Can anyone post pics of POR for me?

sschro3 said:
Wow!!!! what great pics. Since we are already talking about POR...is AB the only area w/the trundle?
Sharon
Yes, and I believe they are only in some buildings.

sschro3 said:
Wow!!!! what great pics. Since we are already talking about POR...is AB the only area w/the trundle?
Sharon
As the pp stated AB is the only area with trundle beds. You can request one when you make your ressie, but it is not guareenteed...UNLESS you have 5 people staying in the room (that is my understanding from other posts I've read on the DIS)...

Here's some more. One just 'cuz it's pretty and the other because it shows the landscaping in the AB area. We stayed in Bldg 15 in 2004 and have requested it again this trip.

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

BrerMama said:
Here's some more. One just 'cuz it's pretty and the other because it shows the landscaping in the AB area. We stayed in Bldg 15 in 2004 and have requested it again this trip.

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg
Simply beautiful! You guys don't know how good you are all making me feel about my decision! Whew! :teeth:

We won't be there for a while but I am so excited about staying at POR. We have 5 going and were thinking of doing 2 value rooms but this has changed my mind. I booked POR for Sept 2007. Yeah!! :love:

I'm just here again - looking at all the great pics - I should print them out so I can put them under my pillow. Since a lot of my planning is done for now looking at these pics puts me in the Disney mood. Thanks again to everyone for sharing!

mommy*RN said:
Simply beautiful! You guys don't know how good you are all making me feel about my decision! Whew! :teeth:

Ok so I am definently requesting bldg 15! :cool1:

all your pictures are gorgeous. we stayed at POFQ last year and loved it but want to try a different resort next time but we enjoyed the boat to DTD so I'm tempted by POR. DH wants to stay at CSR and i must admit it looks lovely but i think he may be swayed by the boat.

we were at POFQ lat week. AND LOVED IT. Its def. smaller than POR Riverside and its easier to get around but I like the look of Por RIverside a little better. THe big deciding factor for us to stay at PORFQ was the bus. They share at times with riverside and they pick us up first which was important with my son being in a wheelchair. both are great though. id stay there again without a doubt...

*sigh*
Back again and looking at the wonderful pics...Disney Dreamin' for me tonight! :teeth:

Oh man, now that it's looking like we're going to upgrade and CSR is booked, I've been trying to decide which mod should be my first choice. I THOUGHT I had decided on POFQ. Until I stopped by here. :badpc: :lmao:

Okay, I'm off to find pics of CBR now so I can really confuse myself before heading off to bed.

mommy*RN said:
*sigh*
Back again and looking at the wonderful pics...Disney Dreamin' for me tonight! :teeth:

Make sure you post a report when you return. We're moving our trip (I think) up to March and it's been 12 years since I've seen POR!

And don't post it in a bottle either. I may never see it. :lmao:

:banana: Thank you all for posting the wonderful pictures!! I can't wait until we get to POR!!! We are going to have 5 people in the room (2 adults & 3 kids) so I am excited about being in the AB section. :woohoo: :yay:

mommy*RN said:
You are not the only person I've heard this from! :teeth: I think a lot of people with kids had problems with the transportation, but we generally don't use the onsite transportation...we just found it easier with the stroller and such to take our rental car and park it at the parks. Do you have another reason why you don't think we would like POR with kids? I appreciate all the help!

Our kids preferred POR over FQ. We stayed at POR and took the kids over to the pool and playground at FQ. They announced after 20 minutes..."let's go back to our place." They just hated the playground--it was very small. The pool slide was too tame, my kids were 8 and 5. We even visited the WL and ate at WC. I was hoping the kids would like the place enough to stay there on our next trip--nope--they only want to stay at POR. We used the bus system and our rental car. No real complaints. Wait at the end of EMH at MK was long, but that was the only time.

BlindTyldak said:
Oh man, now that it's looking like we're going to upgrade and CSR is booked, I've been trying to decide which mod should be my first choice. I THOUGHT I had decided on POFQ. Until I stopped by here. :badpc: :lmao:

Okay, I'm off to find pics of CBR now so I can really confuse myself before heading off to bed.

LOL!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I have been looking at all the moderates for our trip in october 2007. I am totally confused also, but not so much now since I looked at this thread. I was leaning towards POR since my kids will be 10 and 7. One of my DS looked at these pictures and said "I want to stay there. The waterslide is cool!!!". I think these pictures made my decision. I had heard how beautiful the resort was, but now I am convinced it is GORGEOUS!!! I am looking at the Alligator Bayou section because it is more outdoorsy and just more our style. Thanks for posting all the great photos!!!!

Am_I_There_Yet said:
Make sure you post a report when you return. We're moving our trip (I think) up to March and it's been 12 years since I've seen POR!

And don't post it in a bottle either. I may never see it. :lmao:
:lmao: I will definitely post pics and reports after our October trip..but I won't use the bottle format...I can't use smileys :dance3: there!

We don't hit the 45 day marker until the 1st of September so now I am in the long wait. This is more nerve racking than the 2 week wait when I was trying to get pregnant!

I stop by every so often to look at the pics and do a bit of dreamin'...my SIL is at WDW as I type this...I'm so jealous!

mommy*RN said:
I stop by every so often to look at the pics and do a bit of dreamin'...my SIL is at WDW as I type this...I'm so jealous!

Yeah, but she'll be home when you're there! :banana:

I just booked my Destin hotel for our trip to WDW in March. I'm getting excited and my trip is still six months away!

I think I'm going to split our stay, with the first two nights at POR and the other five at the Poly. The thought of four adults and a 9-year old in one of those rooms, gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I figure I can do it for two nights, but I may be jumping in the river if I try to do it for the whole trip!

Am_I_There_Yet said:
I think I'm going to split our stay, with the first two nights at POR and the other five at the Poly. The thought of four adults and a 9-year old in one of those rooms, gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I figure I can do it for two nights, but I may be jumping in the river if I try to do it for the whole trip!
My SIL will definitely hear it from me! She missed my DD's birthday for Disney (and last year she missed her BIRTH for Disney)...lucky for me the weather here in WI has been wonderful and I smile thinking how she is sweatin' it up in WDW! hehe

I think you are right about the rooms too...even with the optional trundle bed it would be pretty cramped quarters...my other thought is book the Poly for 3 adults and a 9yr old and spend some blissful "alone time" at POR... :rotfl: Wouldn't that be nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter