Can Disney Rewards Redemption Card be used in Restaurants?

A number of the restaurants in the Epcot World Showcase are not operated by Disney.

That would explain it. There aren't many Epcot restaurants on the list - only five. Only a few from each of the other parks, as well. It looks like all the resort restaurants are included though.

Just wanted to add that when I applied for the card I got $200 right off the bat as the incentive for getting the card. Also, I just called to get my rewards card last Monday and received it this Monday. We had a ton for home remodeling done this year and I was able to put it all on the card, so we were able to really rack up the points for our trip in October.

Rewards Use, Cut-and-Paste from the WDW Website, 09/20/2010:

Magic Kingdom® Park
A Buffet with Character at The Crystal Palace
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Casey's Corner
Liberty Tree Tavern

Epcot®
Chefs de France
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
San Angel Inn Restaurante

Disney's Hollywood Studios™
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre Restaurant
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Backlot Express

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Flame Tree Barbeque
Pizzafari

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Lottawatta Lodge

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Typhoon Tilly's
Leaning Palms

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Jiko - The Cooking Place
Boma - Flavors of Africa
The Mara

Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas
Cape May Cafe
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop

Disney's Boardwalk Inn and Villas
Flying Fish Cafe
ESPN Club

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet at Chef Mickey's
California Grill

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
1900 Park Fare
Victoria & Albert's
Gasparilla Grill & Games

Disney's Polynesian Resort
'Ohana
Kona Cafe
Capt Cook's

Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas
Artist Point
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Roaring Fork Snacks

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Captain's Grille
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Shutter's at Old Port Royale
Market Street Food Court at Old Port Royale

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Maya Grill
Pepper Market

Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
Boatwright's Dining Hall
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court

Disney's Port Orleans Resort Riverside
Boatwright's Dining Hall
Riverside Mill Food Court

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Everything POP Shopping and Dining

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
World Premiere Food Court

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Intermission Food Court

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
End Zone Food Court

Disney's Old Key West Resort
Olivia's Cafe
Good's Food To Go
Gurgling Suitcase Libations & Spirits

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
The Artist's Palette
The Turf Club Bar & Grill

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Trail's End Restaurant

Downtown Disney® Marketplace
Fulton's Crab House
Portobello
Earl of Sandwich
Bongo's Cuban Cafe

Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex
Disney's Wide World of Sports® Cafe

You can always use your room key to pay for purchases in the stores, and tips and meals at any restaurant (not Swan or Dolphin), most of them take the room charge even if they don't take the Rewards card. Then use your Rewards card to pay off your room charge bill. We do this to avoid having to carry another card.

You can always use your room key to pay for purchases in the stores, and tips and meals at any restaurant (not Swan or Dolphin), most of them take the room charge even if they don't take the Rewards card. Then use your Rewards card to pay off your room charge bill. We do this to avoid having to carry another card.
That's assuming you are staying on-site and are making purchases in the stores. :) Personally, I am staying off site this visit to save $$$ and I was counting on the rewards card to be able to eat a few meals at WDW vs at the condo. I have to select the restaurants accordingly.

I am still confused.:confused3 I am hearing on here that the rewards card can be used at all Disney owned restaurants so I assumed that the ones not on the Disney Visa list must not be Disney owned...But I just found out otherwise. I guess I should call the restaurants in question directly. But just out of curiosity , has anyone here actually used the rewards card at any Disney restaurants NOT on the list?

I just called the WDW's reservation line. According to the lady who assisted me, at least three restaurants not on the posted listed (Biergarten, Restaurant Marrakesh, and Tusker House) do accept the Rewards card. There may be others, but these were the only ones I asked about.

Has anybody tried to use the rewards card in Magic Kingdom at Peco Bill's? Just wondered if they took it. I know they are not on the list but last year we used our card at stands for ice cream and water and they took it no problem.

Bette

I know you found your answer but we bill everything to our room - for tips & alcohol and then we go to the check in desk at the resort and give them our rewards card or gift card (I get gift cards as gifts now too) and they just apply it to our balance. It's much easier than giving our card each time for the tip or extras that we order.
I also use it for souveniers, but thats easy to just give the card.

Anyone know about 50's Prime Time? I was hoping to use my rewards for our dinner here.

What about the House of Blues? Or do they take the Key to the World card?

I just called HoB, and they said they DO accept the Reward Dollars. I'm wanting to use my Reward Dollars for a trip in February. I see that Columbia Harbor House and the Wave is not on the list, but those are places where I was wanting to use them. I usually do what many of you do--charge it to the room, then pay my room charges with the Reward Dollars. But this time I'm staying off-site. It's really hard to budget when you don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter