can you charge to your room key at Loews hotels like @ WDW resorts?

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
Trying to avoid letting our cc # out any more than necessary and remember a thread about a gift shop employee @ US "stealing" someone's #....can you get a credit limit to your room key when you check in and then use the room key as your CC at parks, shops, restaurants etc.? Maybe old-fashioned travelers checks are still the safest way to go.....TIA!

Just discovered something called 'RESORT ID CARD" does this basically mean the same thing? Sending all charges to your room? Can you do this at Citywalk too?

you can do it but I would not reccomend it especially if you are staying at the HRH. They will continue to charge things to you credit card after you bill is finallized and they will keep charing it to the bill until the credit company give up and gives into them. The CC explained it to my sister this way "when you sign that you are putting charging privileges on your room you open yourself up to an open line on your credit card with the hotel.

Hi Sha_lyn,

I just wanted to get clarification. Did your sister's credit card get charged for purchases she didn't make or did some charges just not clear before she checked out? I certainly don't want them charging items & services I haven't authorized. I can't imagine a request for charging privileges giving blanket authorization for any and all charges. I guess I'll just get clarification before I ask for charging privileges. I just think it's easier to charge to the room since you get such a nice record of your trip expenditures.

Thanks,
Carolyn

I was given 2 free nights by the excutive office becasue of a problem my DH and I had on our vacation. Origionally it was 1 but when I called to book the date I was given 2 free nights because of all the problems we had. It was confirred several times via phone and at check in. We again had problems. We were finally transferred to a room wiht a working lock at 1:30 am and were told we would receive another night free. At check out that was confirred on our final bill. We were not charge for any of hte nights but we were charged for our roll away and other room charges along with everything but our last meal. 2 CC statements later my sister gets a bill for 2 nights(at a price 15 higher than what I had booked the one night at). She sent a copy of the final bill to the CC and they agreed to remove the charges. The manager at the HRH lied and told the CC that we were told at chack out that they were reviewing the situation and that we might be charged for 1 or 2 of the nights. the CC told DSis that by signing at check in that her card could be charged that it opened the card up to charges that could not be contested as long as the hotel gave reason for the charges that we could not offer proof against.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter