Can i take universal shuttle if not a guest?

One of the amazing benefits of staying at one of our resort hotels is leaving your travel worries behind and hopping on a water taxi, shuttle bus, or taking a short walk over to one of our three spectacular theme parks.
I have a feeling you could find info about using transportation simply while visiting the parks. Having as "one of the benefits" doesn't mean it is ONLY for those at the hotels. People are allowed to roam freely once on property, even though it impacts guests of the hotels.

As I keep saying I do hope no one uses any form of Disney transport if not staying onsite. I won’t be jumping on the monorail to go over to the poly for lunch now. As I guess that’s theft to
Disney is very clear that transportation is for all, FWIW. Given that Uni doesn't card people, when they could, tells me that they know that a small percentage of people will choose to walk in the morning and evening heat to use those buses. Disneyland is the same way. For me, walking to one of Disneyland's lots just to get on a bus is MORE of a pain than just walking, so I don't do it. And there are plenty of others who are walking the same sidewalks as I am.

The big difference is that Disney World is a whole location unto itself and there really isn't a reasonably priced alternative means to taking the Disney Bus or Skyliner to get from point A to point B because it's just a vast expanse of land. It's a monopoly system where you have to take Disney transport.

With Surfside/Dockside, as I have stated in the other thread it's a 15 min walk from Surfside to the CityWalk bus terminal. The public LYNX 38 bus (in front of the Surfside parking deck and down Idrive) and 37 Bus (from the Four Points Tower) also goes to the CityWalk Bus Terminal and that only costs $4.50 for a day pass and $16 for a week pass.
But is there a pedestrian bridge over the busy road that I think you have to cross? I can’t convince my crew to stay that far away, but maybe if I went solo….I’m going to have to look at a map later. ( I was referring to Surfside/Dockside)

At Disney in order to access the monorail you would have paid to park at the hotel or at the park. There are not offsite hotels in walking distance. Your payment for parking allowed the use of the transportation.
I would have paid for a universal ticket to. And no doubt spent all day in the park. before hiding away on a bus at 3pm like the crew on falcon in starwars. Just being differential could i not go to downtown get a bus to pop and "steal" the skyliner?

Last time we stayed on property at CB, we were given wristbads (Different color each day). I can't remember if they were to let staff know we were resort hotels, so we can use the shuttles, or to prove we had had our temperatures checked, and didn't show any Covid symptoms. Anyone know if they are still giving out wristbands at the resorts?

Wristbands were for temperature checks.
They are also used in City walk to let people know you've already been carded for Alcohol.

They dont check id for the buses. I could care less if people used the bus at a hotel i stayed at, I would maybe care more about the water taxi. But Universal Bus Service is very good, and I'd rather they have more people using it than less so it stays staffed at the level to keep it good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter