. Was expecting steaks to be amazing, but the quality was horrible. They charred it badly on the outside, but even on the non-char parts of the steak, I could tell the quality of meat wasn't up to par at all. Thankfully the bread, amazing lobster bisque and dessert were good, but man, those steaks, what a major let down.
Agree and it can be very noisy. May not bother some people, but fair warning.

We were planning on going there from POP.

I haven’t read anyone’s complaint about inedible food that said they took/sent it back. Anyone returned food especially from a QS? My money is the same whether at Disney or not, so I expect editable food in return or my money back.

I did return a meal 1x at Pop last trip in March. It was burger from their foodcourt- and it was very VERY red inside. I'd say raw, or at the very least waaaay too rare for ground beef. They had mngr come over & were super nice, (she saw how rare it was) put what I paid back on my card. I think it's due to the burgers being prepped ahead certain times of day & wrapped in the silver pouches- I much prefer when they make it fresh in front of you. Funny thing was while I was talking to her, some guy came up to return a chicken sandwich saying it was raw, showing her (of course you have to be super careful with chicken, but there was zero pink, & he had also eaten 80% of it- no exaggeration). Mngr and CM at check out looked at each other and you could tell they were very aware it was fine, but they accommodated him. Somewhat irrationally, the timing made ME feel awful, because I was up there for a legitimate reason (which they could plainly see) & then this guy comes up obviously trying to get free food. :(

This sort of thing is consistent with what I have experienced at his restaurant in DC and why I have no desire to go to Homecoming.
IMO its a very overrated restaurant. I always hear good things about it but man it stinks. Terrible food and service.

I haven't read all 30 pages of this thread. Mine was 1900 Park Fare. The food wasn't very good, and I didn't enjoy the stepsisters like I thought I would. Big disappointment.

Be Our Guest. We went for a dinner last summer. We asked to talk to a chef about my daughter's food allergies, and the waitress refused to let us talk to a chef or manager. We ended up being very concerned about what she was eating and couldn't enjoy our meal.
I am beyond furious reading this. This is completely unacceptable. No server has the right to deny you access to a manager. Please don’t ever accept a reply like that ever again. Eating out with a child with allergies is alway stressing, and the rest should be doing everything it can to allay your fears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter