• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

can anyone please help somehow lost setting icon on my iphone

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I just noticed I lost my setting icon--it was there yesterday but today I noticed it was gone--

is there anyway I can get it back--without it I wont be able to use my phone at work since I have to go into settings to get on works wifi

not sure why all of a sudden things change--or in this case just disappear
and now I have 2 app store icons

any advice thanks

I just noticed I lost my setting icon--it was there yesterday but today I noticed it was gone--

is there anyway I can get it back--without it I wont be able to use my phone at work since I have to go into settings to get on works wifi

not sure why all of a sudden things change--or in this case just disappear
and now I have 2 app store icons

any advice thanks

More information needed. What kind of phone?

You should be able to hold your finger down on one of the App Store icons and the remove button should show up. I'll look up the other for you when you tell me the brand of phone.

great thanks sorry I somehow always manage how forget some detail

anyways is a samsung iphone I think its an 8 we dont get new phones unless we have too

thanks for looking into this

great thanks sorry I somehow always manage how forget some detail

anyways is a samsung iphone I think its an 8 we dont get new phones unless we have too

thanks for looking into this
I thought only Apple made iPhones. Samsung makes the Galaxy line for Android.

again sorry Im really bad with all this phone stuff--all Im sure of is that its an iphone and an apple and probably an 8

where would I find this out
thanks

I always start with a reboot.

I have seen app icons disappear sometimes after an app update. Generally they reappear after waiting a day or two. The broken cache gets rebuilt at some point.

Thanks for the help. I’ll have my DH go through the link take care. I’ll also try to shut it down and restart. How do you reboot this. Sorry about all the questions but I’m super bad with this.

I’ve had stuff accidentally disappear. They make it too easy to delete icons or rename folders. I’ve ended up with folders renamed ddffgggh or something else because it was moving around in my pocket.

For an iPhone or iPad there are several ways to recover a missing icon. Settings never actually goes away because it’s built in, but the icon can be removed. You can also ask Siri to open settings.

The easiest would be swipe left several times until you get to the App Library. There’s a way to search for apps right where it says App Library at the magnifying glass symbol. Type in “settings” and it should show up. From there the icon can be dragged out (keep down on it) and placed wherever you want.

Happy days I got my settings back I asked one of the people I work with about it. He did a search on the computer here at work and we went through it together less then 5. minutes when. I. Spent 30 with support and got no where. So all is good. Thanks for the advice and tips😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter