Can listings be listed on multiple sites?

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
I’ve found ten sites with dvc listings. At these ten, I’ve counted (yes, I’m fastidious 😂)..if I add them all up, it’s over 2400 listings. Are these all individual or listed at multiple sites?

That is correct. Some require exclusive listings and others do not. When I was looking to sell a contract, I had the same one listed with 3 different brokers. If one broker makes a sell and you fail to notify the other brokers, you may be liable if they receive a full price offer for the profit they would have made on a sale. Point is, if you list with multiple brokers, as soon as you accept an offer, notify other brokers. We ended up keeping our contract because it is our largest and is exempt from the new resale restrictions implemented this year.

Yes - the contract we bought was listed on 4 different sites - all at different prices. So we put an offer on the lowest one (which fortunately happened to be with our favourite company). The sellers countered with a price higher than their original listing, LOL. The agent said it was listed in so many places the owners couldn’t keep track of what price they had put on it where.

Luckily after so back and forth we came to an agreement. I did notice it took a while for the listing to come down from the other sites, well after we had gone to ROFR.

This helps, in tracking fluidity of listings, I wondered how to determine an accurate idea of just how many ‘new’ listings there were. I think we’ve narrowed our choices down to two- so we are trying to buy 100 at each and trying to get the same use year. I thought it might be easier to do that if I’m able to see a sudden rise in listings. I know we’d have two closing costs- are there anY advantages to trying to find both listings from a single broker, other than simplified communication? Or would you prefer to buy 200 at one resort? We just thought if our kids did want to have us put a deed in their name- having two contracts would be easier?

....(snip)........We just thought if our kids did want to have us put a deed in their name- having two contracts would be easier?
Remember that if you re-title the contacts such that they do not end up with the exact same titles, you will end up with two separate memberships and all of the disadvantages (and possible advantages) of that arrangement. Might defeat the purpose of getting the same use year for the two 100 point contracts.

Remember that if you re-title the contacts such that they do not end up with the exact same titles, you will end up with two separate memberships and all of the disadvantages (and possible advantages) of that arrangement. Might defeat the purpose of getting the same use year for the two 100 point contracts.

Did not know that 😂 so, once we buy 200 pts- it can’t be split down the road- however that contract was designated at initial purchase stays at those points- right? Another reason we’d like two 100 point contracts is for flexibility- if we decide 200 is too much- we could always just sell one- without having to buy another? I think that’s another thing I should google 😂

Btw if you list a contract how long are you obligated to keep the listing up if it doesn’t sell?

Btw if you list a contract how long are you obligated to keep the listing up if it doesn’t sell?

The three companies I listed with did not have any time requirement. Had the contract listed for about a month and pulled it off all three. Just have conversations with each company about their different requirements and read anything you sign carefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter