• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you compare Rip Ride Rocket for me?

stocker1042

Internet message boards have changed the world.
I'm a newly converted coaster guy...but I have to work my way up. 3 years ago I didn't do a single coaster. Now, I have hit every ride at Disney and a few at Universal. I have done the Mummy and HP, and I'd like to try Rip Ride Rocket.

If I have done all of those...how does RRR compare? It seems faster, but queezy wise...how does it rate on the intensity scale?

Any advice or analysis appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't find it intense at all. The vertical lift seems to freak some people out but if you just look straight ahead, you can't tell how high up you are.

The only problem I have with it, is that there are some incredibly rough cars that give me a terrible headache and ruin the rest of my day.

I think the coaster itself it pretty tame, it's the straight up lift that bother's me. The lift goes quickly, so I can't get myself too worked up. I do not think it's any more intense that the Mummy and RRR does not have any places where they shoot you forward (like Hulk, RnRC or the Mummy)

I'll never do it again and I did the Mummy about 5x and loved it. I'd do Hulk again before doing it again.

It's the restraints for me. I kept worrying about falling out or having it pop open. I was mostly worried that DD would go flying out since she's 80-odd pounds soaking wet. It's a snug fit but the restraint failing was my worry and that usually is never a worry for me.

I love all the Disney coasters :)

I say this....

Its not anywhere as intense as the Hulk. So if you can do Hulk this is a piece of cake. RR is simple different in all aspects of the ride. Its a continuous moving platform as you board the cars. And as stated early, the ride restraints different. They don't go over the shoulder like the Hulk. The restraints on RR go across your lap.

I was never worried about the restraints coming loose or anything. The restraint itself is big and bulky. The lift-up is different too. You'll be completely on your back. It goes fairly quick so I didn't have much time to think about it but... it is a weird feeling.

Other than those things the ride is very smooth and fun. Parts of the coaster can get rough but its nothing like Space Mountain in that respect.

You can do it. :thumbsup2

I would never do the hulk but a girl working RRR convinced me to try it last year and I liked although I was petrified of the initial ascent. I think it more intense than Disney coasters and mummy but no where near hulk! My 7 yr old daughter rode it over and over and she was maybe 60lbs at most!

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna give it a whirl..the straight up part does not bother me too much...I'm more apprehensive about the intensity of the loops...which I know, really aren't loops, but hey...they're close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter