Can you leave your kids at Camp Dolphin and go to Victoria and Albert's?

DaviVascaino

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone

We will be going to WDW in February of 2023. We are a party of four, including 2 boys age 6 and 9.

This will be the first time we will stay at a Disney resort. We picked Boardwalk and we can't wait, we are super excited.

I really wanted to do something special for my wife. I would like to take her to Victoria and Albert's. I understand that the whole experience takes few hours and including transportation, we will probably need a sitter for 4- 5 hours.

Camp Dolphin sounds great and should be way less boring than hiring a sitter to stay at our room.
Does anyone know if you can drop the kids at Camp Dolphin and go to another resort that is not around Epcot? (In our case, Grand Floridian)

Thank you!

Hi everyone

We will be going to WDW in February of 2023. We are a party of four, including 2 boys age 6 and 9.

This will be the first time we will stay at a Disney resort. We picked Boardwalk and we can't wait, we are super excited.

I really wanted to do something special for my wife. I would like to take her to Victoria and Albert's. I understand that the whole experience takes few hours and including transportation, we will probably need a sitter for 4- 5 hours.

Camp Dolphin sounds great and should be way less boring than hiring a sitter to stay at our room.
Does anyone know if you can drop the kids at Camp Dolphin and go to another resort that is not around Epcot? (In our case, Grand Floridian)

Thank you!
Camp Dolphin still exists?

The Swan Dolphin Mobile App confirms it appears to be open, but when trying to book its unavailable. Using the Mobile App I'd click on the "I'm on Property" then click on "Text Us!" and check to see if it is actually open or not. Generally the Mobile app is more up to date then the website. All that said I'm not sure if Camp Dolphin is open to non-Swan Dolphin guests or not.

The Swan Dolphin Mobile App confirms it appears to be open, but when trying to book its unavailable. Using the Mobile App I'd click on the "I'm on Property" then click on "Text Us!" and check to see if it is actually open or not. Generally the Mobile app is more up to date then the website. All that said I'm not sure if Camp Dolphin is open to non-Swan Dolphin guests or not.
Shoot, you might be right. It seems it is only for dolphin swan guests

The Swan/Dolphin App also says:

You must remain at the E.P.CO.T. Resort Area: (E.P.C.O.T., Hollywood Studios, Swan and Dolphin and Reserve Resorts, and Boardwalk) to use this activity. If you are leaving the property you will be required to pick up your child. “

Plan 6-7 hours with transportation if using Disney transportation.

If you're using a car, your server will ask after almost 3 hours if you'll need a parking voucher and will deliver it to the valet desk so your car won't be towed. You could also pay for valet parking with no time concern. That would be an elegant arrival. Tipping a few dollars when you retrieve your car is customary.

Dinner at V&A's can easily take 4-5 hours if you're doing Queen Victoria's Room (10 courses) and 3-4 in the main dining room.

It is a fabulous experience. Enjoy!

Incidentally, tell your wife she needn't wear semi-formal or formal wear unless she wishes.

Dressy daytime wear will be fine. I've worn a Brooks Brothers pantsuit with silk blouse and observed other women similarly dressed.

Go all out if you'd rather. DH wears a 3-piece suit, white shirt and black bowtie with a fedora. They bring you a small padded stool for hat or handbag which is really convenient.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter