Can anyone post pics of POR for me?

mommy*RN

<font color=limegreen>Does Imodium work for verbal
Hi!
Specifically I am interested in the rooms. I am thinking about switching my room from POFQ to POR so that we have the option of being near a quiet pool. The only thing is I don't know what the plantation mansions rooms look like and it's been awhile since I've seen pics of the rooms in the bayou.

Also - which do you prefer? Any help would be great!

:thanks:

I have some but I can't post them right now because I am on my way out the door, but wanted to mention that there is a POR thread with beautiful pics in it. We stayed at POR AB last July and really enjoyed it. DH didn't think he'd like the room style/decor based on the pics but he wound up loving it. We were in building 38 which was quite close to a quiet pool (with laundry facilities if you need them) but not so close that we could hear/see activity from it while in our room. It was perfect. I think the decor in the mansions area looks nice but it's too much my mom's taste for me to really like it hehe

Here was our room last fall in Oak Manor. HTH!!

WDW20052176.jpg

WDW20052178.jpg

WDW2005002.jpg

Here are a few photos from our Dec. 05 stay. I like both sections but prefer the Bayou a bit more. I like the rustic feel of the rooms. The rooms in the Mansions are more formal feeling and I love the exteriors as it feels like you are staying in someone's estate.

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

I'm not the OP but thanks so much for posting the photos. They're great!!! We're staying at POR for the first time May 23-31 so I really enjoy seeing everyone's photos of the resort.
I have requested Alligator Bayou because I think my two teenage sons would like it better than the Mansions but the entire resort looks amazing. I can't wait until we're actually there!!!

Carla

Thank you! I was worried I wouldn't like the bayou...but your pics make it look wonderful! Any tips on room location requests and such...I'm switching in the AM! :cool1:

mommy*RN said:
Thank you! I was worried I wouldn't like the bayou...but your pics make it look wonderful! Any tips on room location requests and such...I'm switching in the AM! :cool1:

The only request I had made was to be in the mansions in an elevator building since we had a stroller. They put us in Oak Manor which was perfect! We requested this building again for our Christmastime trip. As mentioned before, it is right across the bridge that leads back to the main buildings/main bus stop.

Cinderumbrella said:
The only request I had made was to be in the mansions in an elevator building since we had a stroller. They put us in Oak Manor which was perfect! We requested this building again for our Christmastime trip. As mentioned before, it is right across the bridge that leads back to the main buildings/main bus stop.

I've heard that Oak Manor is a smoking optional building. Did you notice any lingering odors?

mommy*RN said:

I have beenin Building 38 and 14 in the Bayou. I did not request 14 but we got it and it is the closest to the food court and lobby and store. It was really convenient. I really like our spot in 38 as well. It was a longer walk to the food court but I love the grounds of the resorts so don't mind the stroll. 14, 15 are close to the food court. 16 is a bit farther away but still somewhat convenient.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/pomap1.jpg

Thank you again! I didn't get a chance to switch today - so I'm going to try tomorrow AM. DD is sick and CRABBY! Ugh!

mommy*RN said:
Thank you again! I didn't get a chance to switch today - so I'm going to try tomorrow AM. DD is sick and CRABBY! Ugh!

since you have little kids - I would stick with POFQ

this slide
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1390&sort=1&cat=541&page=2

it is very, very tame - although looks a lot wilder....

here are pictures of POR
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=540

here are all the pictures of POFQ
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=541

little kids seem to love the slide at POFQ - almost as badly as Dumbo - they can stand in line with patience (something most kids don't have)

I certainly don't understand it - but I have seem it. No hour waits like Dumbo, but since the patience to do this thing....

have a good trip no matter what you decide.

spiceycat said:
since you have little kids - I would stick with POFQ

You are not the only person I've heard this from! :teeth: I think a lot of people with kids had problems with the transportation, but we generally don't use the onsite transportation...we just found it easier with the stroller and such to take our rental car and park it at the parks. Do you have another reason why you don't think we would like POR with kids? I appreciate all the help!

kabbie said:
I've heard that Oak Manor is a smoking optional building. Did you notice any lingering odors?

Not at all. Our room was a non-smoking room. Plus Our room was spotless- and I'm pretty picky!!

The only smoking I saw was outside near the benches, next to an ashtray so it was fine with me!

mommy*RN said:
You are not the only person I've heard this from! :teeth: I think a lot of people with kids had problems with the transportation, but we generally don't use the onsite transportation...we just found it easier with the stroller and such to take our rental car and park it at the parks. Do you have another reason why you don't think we would like POR with kids? I appreciate all the help!

We were there last October (same time frame as you) and had no issues with the buses ever. We always got a seat and the few times it was full, someone always gave up a set for me so I could sit with DS2.5 on my lap. Also, we never once shared a bus with POFQ to MK at any time during our trip. I really like this resort and can't say enough good things about it!

Cinderumbrella said:
We were there last October (same time frame as you) and had no issues with the buses ever. We always got a seat and the few times it was full, someone always gave up a set for me so I could sit with DS2.5 on my lap. Also, we never once shared a bus with POFQ to MK at any time during our trip. I really like this resort and can't say enough good things about it!
Thanks - since I HATE making major decisions (and 10 nights in a room we hate does seem pretty major to me), it really helps that you shared this! I think we will like POR...and if my DH or kids complain - they sleep in the car...
Is it wrong to HOPE they complain then??? :rolleyes1

We were there for a major holiday also (July 2-8) and thought the buses ran fine :)

I thought I'd post some pictures of what a King room looks like, thought it's not much different than the others!

3477965%3C%3B%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233977443858nu0mrj

3477965%3C%3B%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233977448724nu0mrj

We went to Disney July 17-22, and I didn't request the AB or Mansions, because I couldn't decide. I thought I'd let Disney make that decision for me. I guess I secretly wanted the Mansions, because AB seemed a bit rustic for my tastes, but we loved our room! And I think the "rustic-ness" (aka "manly-ness" for my husband) was good since he was just going along on this trip for me!

We were in Building 25, which seemed to take forever to get to from the front lobby and dining area, but it was pretty close to the West bus stop. We loved the West bus stop; some days it was the first stop, and if not, it was always second. The South bus stop (main bus stop) always seemed crowded when we stopped there (if West is picked up first, South is last). Also, West never had more than 10 people waiting for a bus, so it was nice and peaceful and relaxing before jumping into all the excitment!!

One word of caution about Water View Rooms. I requested this.. well, the helpful CM told me it was a good choice anyways, I didn't really know what I wanted. We had a beautiful view of one of the quiet pools (see picture below) and it was nice, but our first night there we were exhausted and it wasn't really all that "quiet" at the pool. We heard people till at least 2am. However, we were really tired so we managed to zone them out, and it was the ONLY night we dealt with that (thanks to some late night storms that pretty much cleaned the pools out by 11pm or so).

Here are some other POR pictures:

View of Pool from our door
3477965%3C%3B%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233977462%3A%3B9nu0mrj

View of Dining Area from DTD Boat
3477965%3C%3B%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D323397758%3B833nu0mrj

Surry Bikes
3477965%3C%3B%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D323397758%3B83%3Anu0mrj

View of Lobby/Registration
3477965%3C%3B%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D323397758%3A%3A%3A7nu0mrj

One of the many critters to cross out path
3477965%3C%3B%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D323397758%3A%3A%3B3nu0mrj

Unfortunately, going home :(
3477965%3C%3B%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D323397758%3B859nu0mrj

We loved our stay, and hope you do too!

Those are GREAT pics! Thank you for sharing! I had heard somewhere if you want a view of the river you should specifically ask for a "River View". If you say water view you can end up with a view of the pool (which I agree with you isn't a bad view at all!)

THANK YOU!

WE were in the SAME building nov 19th-29th last year. We also requested a Water view room....AND we also had the same experience!!! spooky. We stayed up one night listening to kids screaming, and jamming ear plugs in my ears...Other that this issue ...we LOVED our room..and as you mention the bus stop is soooo quiet! I didnt mind the walk because the grounds are soooooo beautiful. In sum - I will NEVER request a water view room again.
BUT I WILL return to POR. :teeth:

(Not this Year though - we are going with a large family and will be staying off site. ) You will LOVE POR :banana: ...5 yo slept on own bed....3yo who slept on the trundle bed and LOVED it - thought it was her special magic bed. :sunny:

mmbrad02 said:
We were in Building 25, which seemed to take forever to get to from the front lobby and dining area, but it was pretty close to the West bus stop. We loved the West bus stop; some days it was the first stop, and if not, it was always second. The South bus stop (main bus stop) always seemed crowded when we stopped there (if West is picked up first, South is last). Also, West never had more than 10 people waiting for a bus, so it was nice and peaceful and relaxing before jumping into all the excitment!!

One word of caution about Water View Rooms. I requested this.. well, the helpful CM told me it was a good choice anyways, I didn't really know what I wanted. We had a beautiful view of one of the quiet pools (see picture below) and it was nice, but our first night there we were exhausted and it wasn't really all that "quiet" at the pool. We heard people till at least 2am. However, we were really tired so we managed to zone them out, and it was the ONLY night we dealt with that (thanks to some late night storms that pretty much cleaned the pools out by 11pm or so).

We loved our stay, and hope you do too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!