Can we go in the pool?... Not Today; Our 8 days on the surface of the sun! Almost Done 4/10!

Happy Holidays to everybody! I hope many of you have some time off to spend with family and watch the crazy crowds at WDW these next few days.

Moving on with our tour, we finished up at Micky and Minnies and we're off to Andy's Backyard. We jumped on Slinky Dog Dash at 3:00. Since we left MK all of the rides we went on were by accessed by the FP line. I asked our guide Stephen about this and he explained that the managers who were in charge of the rides made the final decision on how tours went through the line. Basically most of them don't want to allow 10 people to jump the line because it would mess up the flow of how many people they get on an hour. He also said at Universal the tours go in through the exits for every ride.

Either way Slinky Dog was a blast!

IMG_6726.jpeg

I rode by my lonesome back there. Next up was Toy Story Mania, at about 3:30. I did not manage to get a seat with Stephen for this one either, but if we ever take a tour again I will. He explained to us after we got off how to get super high scores by unlocking special targets.

IMG_6737.jpeg

From there we made our way to Galaxies Edge to finish off the tour. Some Storm Troopers were out....

IMG_8060.jpeg

Then we jumped in the FP line for Smugglers Run, this time I did manage to secure myself in the same cabin as Stephen. He helped Deb fly, M was a gunner with D and I was the engineer. Our score was pretty high, because Stephen knew how to fly. D wanted to play some games with Chewy, but he was no where to be found.

IMG_8061.jpeg

IMG_8062.jpeg

The time for our tour was wrapping up just as we got over to Rise of the Resistance. We had time for one group photo,

IMG_6743.jpeg

Then we were on our way onto our last ride. Stephen declined to ride with us which was a bummer. Once he let us in we were in a short line, then walked straight through some door and ended up here....

IMG_6748.jpeg

I thought that was odd and explained to my sister that we missed like the whole first half of the ride, but we quickly were shuffled through to our cells and off we went.

IMG_6751.jpeg

IMG_6753.jpeg

After landing and joining the resistance I asked one of the Cast Members what happened to the first half of the ride, apparently it was down for the rest of the day. Oh well, We were planning on coming back to HS in the morning, so hopefully it would be running then.

So there was our tour, a very successful day. 7 hours and 15 rides at 3 parks, a pretty good count.

IMG_6760.jpeg

Come on back to see how we finished off the rest of the day!

As usual, welcome back to anybody still following along! It's a balmy 1 degree outside in VT this morning, following yesterday where it got up to a whole -5 outside. Nothing more inspiring for remembering a hot August trip to Florida.

Following the tour we had one thing on our mind and that was food. We only snacked and had water as we made our way around to all of the rides. I didn't specifically write it down but Stephen got us water bottles at least 3 or 4 times during the tour. It was hot and humid and we were booking it around.

We decided our best option was to make our way over to EPCOT and hit up the booths from Flower and Garden. Since we had walked all day it was time for a nice relaxing boat ride, which also takes forever. We got over to EPCOT around 6:30 and couldn't decide which way to go. Deb wanted some food from over in Greece, but of course the kids just wanted Chicken Fingers. So, we headed off in 2 different directions. I went left and Deb went right.

I ended up going through Canada with the kids to find some booths with Chicken Fingers, and I got myself some Poutine. On the way it looks like D decided that he'd love some Fish and Chips from England so he ended up with that.

IMG_6766.jpeg

IMG_8064.jpeg

The poutine was really good and you can see in the background that M was working on chicken fingers and fries. I grabbed a bowl of some sort of Ramen from a booth as well, I didn't take a picture though..... it was pretty bland, don't think I ate it all.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the park Deb got some crazy coffee drink and whatever that was below it. Details in my notes at this point are seriously lacking.

IMG_6768.jpeg

IMG_6783.jpeg

We met back over in Germany where it was time for everybody's favorite Oktoberfest, Grapefruit beer, and a gigantic pretzel (Not shown Oktoberfest)!

IMG_6772.jpeg

M especially loved the pretzel!

IMG_6774.jpeg

D on the other hand loved the trains! Every time we pass by we spend at least 10 minutes watching these make their laps.

IMG_8066.jpeg

With dinner taken care of and the night ahead of us we decided to split up again. D wanted to go back to the arcade and Deb wanted to stay with her friends for EPCOT fireworks. Auntie and M decided to stay at the park as well. So D and I headed out to hit up the arcade. We stopped and rode Spaceship Earth on the way out because we could walk right on. We grabbed a bus, and we were back at WL in no time.

Then it was arcade time to finish off the money left over on the card.

IMG_8073.jpeg

Then it was time for some Mickey Bars and we waited for Deb to get back with M and Auntie.

At EPCOT Fireworks were enjoyed by all!

IMG_6786.jpeg

They returned as we were finishing up our Mickey Bars, so there was time for one last picture of a messy face.

IMG_6817.jpeg

Then it was up to our room and time for bed, and by the way, we carried the umbrellas and ponchos with us all day........ it never rained.....

Chapter 5
Is Rise of the Resistance Working..... Not Today

Welcome back, as I get a long over due post up. This was our last full day at Disney and I've got a lot of pictures and not a lot of notes so it'll be an adventure.

I do have written that we slept in a bit and were up at 8:30. That also means that the kids and I slept in because Deb woke up to get our Boarding Group for ROTR. Unlike yesterday morning it was a gorgeous day, perfect for a coffee drink!

IMG_6828.jpeg

I don't remember which Boarding Group we got, but we weren't going to have to be in line until noon or so. We had our normal breakfast and were on the bus at 10:25.

IMG_6830.jpeg

They were ready to go! We had an 11:00 ADR at Oga's so we left ourselves plenty of time to get there and get back to Galaxies Edge. We arrived at HS at about 10:40 and walked right into the park.

IMG_6831.jpeg

On the way there was a Cavalcade heading through with the Toy Story characters and we stopped to take a look at that.

IMG_6836.jpeg

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

From there it was straight back to Galaxies Edge to check in at Oga's. We had to wait a few minutes after checking in, but not too long. There was a large party next to us that had been waiting quite a while and was frustrated with the staff, but it sounded like they made two ADRs around the same time and wanted to be seated together, which they were trying to accommodate but it made their wait rather long. Seems like a good strategy for a larger party, but sorry, that's not how it works.

We got the run-through of the rules...

IMG_8075.jpeg

I wish I had written down what some of them were, they were all jokes, and pretty funny.

The inside of Oga's is AWESOME! It was my first time in there, and it was well worth the wait. It felt a little early for some drinks, but it was 5 o'clock somewhere right?

IMG_8076.jpeg

IMG_6844.jpeg

We got a standing table in the corner. I think I mentioned earlier in this report that I am always seated next to bussing stations or doors. This was no exception.... we were directly next to the exit.....

IMG_8079.jpeg

More to come from Oga's.

Last edited:
Here are a couple more pictures from around Oga's,

IMG_6845.jpeg

IMG_8077.jpeg

IMG_6865.jpeg

IMG_6861.jpeg

It was a really neat experience! They have little jokes built into your time there, the power goes out and a few other scripted things that were entertaining, plus the music.

Deb ordered:
Jedi Mind Trick; Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose Vodka, John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum, Bols Blue Curaçao, White Grape Juice, Lime Juice, and Grapefruit Bitters

I ordered:
The Outer Rim; Patrón Silver Tequila, Stirrings Pomegranate Liqueur, Lime Juice, Pure Cane Sugar, with Black Salt and Exotic Fruit Purée

Auntie ordered:
A Fuzzy Tauntaun; Cîroc Peach Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Simply® Orange with Tangerine, Pure Cane Sugar, and "Buzz Button Tingling" Foam

The kids got;
Jabba Juice; Simply® Orange with Pineapple, Kiwi, Cantaloupe, and Blueberry Popping Pearls

IMG_6854.jpeg

The drinks were enjoyed by all!

IMG_6859.jpeg

IMG_6860.jpeg

They do keep you on a pretty tight schedule here and make sure if you want a second drink they ask you with plenty of time left before they boot you out.

For round 2 (which we confirmed we could take with us when we left) I ordered:

Jet Juice; Maker's Mark Bourbon, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Stirrings Pomegranate Liqueur, White Grape Juice, and Lemon Juice

IMG_6868.jpeg

And we had another Jedi Mind Trick.

Then it happened; we walked outside and our beautiful day was gone. It was now POURING. We brought all our rain gear with us, but it was in the stroller, which was parked and uncovered.

This wasn't a light rain either it was a full on downpour, so we booked it for some cover. I ran and grabbed the stroller which was soaked through and we found and overhang to stand in.

Apparently there was no room for me.

IMG_6870.jpeg

At least we I got to use the umbrella.....

Come on back to see if ROTR was working today!

Last edited:
Happy Saturday to everybody out there!

Leaving off it was pouring and we were getting ready for ROTR. After missing the first half of the ride yesterday we were excited to get the full experience today. We made our way over and got in line, today we got to load on our transport and learned we were going to join the resistance.

IMG_6879.jpeg

Then into our vehicle!

IMG_8084.jpeg

Auntie thought that the ride made much more sense with the beginning, and the affect is way cooler when you get sucked into the Star Destroyer. We unloaded and took our pictures.

IMG_8086.jpeg

IMG_6884.jpeg

Then they pushed us towards our jail cells and there was a long line, waaaay too long of a line we thought. So we stood there for about 5-10 minutes, got the announcement the ride was not working, and then got the backstage walk through a CM area and out to a less rainy Galaxies Edge. Bummer!

Technically we got on the full ride this trip, just not in the right order.

We couldn't decide what to do next but it was getting a little hungry out and Deb wanted to eat at Docking Bay 7. I was skeptical at first but this ended up being a great choice.

We got an array of things, I had a beef something, some kind of meatball something, and some mac and cheese.

IMG_6886.jpeg

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6888.jpeg

All of the food was really good, we'll go there again for sure. Once we finished up there I decided I want a detonator soda, just because.

IMG_6892.jpeg

Good stuff, then we decided to go over to Toy Story Land, and maybe jump on Slinky Dog, nope not running. Ok jump on TSMM, always a favorite of mine.

IMG_6900.jpeg

I dominated M, again!

IMG_8089.jpeg
Next post I'll let you know what else was closed!

Then they pushed us towards our jail cells and there was a long line, waaaay too long of a line we thought. So we stood there for about 5-10 minutes, got the announcement the ride was not working, and then got the backstage walk through a CM area and out to a less rainy Galaxies Edge. Bummer!
Oh no!!! This is what is wrong with this ride... It is way too fickle!

Oh no!!! This is what is wrong with this ride... It is way too fickle!

Yes, Totally! Our tour guide said a lot of people start their tour in HS so that it is working first thing in the morning. But the problem with that to us is that it takes up the whole first hour of the tour.

Hello to everybody who's still following along, as we move through the what feels like a never ending trip report.

We finished up on TSM and were thinking about what to do. Weather was not great Slinky Dog was not open so we left Andy's Backyard. Mickey and Minnie's was also down so it seemed like time for us to throw in the towel and head out. For those counting that's three headline rides that were not operating, and someone else said that RRC was down too. We decided to head back to Wilderness Lodge and change for dinner, given that the weather was on and off wet all day. It was also raining again which mad it not a pool day. We were back at Wilderness Lodge at about 3:30 and we changed then decided to head to the Grand Floridian for our dinner. We had an ADR for The Grand Floridian Cafe, and we'd be a touch early for it. We decided to boat over (I think) and then take the monorail around the loop.

IMG_6920.jpeg

Here's a look at the inside of the remodeling at the Contemporary.

IMG_8090.jpeg

Then it was off to our final stop at the GF.

IMG_6925.jpeg

Last time we were here they were remodeling the bar, so we poked our head in their for a second. Then explored the lobby until we could check in.

IMG_6927.jpeg

We were seated right away and decided to start with some frozen Drinks.

IMG_6934.jpeg

I had (the one on the left) Key West: A frozen blend of Bacardí Superior Rum, Puréed Strawberries and Orange Juice

I can't figure out what the other 2 are, nothing on the menu looks like it matches their description.

For Dinner Deb had Salmon, Auntie and I had the Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Kids had burgers, all of the food was excellent. Although I'm lacking in pictures......

IMG_6938.jpeg

For dessert the kids both had their favorite WDW dessert Worms and Dirt!

IMG_6939.jpeg

IMG_6942.jpeg

Today's version looks like it featured Gummie Bears instead of worms, but it was delicious none the less.

The rest of us got a Mickey Dome!

IMG_6941.jpeg

It too, was excellent! All in all a great dinner! We finished up a little after 6 and were ready to get on with our evening. It was however, still pouring. No worries, we sat in the lobby for a bit and gave the weather some time to dry up. At about 7 we decided to make a go for it and see what happened. Our plan was to finish off the night at MK and see HEA for the last time. We made our way up to the monorail station to find a stuck monorail.

IMG_8093.jpeg

The Cast Member there told us one of the sensors was tripped, which apparently, happens frequently. So we waited for a bit and then everything started moving again.

Come on back to see how the night finishes off!

Food looks great at the GF cafe!! I am waiting with Heinz 57 like anticipation to see how the night finishes off!!!

Truly enjoying your trip report :)

Food looks great at the GF cafe!! I am waiting with Heinz 57 like anticipation to see how the night finishes off!!!

Truly enjoying your trip report :)

This was our second time there and the food was great both times, it's definitely worth a visit!

Next update coming soon!

Happy Weekend to everybody!

If your with us in the Northeast we are back at the winter weather with the Bomb Cyclone today! As good a time as any to finish off our last night of WDW.

After our brief delay on the Monorail platform they were able to reset the sensor and everything was moving again. In no time we were at MK and the rain was just starting to ease up.

IMG_6951.jpeg

IMG_6952.jpeg

Since we had been here last they had started decorating for Halloween. Just a few decorations, but if memory serves me correctly, the first Halloween party was coming up in just a few days.

IMG_6956.jpeg

IMG_6961.jpeg

By the time we got into the park and walked down Main Street it seemed like a good idea to get a prime spot picked out for HEA. We went right to the middle of the hub and found a spot next to a fence.

Perfect view.....

IMG_8094.jpeg

With over an hour to go the kids wanted to see if there was a ride to jump on while Deb and Auntie stayed in our spot. We looked at some wait times on the app and BTMRR was looking like it was very doable. M, D, and myself made the trek with ponchos on to get in line. It was a much shorter wait than posted so we were on quickly and the rain had completely stopped by the time we rode.

IMG_8096.jpeg

D approved of this ride!

We made our way back to the hub from there, grabbed some Mickey Bars and were ready to see our last ever HEA.

Deb wanted a shot with her Mickey Ears and the Fireworks so my excellent photography skills were at it again.

IMG_8107.jpeg

IMG_8110.jpeg

We'll miss that show, but when we go back in April we'll see the new one and hope we like it just as much.

Once it was over we weren't ready to call it a night and thought we could get on 1 more ride. The choice was made for......

IMG_6980.jpeg

It took us a few minutes to get over there but we made it and were in line. About half way down M decided that she didn't want to ride and started to panic a little. So her and I just turned around and left, D and Deb and Auntie still rode. M asked if we could go in Mine Train, which I thought sounded like a good idea, and we hustled over there. But, when we got there the line was long and a CM told us it would be about 90 min. That would make us miss our last boat to Wilderness Lodge. So after debating we settled on grabbing a snack and heading back.

No big deal, as we walked out I was thankful we were getting a boat and not the ferry or Monorail. It was a total mob scene....

IMG_8112.jpeg

We made it back no problem and Deb and D weren't far behind. Exhausted all 4 of us were right in bed and asleep quickly.

Next up, our last gasp of WDW before our trip went over to Universal!

Welcome Back! It's been a while and I'm still dragging my feet to finish up this trip report, but with another trip starting in about 6 days, I've got to get these last posts up. We've only got our breakfast and our trip over to Universal Studios. After that I'll just put some highlights from our 3 days there to finish up our week.

Chapter 6
Is This the Guy That's Supposed to Pick Us Up...... Not Today
It's was Thursday morning and everybody was pretty tired, so our 7:30am wakeup time was not popular. Woody had a hard time gettin' goin'!

IMG_7008.jpeg

But, we had to get moving for our breakfast, which was all the way over at Riviera. We got everybody moving, got and Uber and made it over-there in plenty of time. In fact we were early enough to grab a coffee in the lobby and enjoy the deck for a few minutes.

IMG_7019.jpeg

This resort is on a list for us of places that we want to stay, we were hoping to stay there this April, but the rates were meh, so maybe next year.

IMG_7022.jpeg

When it was close enough to our ADR we made our way up the elevator to.... Topilinos (not a huge surprise, it's the only breakfast place there). The kids were finally going to "meet" some characters. Plus the reviews we had read about the food looked good. Per usual we had a table right next to the exit for the balcony.

The restaurant was very nice, and the (at this point) the tables were spaced.

IMG_7024.jpeg

The meal started off with a basket of pastries and sauces.....

IMG_7025.jpeg

IMG_7026.jpeg

and we ordered pretty quickly. The characters were just making rounds from table to table. We timed it pretty well (not on purpose) and got to see each character a couple times. They kept their space from the table...

IMG_7028.jpeg

IMG_7033.jpeg

M left her hair in a braid over night so it was nice and curly today.... which she loves! Plus she loves croissants with chocolate.

IMG_7037.jpeg

Then there was Minnie.

IMG_7042.jpeg

Right back with the rest of the meal!

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Next came Donald

IMG_7050.jpeg

You can see they let the kids stand up so they could take a better picture. Then Daisy was next!

IMG_7057.jpeg

IMG_7060.jpeg

The theming for the characters was pretty creative and unique. Looks like we also got another basket of pastries or muffins.

IMG_7065.jpeg

The kids both got the Mickey Waffles meal with bacon, which came on this artist platter thing.

IMG_7080.jpeg

IMG_7082.jpeg

Deb got the Quiche with homefries, and I got the sour-cream waffle.

IMG_7083.jpeg

A good meal was had by all!

IMG_7085.jpeg

IMG_7086.jpeg

IMG_7087.jpeg

Deb thought the quiche was only ok I think, but I loved the waffle. I think we also got a plate of eggs to share for the table.

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter