Can I sell my Disney Visa Reward Points?

turrethouse

Earning My Ears
I hope this is ok to ask. i did a search and didn't find my question, though i doubt it hasn't been asked before.
I have a frequent rotation of Visa Disney Reward points, and with Covid with don't have any immediate plans to go to Disney and the rewards keep coming and expiring.
I'm not a huge fan of buying a bunch of stuff from the disney store that I don't need. Is there a process for selling Disney Reward points to someone who can better utilize them?
thank you

Not trying to knock the OP, but this is what I don't like about points cards. I prefer the cash back cards as I can use it for anything (but earmark it for travel). I am with the others, get the points converted to a gift card and bank it for "next time" just don't waste the points buying stuff you don't want or need from the Disney store.

Load the points on to the redemption card. Use that card to buy Disney gift cards on the Shop Disney site. Ta Da! Stocking stuffers and holiday gifts for lots of people! Also lets you stock up on gift cards for birthdays, graduations, weddings, etc.

Last edited:
Most airline or credit card rewards programs expressly prohibit selling of points or awards. Usually most credit card companies only allow points transfered to a household member.

If you want to sell the points, I think turning the points into gift cards is the safest route.

the rewards keep coming and expiring.
Points only expire when still on the Chase Visa account. Once you transfer them to a Rewards Redemption Card there is no expiration. You can accumulate them for years that way.

If you really want to "sell" them, I'd do the gift card thing. Transfer the points to a Rewards Redemption Card, then buy Disney Gift Cards to share with others.

Thank you. I didn't realize the redemption card didn't expire. Visa doesn't make that very clear.
Using them for gifting isn't overly practical, unless you have real Disney finantics to gift to. Everything is $$$$ and plastered with Disney logos. LOL. If you're into that great, but me not so much.
Thank you!
Alison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter