"Can we come back on all our birthdays?" First Dining Report! *Updated 6/2*

jcmaro

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!! I've followed along on here for a few years but I've never done a dining report so I decided to attempt one, if I could remember to take pictures! :rotfl: And I have to say I did remember about 90% of the time! Yay! I'm going to apologize now because while this will be mostly dining I will slip in a few other pictures since I'm not doing a trip report. So here we go!

Let's start with a few introductions!

Me - A stay at home, homeschooling, girls group volunteer running, Scentsy selling, Disney crazy mom.

DH - A work from home, kid's chauffer, put up with my Disney obsession, but secretly enjoys it too, dad.

DS - J - an 8-year-old, 2nd grader, Star Wars loving, swimming, tell you how everything works, boy.

DD - R - a 6-year-old, Kindergartener, princess/fairy loving, artist/designer, gymnast, swimming, in her own little world, girl.

DD - N - a just turned 4-year-old, Preschooler, spitfire, princess loving, gymnast, sweet as can be, girl.

Ok, so now that you know who is who let me tell you a little about this trip. The last time we went as a family was December 2012. It was the 5 of us and my mom. It was N's first trip and to put it nicely we were in the middle of the terrible two's. Add in that I started the trip with bronchitis, that I never got over and was really sick by Christmas, and a wonderful little stomach virus that hit me mid trip...well let's just say we needed a bit of a do over.

DH and I went back in October 2013 for a long weekend to the Food and Wine Festival for the first time. Which was awesome! Loved the food and would love to go back. But I knew I couldn't wait another year to bring the kids back, and we hadn't been in the spring since 2009, so we settled on the spring. With trying to avoid spring breaks and Easter we settled on the end of April/beginning of May, specifically April 24th-May 3rd but extended to the 4th when we heard about the Star Wars meals! With N's 4th birthday hitting during the trip I knew it would be a great time!

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside from April 24-May 2 and spent our last night, May 3 at Yacht Club. We were on the regular dining plan during most of the trip with our last meal on May 4 being out of pocket. We did travel offsite one day to go to Legoland, but we don't have any pictures of food since we didn't eat there because it was soooooo hot that day!

All meals were planned by me as we kept the trip a secret up until Easter, and then we left 3 days later! I hope you enjoy my report! I'm going to leave you with this picture of one of my favorite moments from the trip!

April 24th - On the Road - Brunch - Cracker Barrel
- Dinner - POR - Riverside Mill

April 25th - Snack - MK - Main Street Bakery
- Lunch - MK - Liberty Tree Tavern
- Dinner - MK - Casey's Corner

April 26th - Breakfast - HS - Hollywood & Vine
- Snack - HS -
- Dinner - DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express

April 27th - Breakfast - Epcot - Akershus
- Snack - Sunshine Seasons
- Lunch - POR - Riverside Mill
- Dinner - Epcot - Teppan Edo

April 28th - Breakfast - POR - Riverside Mill
- Dinner - Steak 'n Shake

April 29th - Breakfast - AK - Tusker House
- Snack - AK -
- Lunch - AK - Restaurantsaurus
- Snack - AK -
- Dinner - POFQ -

April 30th - Breakfast - HS - Fairfax Fare
- Lunch - HS - 50s Prime Time
- Dinner - Contemporary - Contempo Café

May 1st - Breakfast - MK - Cinderella's Royal Table
- Snack - MK -
- Dinner - Be Our Guest

May 2nd - Breakfast - POR - Riverside Mill
- Lunch - POR - Riverside Mill
- Dinner - AoA - Landscape of Flavors

May 3rd - Breakfast - POR - Riverside Mill
- Snacks - Epcot - F&G Booths
- Dinner - HS - Studio Catering Co.

May 4th - Breakfast - HS - Sci Fi Dine-In

Sounds great!

I can't wait to read all your reviews and the photo of your kids holding hands is very cute :goodvibes

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and I love your dining lineup. Signing on! :thumbsup2

P.S. - LOVE the picture of the kids, so cute!

Joining in ... Hi hi : )

Welcome!! :wave2:

Sounds great!

I can't wait to read all your reviews and the photo of your kids holding hands is very cute :goodvibes

Welcome! :wave2: Thanks! It was one of those rare moments that I'm so glad I captured!

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and I love your dining lineup. Signing on! :thumbsup2

P.S. - LOVE the picture of the kids, so cute!

Welcome! :wave2: We did have a great trip! And thanks for the comments on my kids!

Welcome! :wave2:

Looking forward to your reviews.

Welcome! :wave2:

Ok! Let's get started!!

We started our trip from Virginia late on Wednesday, April 23rd. My girl's group meets on Wednesday nights and I didn't want to miss two weeks in a row so we finally hit the road at 9:30, and 15 minutes after getting on the interstate I remembered my daughter's costume. :sad2: After returning home and leaving again, we finally get to my parent's house (near the VA/NC line) around 11:30. After a few hours sleep we hit the road at 5am for the long, long drive.

Food wise the kids snacked on some cereal bars, granola bars, and crackers in the car while DH and I ate some very nutritious food from the vending machine at a rest area! :lmao: Around 11:30 we stopped for brunch at Cracker Barrel. I only have one picture from there, and it's not of the food. R started eating her favorite lunch, chicken and dumplings, and suddenly she started crying and freaking out. Long story short, including a grossed out mom and a trip to the bathroom with dad, she returned to the table carrying her top tooth that had been loose for the last 4 months!

Needless to say, lunch took forever! And by the time I was able to eat my food was cold but still good, especially since I was starving!

After many, many, many more hours in the car with several more stops we finally arrived at Disney World and checked in our hotel, Port Orleans Riverside! We had never stayed here but loved it so much we will definitely stay here again! After checking into our room, unpacking and organizing (I'm a little OCD with certain things), we finally grabbed some dinner at the Riverside Mill around 8:30.

We got a few things to share, which you will notice is the trend with us. Tonight we got -

Chicken nuggets and fries - J thought they were great and ate up the nuggets. N ate a lot of the fries!

Chicken sandwich and fries - DH got this and I have no clue what was on it, or whether he liked it. :confused3

Apples and caramel - R ate the next day and loved it!

Grapes - They never got ate.

Chocolate milk/Vitamin water - Saved for the room.

Create your own pasta - Penne, chicken, alfredo. The girls and I shared this and we still didn't eat it all. The bread stick was ok. R ate most of it. The pasta was ok. I was expecting to love this since I've heard such good things about it. I felt like the pasta was overcooked and I'm really picky about chicken and I didn't really like the quality of it. I would try it again in the future but do it a little different.

Chocolate brownie - Shared by me and the kids. It was yummy!

Here's a few pics of my crazy kids with their resort mugs! As you can see they were a little silly tired!

That's all for now! Up next... Main Street Bakery snacks!

I'm in...and looking forward to your report.

Super cute kids!

I work at a school and the kids always want to show me their loose teeth. And I always explain that I just can't look at them!

One of my kid actually swallowed his tooth in a similar vacation restaurant situation, LOL. I didn't mind, I didn't have to deal with it. ;).

Friday, April 25th - Magic Kingdom, Main Street Bakery

After planning on taking a relaxed approach to our first morning that quickly changed when we arrived at the Magic Kingdom! :lmao: We did take a couple of minutes to grab a snack at the Main Street Bakery.

The kids each enjoyed a cake pop. Chocolate for J and the girls both got the Birthday Cake one. They were quickly devoured and I'm sure you can tell by the look on their faces how much they enjoyed them! :rotfl:

DH and I shared a venti Double Chocolaty Chip Frap. Yum!

And we each got my favorite, the Iced Lemon Loaf. OMG, it was the best one I've ever had. It was so fresh and fluffy! Loved it!

It was just a quick little stop and snack but we all left satisfied and happy! Up next...Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch!

One of my kid actually swallowed his tooth in a similar vacation restaurant situation, LOL. I didn't mind, I didn't have to deal with it. ;).

My son swallowed one of his teeth as well. He drew the tooth fairy a picture since he didn't have a tooth to put under his pillow!

Hi Friend!

I was excited to see a new dining report and then even more excited to see it was you! I look forward to your review :)

The kids are so cute in the photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter