Can You Queue and Not Ride Guardians?

TiffFromTX

Mouseketeer
Hi y'all! My daughter (17) will be riding Guardians but I am easily motion sick and hate coasters so I won't be, but it's just the two of us so I'm wondering if I can go through the queue with her (on my scooter) and somehow dip out at the end and wait for her so she doesn't have to wait in the queue alone.

Hi y'all! My daughter (17) will be riding Guardians but I am easily motion sick and hate coasters so I won't be, but it's just the two of us so I'm wondering if I can go through the queue with her (on my scooter) and somehow dip out at the end and wait for her so she doesn't have to wait in the queue alone.

Yes, you can exit all the way up to the front. Just ask a cast member and they'll direct you out. Lots of people bail at the last minute, particularly those with little kids or those that are doing ride swap.

Yes, but you have to do the “show”. I have major, major vertigo issues and when they put us in the room for the pre show (like tower of terror, rise of the resistance, haunted mansion) I started to panic and they told me that there was no exit and I had to stay in line until the end and then could leave right before boarding the ride.

You would have to have a boarding pass or ILL in order to do so because there is no standby line. You won't be able to enter the line otherwise.

We just did this with our DS. We all got the Virtual Queue, and we all went through the queue together. I loved the preshow rooms, that made waiting so worth it! We were able to exit out a door right as he boarded the ride. Met up just outside the building when he was done, worked out great.

We just did this with our DS. We all got the Virtual Queue, and we all went through the queue together. I loved the preshow rooms, that made waiting so worth it! We were able to exit out a door right as he boarded the ride. Met up just outside the building when he was done, worked out great.
Do you happen to know if it's okay for me on a scooter? I just want to make sure the exit is scooter friendly and not stairs or anything.

The entire queue is accessible and there's a chicken exit at the very end where they board the vehicles. A lot of people were using it when I did the extended hour late night queue. All the pre-ride stuff is easily accessible and really neat. The exit requires a couple elevators, but it's all accessible.

Right I don't mind buying the ILL to wait with her.
If the virtual queue option is available, I would try for that vs buying the ILL. We had no problem getting a boarding group with the 1pm virtual queue drop last Monday 6/27 and Friday 7/1. DH actually got the Monday one around 1:30pm and we got an 8:15pm callback (original estimate was 8:55pm)...but we didn't actually do that one as we were too full from dinner. Friday we got called at 4:40pm (original estimate was 6pm).

A lot of people were using it when I did the extended hour late night queue.
Reports like this are what make me wish they could come up with a system like a wrist band or something where people who KNEW they were going to bail before boarding could get in line with the person/people riding but not take up a very limited BG spot from people who know they're going to ride. Like, the people who know or think they're going to ride would be in the group attempting to get the BG slot, and others who know they're bailing can go up with them, promise they aren't going to ride, and get a wrist band (like what they use at after hours parties) put on them. The CMs at the boarding area see the bands and usher them to the chicken exit - but a riding slot is not taken up by them.

Reports like this are what make me wish they could come up with a system like a wrist band or something where people who KNEW they were going to bail before boarding could get in line with the person/people riding but not take up a very limited BG spot from people who know they're going to ride. Like, the people who know or think they're going to ride would be in the group attempting to get the BG slot, and others who know they're bailing can go up with them, promise they aren't going to ride, and get a wrist band (like what they use at after hours parties) put on them. The CMs at the boarding area see the bands and usher them to the chicken exit - but a riding slot is not taken up by them.
It might be why the boarding groups have gone so much faster than anticipated most of the time, and the ride's general resilience to not going down. My 1PM boarding group got called two hours early. 5 instead of 7.

Even with the virtual queue, it's still a long line, and two areas of pre-show. I can see why a lot of people who don't want to ride the actual coaster wanted to see it -- or at least didn't want to sit outside in the heat for an hour.

It might be why the boarding groups have gone so much faster than anticipated most of the time, and the ride's general resilience to not going down. My 1PM boarding group got called two hours early. 5 instead of 7.

Even with the virtual queue, it's still a long line, and two areas of pre-show. I can see why a lot of people who don't want to ride the actual coaster wanted to see it -- or at least didn't want to sit outside in the heat for an hour.

But the problem is they're not adding in extra boarding groups. I'm not saying don't let people who know they're not going to ride wait in the queue with those who have BGs. I'm just saying find a way that they're not taking a BG spot from someone who wants to ride it. Especially for something like EEH where they are gone reportedly instantly and also reportedly - from the post I quoted - a lot of people then taking the chicken exit.

Maybe during EEH let it be for anyone who has EEH since they're scanning bands to ensure only eligible people can ride the rides anyway during that period. Then if it is long, each person who has EEH can decide if riding it (or waiting in the line to bail at the end) and maybe doing nothing else is worth it.

As a “chicken” I love this idea. It would help the cast members know where to direct those that don’t want to ride and would free up that slot in the boarding group.

I have no idea what they do at the end of the day. Maybe they are talking walk ons? The ride has been really stable and running well so maybe they run out of people?
They are not taking walk ons
There is no standby line to take walk ons from

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!