Can I get free parking at the parks if...

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
Can I use my DVC member perk of not paying for the different theme parks parking fee or valet parking if I am not staying at a DVC resort at the time? Also, If I do not have to pay, does this also apply for Disneyland?

Your DVC member card will get you free valet parking regardless of where you are staying at any DVC resort, but will not get you access to a park. It would get your free valet for meals, shopping, etc. at that resort.

Your membership card does not get your free parking at the Parks.

Sammie is correct, the free theme park parking is a perk of staying onsite (the window tag you receive at check-in), not a perk of simply being a DVC member.

The valet parking at DVC resorts IS a DVC member perk, and can be used if you stay onsite or not.

If you have an AP, that will grant you free theme park parking.

As far as I know, there is no DVC parking benefit for Disneyland, unless it is tied to a Disneyland AP.

I just wanted to add if you are staying on disneyworld or disneyland property you are entitled to free parking at the parks and you can use the free transportation. If you wanted to use free valet at any of the DVC resorts, just show your DVC Memebers Card. You cannot use your DVC Members Card for free valet for non DVC resorts, like the polynesian, grand floridian, etc.
Oh, and remember OKW, SSR, VB, HH does not have valet parking. :teeth:

thank all! I forgot that we got free parking at the parks as a result of us staying at BWV not because of us being DVC members. Thanks for clearing that up!

Yes staying on property or the AP will get you parking.

The deluxe resorts with valet parking also have signs at the entrance to the parking lot that say that they cannot provide parking for theme park guests. So use the resort facilities (except for pool hopping - also tied to a stay on points at a DVC resort), but don't park there to go to the theme parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts