Can Disney Rewards Redemption Card be used in Restaurants?

wildernessDad

DIS Veteran
Can one use a Disney rewards redemption card at table service restaurants within WDW to pay for the dining?

You can use your Disney Rewards towards pretty much anything in WDW. Resorts, food, souvenirs the list goes on

Also don't know if you know this but just incase you don't. In Epcot in Innovations (I forget which one exactly but it has the firetruck in it) there's a place to get a free 5 by 7 photo with a Disney character(s) photo pass pic if you show them your Disney Visa card. You never know who is behind the curtain but it has been my experience it is normally at least 2 of the fab 5, mostly it's more.

I know you got your answer, but I wanted to add that you can also use the rewards card for tips. We're doing the dining plan this trip and that's how we'll be using a good chunk of our rewards dollars.

I have read Disney Rewards used for WDW resort bills, TS, CS, WDW owned stores (limitations in EPOCT World Showcase) and some places in DTD.

IF you can charge an item back to your WDW resort - then it can be paid with the Disney Dream Reward Dollars from Chase VISA.

Or just do that - charge back to your WDW resort and lpay the bill with DDRD's before you check out. :goodvibes

Can we purchase tickets to MVMCP using the Rewards card? We will have close to $500 but have free dining. We plan to use it on tips and alcohol but would like to go to MVMCP too.

Can we purchase tickets to MVMCP using the Rewards card? We will have close to $500 but have free dining. We plan to use it on tips and alcohol but would like to go to MVMCP too.

I believe you can. Just call and tell them you would like to use your disney rewards card. It should be no problem.

How logn does it take to apply for a card? I'm thinking of applying for one. so I can put my vacation package balance on it. My deadline is oct 13, will I be able to make it if I apply tomorrow? and will I be able to get that reward card by end of November?

How logn does it take to apply for a card? I'm thinking of applying for one. so I can put my vacation package balance on it. My deadline is oct 13, will I be able to make it if I apply tomorrow? and will I be able to get that reward card by end of November?
I think you'd get it if you applied now. I don't think it would take more then a month to get it. And the rewards card takes several weeks to arrive in the mail after you earn some points, but once you get it you can add new points instantly after you earn them until that card expires.

We purchased MVMCP tickets with our rewards. I'm pretty sure we did it online too. We plan to use ours for tips and adult beverages since we have purchased the meal plan.

Thanks for your responses about using Rewards for MVMCP. The tickets are really going up and I rather not put out cash for them.

How do the points work? Is it spend $100.00 to receive 1 disney dollar? I haven't applied for one but may if that's the case.
Thanks

How do the points work? Is it spend $100.00 to receive 1 disney dollar? I haven't applied for one but may if that's the case.
Thanks
Yes, and sometimes they do double or triple points or something for certain things like groceries or gas.

If anyone wants to apply and needs a referral let me know. I think we get like 25 points for referring people? No biggie if not but I'd love the points if anyone is interested! Just PM me :flower3:

When I first applied for my Disney rewards card (a couple of years ago), I was told that it could be used at restaurants in WDW - no qualifications given. More recently, I found information on the Visa card website that indicated that only select restaurants accepted the redemption card. So, I called and asked about it, hoping that was just to give a sampling. I was told no, that the card can only be used at those specific restaurants. Two of the restaurants that I most wanted to visit are not on the list.

So... what experiences have others had using the rewards card at disney restaurants? Thanks.

I know that restaurants at the Swan or Dolphin won't take your Disney rewards dollars. The Swan and Dolphin are not Disney properties.

I believe you can use them at any Disney-operated restaurant. However, most of the restaurants at DTD are not Disney-operated so I do not know if you will be able to use them there.

A number of the restaurants in the Epcot World Showcase are not operated by Disney. You'll need to get more information as to whether or not those restaurants will accept Reward Dollars as payment.

Looks like the question has been answered - but for anyone thinking about applying - do it! We have used ours many times for many different reasons. park tickets, shopping, dining, at the Disney store at our mall, etc.

Hubby and I have used it a quite a few restaurants - but found that like PP said - the ones not owned by Disney do not accept them.

I LOVE my Disney Visa! :cloud9: I love watching the points add up!

I know you got your answer, but I wanted to add that you can also use the rewards card for tips. We're doing the dining plan this trip and that's how we'll be using a good chunk of our rewards dollars.

Hold the phone! You can use it for tips?? How do you do that? When they bring the bill do you just tell the server how much to take off of the card if you are on DDP?

If so, I just found a fantastic use for our points in November!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter