Can anyone beat TCD's prices

Has something changed at TCD ? - you used to be able to book flights without cars earlier this year, when I looked into it ....though they cost practically the same as the fly drive price !!!!!! :confused3

ooooppppps sorry !!!!!..........didn't realise there was another page on this thread - I can see someone else has raised this point :badpc:

Just when I thought TCD were best value I was proved wrong. Virgin Atlantic flights plus booking car hire seperately through Dollar work out same cost better perks than TCD. Virgin fly to MCO, v TCD to Sanford. Virgin have personal tv screens v TCD one large screen. Virgin Atlantic give air miles v TCD do not.

Depends on time of year with Virgin.
3 weeks last Oct with Virgin 3 people without car cost me about £1,600 incl 3 star hotel. Same package this summer holiday about £3,300.
Always check out airline network for car hire usually cheaper than Dollar.
My points are growing nicely with Virgin.

have you tried sky deals for a flight? They are owned by Thompsons and they were the cheapest for us this year. Going in the school holidays. The number is on teletext.

Our flights in school hols with Virgin and car hire with Alamo cost around 1600. It was packaged seperatly. Two adults and 1 child.

We are staying in regal palms and it worked out at £70 per night for the house not each. We got a discount because we booked last October and are staying for 22 nights. Let us all know what you decide.

You could also try Mercury travel for flights and car hire. they were the best for us last year, in May school holidays. Again Virgin flights.

I worked Skydeals fingers to the bone this year when the scheduled flights come out, but they just couldn't get the prices. I like to book early and the prices of the US carriers has dropped by quite a way. £300 on the original Delta flights for 4 people when i tried lastweek. Trailfinders got better prices for us and worked equally hard to get this. Continental and US Airways are apparently quite competitive but you need to pay on booking but I have heard some great stories about the Continental in flight and I was impressed with US Airways last year.

Heatherbelle
Are there just 2 adults and 1 child in the house?
£70 a night is a lot to stay in Orlando. maybe you prefer the house to a hotel but £1,540 for 22 nights is a lot of money.
Prices we have paid recently for hotels Marriot £25/night. Homewood suite by Hilton £22 incl breakfast, BW Lakeside £24, Raddison Parkway £27. Most I have ever paid is £45/night for Hilton at DTD at Xmas/NYear.

We have a house in Orlando, and travel out at least twice a year, and rent out at other times. If you can start looking early enough, you can usually find some good deals with Virgin and www.lastminute.com

We have flown with Virgin, AA, Delta and Thomas Cook, Virgin was far and away the best airline to fly with, we are going out at Easter and have paid £290 each for the flights - with Virgin.
You get the added bonus of the Downtown Check in, which saves having to be at the airport early and wasting precious holiday time.

We always use Hertz for the car hire, it may be a little higher than some of the other companies, but if you register for the Gold membership, when you get to MCO, the bus takes you to Hertz, where a computer board tells you what row your car is in. You simply find the car (with the keys in the ignition and the boot already open), put your luggage in, and drive away! Much easier than having to go to the desk and have all the paperwork sorted out (especially after a 9 hour flight!). We found we can be out of the airport and driving away in 15 minutes! Sandford does not have the same option for Gold members, doesn't have as big a range of cars, and is further away from Orlando and the attractions.

Using our house as a price guide, I estimate you could have a family of 4 price around £1800-£2000 for flights, accommodation and car, all booked separately.
I have also found buying at least one annual pass to the parks can save you money in the long run. A 14 day ticket can cost around £170-£180. An annual pass costs around £230, but your parking is free, and you get discounts for shopping and dining. We find it usually pays for itself after 10 days, even if you only buy one AP, and normal tickets for the rest of your group.
Universal AP are even better value, around £115 for unlimited access, no black out dates, the same free parking, but more shopping and dining discounts. If you buy direct from Universal, you even get the option to pay monthly on your credit card!

I hope this helps, it may be easier to book a package, but not always cheaper!

Magic mouse - when are you travelling to get Virgin at the same cost as TCD? I just worked out the total cost for our party (3 adults, Sept 23rd - Oct 7th, intermediate 4 door with fully inc insurance) three ways:

Virgin Flydrive - £2,139
Virgin Flights + Dollar Car Hire booked seperately - £2,387
TCD Flydrive - £1,257

I'd love to try Virgin out but with prices differences that much we just can't afford/justify it.

Queenie - I noticed the flight prices with TCD are fantastic, but the car hire is astronomical - £380. Same thing with Hertz - £252!

wayneg said:
Heatherbelle
Are there just 2 adults and 1 child in the house?
£70 a night is a lot to stay in Orlando. maybe you prefer the house to a hotel but £1,540 for 22 nights is a lot of money.
Prices we have paid recently for hotels Marriot £25/night. Homewood suite by Hilton £22 incl breakfast, BW Lakeside £24, Raddison Parkway £27. Most I have ever paid is £45/night for Hilton at DTD at Xmas/NYear.

Yes I know it's a lot of money, but because we were going for so long, I wanted to stay in a house and the boys also wanted a fancy pool. That's why we choose regal palms. I did look at villa's with their own pools, but the boys wanted the lazy river.

The pay off is we will save money on food. Last year we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in LBV. Great location, and we only paid £400 for the room for 2 weeks. That's £28 per night. I really didn't want a hotel room for 3 weeks. I also don't like moving about, packing and unpacking.

We always try and book at least 12 months in advance to get good deals.
In May 2004 we booked with First Choice to travel May 2005 we had a great price of £2100 for 21 nights , Staying at Quality Inn Maingate, Car and insurance, for 2 adults and 2 children.
Paul TCD are great we have been with them before and couldnt fault them and we will go again with them again your price seems very reasonable.

paul_sheps said:
Hi everyone

Checking around for the last two weeks of the summer hol's 2006 for me my wife and three kids the best price I've found has been TCD who quote £3700 for the 5 of us in a standard villa and a full size 4 door car with pre-seating on the plane.

All the others I've checked want much more. Went with TCD this year and paid £3500 for the same and thought it great value for money and they don't seem to be able to be beaten.

Anyone know of anyone cheaper than TCD?
usually the last 2 weeks or going into the 1st week of sept is cheaper for hols , i personally think that the quote from TCD is dear, are all 3 kids classed as kids or are they charged adult prices?

Netty said:
usually the last 2 weeks or going into the 1st week of sept is cheaper for hols , i personally think that the quote from TCD is dear, are all 3 kids classed as kids or are they charged adult prices?

sorry- just noticed this is an old thread, so you may have booked by now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter