Can I wear this to Palo?

Now that the OP has her answer. Out if curiosity, on the website of DCL it says 'this is the dress code for men, this is the dress code for women', has anyone here knowledge/experience how inclusive Palo is? What would happen if a man showed up in a dress? It is not the norm, I know, but it is also getting less rare to see a man in a dress or skirt.

High schools and employers have been moving to gender neutral dress codes. It's pretty simple to just specify something like "Dresses, suits, sport jackets, and pant suits are appropriate" instead of "Suit or sport jacket for Men and "Dresses and pant suits for women".

Now that the OP has her answer. Out if curiosity, on the website of DCL it says 'this is the dress code for men, this is the dress code for women', has anyone here knowledge/experience how inclusive Palo is? What would happen if a man showed up in a dress? It is not the norm, I know, but it is also getting less rare to see a man in a dress or skirt.
If I remember correctly on my last cruise I saw a few men in dress kilts with jackets (which I am still trying to convince my husband to wear — maybe next cruise)

High schools and employers have been moving to gender neutral dress codes. It's pretty simple to just specify something like "Dresses, suits, sport jackets, and pant suits are appropriate" instead of "Suit or sport jacket for Men and "Dresses and pant suits for women".
On this note, as long as it is appropriate to the venue and the person wearing the outfit feels good in it I am all for it. I despise gender normed anything

Different question, connected to the first so I thought I would try posting it here. I know there is a rule against wearing shorts... but I like to wear shorts under any dress except maxis just in case. I'm assuming that won't be an issue?

I like wearing dresses, but not wearing shorts hidden underneath just leaves me feeling really exposed.

Different question, connected to the first so I thought I would try posting it here. I know there is a rule against wearing shorts... but I like to wear shorts under any dress except maxis just in case. I'm assuming that won't be an issue?

I like wearing dresses, but not wearing shorts hidden underneath just leaves me feeling really exposed.

If they are hidden underneath they are (1) effectively undergarments not shorts; and (2) none of anyone else's business.

Plus how would anyone know you're wearing them ? The dress is the outer, visible, layer and satisfies the dress code.

Personally, I find the ship can be rather cool indoors, especially in the dining rooms, so if I wear a dress I usually wear leggings underneath it - solves the feeling exposed issue, provides warmth, and avoids nylons, all in one. My preference is Tees by Tina leggings, which I find quite comfortable and well-suited for the purpose (https://teesbytina.com/collections/tees-by-tina-leggings).

SW

Thank you, for the reassurance, but I'm more of a torrid girl. :) I think a pair of those leggins might fit one of my legs. ;)

If they are hidden underneath they are (1) effectively undergarments not shorts; and (2) none of anyone else's business.

Plus how would anyone know you're wearing them ? The dress is the outer, visible, layer and satisfies the dress code.

Personally, I find the ship can be rather cool indoors, especially in the dining rooms, so if I wear a dress I usually wear leggings underneath it - solves the feeling exposed issue, provides warmth, and avoids nylons, all in one. My preference is Tees by Tina leggings, which I find quite comfortable and well-suited for the purpose (https://teesbytina.com/collections/tees-by-tina-leggings).

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter