Can I still get 5% off Disney Gift Cards at Target?

Fjobe

DIS Veteran
I read a thread before Christmas that I could use a Target Debit Card to purchase Disney Gift Cards at 5% off. I went ahead and signed up for the Debit card at that time. Does anyone know if they still give 5% off on Disney gift cards, or did that have something to do with the type of giftcards they had at that time? We are getting ready to pay off a Disney Cruise and Vacation, so this could save us tremendously!

My mom bought us gift cards with her Target CC earlier this month and got the 5% off.

I read a thread before Christmas that I could use a Target Debit Card to purchase Disney Gift Cards at 5% off. I went ahead and signed up for the Debit card at that time. Does anyone know if they still give 5% off on Disney gift cards, or did that have something to do with the type of giftcards they had at that time? We are getting ready to pay off a Disney Cruise and Vacation, so this could save us tremendously!

I applied tonight for the debit card and was told it applies to everything BUT gift cards.

ETA, here are the offical rules, the way it's worded it could just be target gift cards. https://redcard.target.com/redcard/rcw_reward_disclosures_print.jsp

You get the 5% on any of the gift cards that are not Target branded. I work at Target and get my 10% discount and the 5% for using the Target debit card. It is a great money saver.

This is awesome! Never knew it. Know where I'll be buying my gcs. I knew the Target card as a good thing!

What increments are the cards sold in? It doesn't appear like I can use the gift card to purchase tickets via their website (um hello Disney, isn't it 2012?) so can I use multiple gift cards at the gate to buy tickets? Thanks!

My local Target has them in $25 and $50. And yes, you can use multiple gift cards at the gate (plus a Visa gift card... Disney rewards card... etc.) I'm sure they hate to see me coming. ;)

My local Target has them in $25 and $50. And yes, you can use multiple gift cards at the gate (plus a Visa gift card... Disney rewards card... etc.) I'm sure they hate to see me coming. ;)

My local Target only has $50s. I wish they had $25s. :confused:

Michelle

Does anyone know if you can use these gift cards to buy one big gift card at the Disney Store?

I would love to save the 5% to pay for our dining plan, but I'm not too fond of the idea of carrying around 30 giftcards!

Someone has mentioned before that you can call the number on the back and they'll put all the gift cards onto just one for you. I've never tried it myself, but it wouldn't hurt to make a phone call and ask. :goodvibes

Someone has mentioned before that you can call the number on the back and they'll put all the gift cards onto just one for you. I've never tried it myself, but it wouldn't hurt to make a phone call and ask. :goodvibes

I called and they told me they couldn't do it. She said "you can use multiple gift cards at the gate". I have wondered if you can use gift cards to buy one large gift card at the Disney Store as well.

My local Target only has $50s. I wish they had $25s. :confused:

Michelle
I'm not sure if this would help but this is what I've done in the past when I've travelled with a few gift cards. After I checked in, I gave the gift cards to the front desk and asked them to apply them to my account. I used the "credit" towards our food that we put on our KTTW card. Only one time did a CM tell me that I had to have a balance first in order to apply the cards. It didn't take very long for the CM to apply the cards but I only had about 5 (not 30) :lmao: I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing it. After it's all said and done I ask for a print out so I know it was done successfully and remember to keep the gift cards in case any type of refund needs to be done - they'll refund it back to the gift card I've been told.

Hope this helps,
Heather

Ps. OOPS - I think I quoted the wrong person! This is more directed at DinahInWonderland and not wanting to carry about 30 gift cards - don't blame you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter