Can I still get 5% off Disney Gift Cards at Target?

I called and they told me they couldn't do it. She said "you can use multiple gift cards at the gate". I have wondered if you can use gift cards to buy one large gift card at the Disney Store as well.

Darn, that'd be too convenient wouldn't it? Don't have a clue about the Disney Store. I'll ask next time I'm around one though.

Well I called the Disney Store and they said they cannot use gift cards to buy gift cards, so I guess I'll be carrying a whole bunch of cards to Disney! But it's worth it to save $100!

Well I called the Disney Store and they said they cannot use gift cards to buy gift cards, so I guess I'll be carrying a whole bunch of cards to Disney! But it's worth it to save $100!

you can use as many GCs as you need to pay for tickets at the gate. And it doesn't take very long. We paid $2200 in $50 GCs for ours. The CM was surprised (and had to check to see if it was ok) but didn't seem annoyed. She had to have another CM pull receipts though as it prints 2 for every GC plus then a super long receipt that was my copy.

Does anyone know if you can use these gift cards to buy one big gift card at the Disney Store?

I would love to save the 5% to pay for our dining plan, but I'm not too fond of the idea of carrying around 30 giftcards!

Why can't you just make a call one night and pay for everything over the phone with your cards? They will take them one by one, and then you don't have to take any cards with you when you check in. Once it's paid, it's paid.

Why can't you just make a call one night and pay for everything over the phone with your cards? They will take them one by one, and then you don't have to take any cards with you when you check in. Once it's paid, it's paid.
I'm not the poster above however in my situation this would not have worked to pay for dining out of pocket since you can't create a "credit" balance when you pay over the phone with gift cards. Basically you can only pay your package off and no more so therefore I brought the gift cards to apply to my KTTW charges which was basically dining and a few souvenirs. ;)

Great thought though :)

Heather

So let me clarify this. I can go to Target, use my Target Visa and buy Disney Gift Cards to save 5%. THEN I can call in and apply the gift card to my trip due balance, correct? Is there any way that I can pay online with the Disney gift card?

I was talking to DH about this and he was like, 'Are you sure, 100% positive that you can go and buy $2500 in gift cards to pay off our trip and we won't be stuck with $2500 in Disney gift cards?' So please clarify for me, or else I could be in big trouble ;-)

So let me clarify this. I can go to Target, use my Target Visa and buy Disney Gift Cards to save 5%. THEN I can call in and apply the gift card to my trip due balance, correct? Is there any way that I can pay online with the Disney gift card?

I was talking to DH about this and he was like, 'Are you sure, 100% positive that you can go and buy $2500 in gift cards to pay off our trip and we won't be stuck with $2500 in Disney gift cards?' So please clarify for me, or else I could be in big trouble ;-)

you can pay online as long as it is over $20 each payment. You should be able to verify this yourself by logging into your Disney acct and going to the make a payment section and verifying that GCs are an option listed.

I'm editing this page...Please disregard the questions below...I misunderstood several things!
Please clarify further...can 'any' balance on Disney Credit Card be paid with a Disney Gift card?...online?
Are there any restrictions about using a Gift Card to pay Credit Card balances? Do you have experience doing this?

Please clarify further...can 'any' balance on Disney Credit Card be paid with a Disney Gift card?...online?
Are there any restrictions about using a Gift Card to pay Credit Card balances? Do you have experience doing this?

What do you mean by "credit card balance"? If you owe a balance on your trip you can pay it with your credit card or a Disney gift card.

Are you saying you've already paid the trip off with your credit card? If you are showing a balance on your trip on the Disney website, you can use a gift card to pay it. I just bought $500 worth of gift cards at Target today for $475 and am currently using them to pay off my trip balance. (I have previously made payments on both my personal Visa and other gift cards.)

OK...I jumped the gun, I see the difference now! I CANNOT use a gift card to PAY-OFF an OLD trip balance on my credit card. Thanks anyway!
I understand that 'if' I have a 'new' trip booked then gift cards can go toward it before it hits the credit card in full.

I checked my credit card and it says current balances cannot be paid w/ debit or credit cards.....that's what I thot at first and I should of researched it before I asked the question....sorry:blush:

You get the 5% on any of the gift cards that are not Target branded. I work at Target and get my 10% discount and the 5% for using the Target debit card. It is a great money saver.

My goodness, I was under the impression that all gift cards were excluded, not just Target branded. 15% Disney gift cards here I come, I just hope we have some at the store I work at.

I had thought before I had gotten %5 off at Starbucks when using my TargetDebit card, but I tried buying a gift card the other day from the Starbucks inside my Target and it didn't work :(

I'm just planning on picking up a few disney gift cards every week and paying off my trip that way

Hi all--does anyone know if the gift cards are available at all Targets or just in certain areas/states? I live in California and have never seen Disney cards in Target. I went looking for them today and did not see any...only things like iTunes, Facebook, stuff like that. Maybe the California Targets don't offer them??

Hi all--does anyone know if the gift cards are available at all Targets or just in certain areas/states? I live in California and have never seen Disney cards in Target. I went looking for them today and did not see any...only things like iTunes, Facebook, stuff like that. Maybe the California Targets don't offer them??

Look in the electronics dept. That's where the rack of all gift cards is located.

Michelle

Thank you OP! I opened a card today and was able to save some moola on our upcoming trip. Using the gift cards to pay off the ressie by telephone works like a charm!

Silly question....what else can we use these Disney gift cards for? Park food? Disney stores? We're staying off site but I'm thinking it would be worthwhile to pick up a few if we can use them to buy food and souvies!

TIA!

Just FYI - I found them at mine BEHIND something else. Luckily my little guy spotted Mickey's ears for me or I was going to give up that day!

(But they were in the same area - in the electronics dept (by the books at mine) with iTunes, Facebook and a bunch of restaurants).

ETA: I had to call to pay off my package. It looks like you are able to use Disney GC's on the website, but it wouldn't work for me. I think maybe you can do it through their automated phone system even (though, if I'm going to talk to any service person on the phone, I like it to be Disney).

Just FYI - I found them at mine BEHIND something else. Luckily my little guy spotted Mickey's ears for me or I was going to give up that day!

(But they were in the same area - in the electronics dept (by the books at mine) with iTunes, Facebook and a bunch of restaurants).

ETA: I had to call to pay off my package. It looks like you are able to use Disney GC's on the website, but it wouldn't work for me. I think maybe you can do it through their automated phone system even (though, if I'm going to talk to any service person on the phone, I like it to be Disney).

Sometimes the gift cards work on the website, and sometimes I get weird errors. I called and talked to a person and she was more than happy to process all ten of them for me.

Silly question....what else can we use these Disney gift cards for? Park food? Disney stores? We're staying off site but I'm thinking it would be worthwhile to pick up a few if we can use them to buy food and souvies!

TIA!

Anything. I paid for my park tickets. I have used them in the past to pay my hotel/KTTW and to load up a balance on my account. In gift shops. In restaurants.

FYI at the gate this trip I had disney gift cards (a ton of them), a Visa gift card, a Disney rewards card and was going to use my Chase Disney Visa to pay the balance (was $15). The CM told me she could only accept 3 forms of payment on the bill, so I had to keep my Visa gift card and put $65 on my Chase Disney Visa (to get it to 3, instead of 4 forms) - but no problem because i ended up spending it anyway on food. ;)

So if you are going to do this just make sure you keep the "forms" of payment to 3 or less. She did run about 20 cards all together and told me no big deal, they do it all the time and have competitions amongst themselves to see who accepts the most gift cards. :lmao: This was at DHS on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter