Can I have 2 reservations for the same night?

We are all sharing a room for the week to save money, but the night on their anniversary, I wanted to get them a room at a deluxe hotel.

This phrase was what I found confusing. Thanks for clearing it up!

In spite of what other posters may have experienced, Disney policy is that you only hold one room resrvation at a time. Maybe sometimes they don't catch on, and there are no problems. But if Disney does notice, they can (and are within their rights) cancel one of the reservations. Not a chance I would want to take, but I guess some do.

Maxiesmom -- Why is it within Disney's rights to cancel a fully paid reservation? Is that written somewhere or is it just your opinion? If it's written somewhere, I'd be interested in seeing it.

When we had two rooms, one room was Club Level at a deluxe resort. The concierge knew we had two rooms at two resorts and saw no problem whatsoever. Upon checkout, she happily printed out our room charge summaries from both resorts so we could doublecheck them. She also made some adjustments to the other room charges at our request. No problems at all.

So, it was not a matter of Disney "not catching on". Disney employees knew and didn't care.

If the rule about two rooms is written down somewhere, I'd be interested in seeing it! It can't be much of a rule if Disney's own employees are unaware of it and not following it!

Perhaps the issue here is holding two reservations versus holding two rooms. Disney may not like people to doublebook their stay if they're going to cancel one room just before arriving (although Disney's cancellation policies certainly permit that).

As for paying for two rooms, Disney does not care.

Sorry, I am not computer savy enough to copy the post for you here, but if you go look at Dreams Unlimited own facts about Disney resort reservations it does state that Disney has the right to cancel if they have decided you did something fradulent. So yes, it is written, I'm just not knowledgeable enough to copy it here.:guilty:

Call and ask any CM about making 2 different resort reservations for the same time frame. And they will tell you no. They don't want rooms sitting empty, they want people in them who will spend money. Makes perfect business sense.

Sorry, I am not computer savy enough to copy the post for you here, but if you go look at Dreams Unlimited own facts about Disney resort reservations it does state that Disney has the right to cancel if they have decided you did something fradulent. So yes, it is written, I'm just not knowledgeable enough to copy it here.:guilty:

Call and ask any CM about making 2 different resort reservations for the same time frame. And they will tell you no. They don't want rooms sitting empty, they want people in them who will spend money. Makes perfect business sense.

Are you referring to this?

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/room_package_terms.htm
Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including after the room reservation has been confirmed) if the room reservation includes or resulted from a mistake or error of any kind, including but not limited to, a mistake or error in the rate, resort or room type or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the room reservation.

I fail to see how booking and PAYING for two rooms is fraudulent or misleading. :confused3

You know, neither maxiesmom nor Dreams Unlimited made the rule, therefore, neither person/entity should be expected to know or explain why Disney has that rule, or what exactly they consider fraudulent or misleading.

Now, in the other thread, it's possible that the OP in that thread agreed to Express Checkout while registering. They would then not have to check out of the resort - they could just leave; and given the few items that poster described as being left to visibly hold the room, plus with over 25,000 rooms and 37 years of hotel experience, Walt Disney World likely has experienced Guests who depart unexpectedly and forget items in the room.

They don't have to explain it IF it exists, but I haven't seen anything to indicate there IS such a rule. (And those of us who read here often enough know the word of a CM over the phone definitely doesn't count.) The very vague info from DU doesn't say anything about 2 rooms, so it doesn't qualify as proof of WDW's policy.

I have had more than one room booked under my name, so it's not impossible. I can't comment personally on paying for both and leaving one unoccupied, however, as I canceled one of them at the 45 day mark.

I do agree that the thread where the guest's first room was closed out was probably a misunderstanding or a mistake of the CM. A policy might exist, but I haven't seen it yet.

They don't want rooms sitting empty, they want people in them who will spend money. Makes perfect business sense.

I do see where you're coming from on this, but I disagree.

I'm not sure that forcing people to stay off-site because there are unoccupied rooms would result in people spending any less money at WDW. In fact, I think it'd be a pretty good business plan...I would be spending a LOT more money in the parks if i stayed less expensively off-site. :rotfl:

A similar issue I have read about is that people do make reservations at the campgrounds or even sometimes values for EMH, dining plan, and/or pool privileges but stay overnight off-site, and nothing is done about this since the rooms are paid for. I guess the difference here is that the off-site room isn't visible to CMs. However, it can be seen that a a room or campspot is unoccupied. These off-siters are taking up space that could be used by additional guests, but while it may make people have to stay off-site, I don't think it would keep very many from not visiting WDW.

Reserving and paying for two rooms at two different resorts is not fraudulent! Good grief.

How is it any different from reserving and paying for two rooms at one resort for, say, two people? Or even one person for that matter.

I know of a couple that has been married for many years and wants lots of space when they travel. This couple books two rooms at a deluxe requesting connecting rooms. That way they each have their own bedroom and bath. And, that's cheaper than booking a suite.

That's two people booking two rooms. Those rooms could have been occupied by two families of five -- for a total of 10 people. Yes, 10 people likely would spend more on food and souvenirs at WDW. Does that mean if this couple has the money to book two rooms and wants to do so, that they shouldn't? On that theory, no one should be able to book a room with less than the maximum number of people. And, no one should be able to book a room with children as some of the occupants. Why? Because kids don't eat as much as adults!

And, if a couple wants to book a suite that sleeps 8 -- they certainly shouldn't do so because they won't spend as much on food as 8 people would have. Plus, to add insult to injury -- there could be a family of 8 that wanted that suite and couldn't get it. That all makes perfect business sense, doesn't it? By golly, that couple should just book one room at value resort or stay home!

Fraudulent means using a code you're not entitled to use, etc. It doesn't mean booking two rooms and paying for them! Either at the same resort or different resorts.

There is a difference between reserving 2 rooms and staying in them both, and reserving 2 rooms and staying in one at a time. Disney wants bodies in their rooms who will spend money on other services. They don't want empty rooms that are not bringing in that extra revenue.

Again, call Disney and ask if you can book 2 seperate resorts at the same time, with the intention of only using 1. They will tell you no!

There is a difference between reserving 2 rooms and staying in them both, and reserving 2 rooms and staying in one at a time. Disney wants bodies in their rooms who will spend money on other services. They don't want empty rooms that are not bringing in that extra revenue.

Again, call Disney and ask if you can book 2 seperate resorts at the same time, with the intention of only using 1. They will tell you no!

I find this hard to believe. If you are paying for both of the rooms, why is it any of their business which room you are sleeping in. As far as good business sense, it makes better sense to have a paid room than to have an empty room.

I would be curious to see an actual written rule regarding this also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!