Camping at the Fort?

LuvEeyore

DIS Veteran
I have been looking at cost of a March 2022 trip for 6 adults and a 3 year old. The option that seems to be the most viable maybe Camping or should I say glamping at the Fort.
which sites/loops would you recommend and who would you recommend renting an RV from. Oh by the way I want it Set up there for me. I did say glampin!! I stayed at the Fort in a cabin and loved it. Thanks in advance,

My mom rented one from Camper Wilderness Adventures (CWA for the rest of the post) last October. I would say they are good enough to consider. My mom rented a 2021 CrossRoads Zinger 331 BH they call “Zippity”.

Overall, the rental was good. It comes with a lot of items needed for the trip. The only issue she had was the trailer door was hard to close. You had to hold the door handle open as you closed the door, and then you release the handle one the door was closed.

The camper was a 2021 CrossRoads Zinger 331 bh (the one CWA named Zippity). They provided most of the items needed for a trip. The only problem with the trailer was the front door was hard to close. It was a new trailer, so I think that is more of a Crossroads issue, than a CWA issue.

Dawn and her crew were nice and helpful. They set everything up. They said they were at the fort almost everyday picking up/ dropping off/ taking care of something. If you let them know you need something done they come by to take care of it, but they don't generally do a checkup on each camper and make sure everything is OK.

Other places I have seen mentioned are: Camper Rental Adventures, Kissimmee Orlando RV Rental

If do search on this board for "RV Rental", you should get some good results.

Let me echo what Himandher said. The Company she cites is actually called Camper Rental Adventures. I have no affiliation with them but have met both of the owners Dawn and her Husband Ray and found them to be good honest and hard working people. Friends of ours swear by them and have used them to rent a camper for their respective mothers and/or Mother in Laws and swear by them.

If you are planning on putting all seven people in one camper, I would suggest (being a family of six with two of our children as big as adults, so comparable to a 4 adult, two kid setup) getting the biggest camper you can get. I.e., a four-bed bunkhouse unit. This is assuming two of the adults will share the queen/king bed, and the other four people will take the bunkhouse. You do not want a unit that you have to take the table down for a bed or bother with pulling the couch out for someone. Trust me, that is a lot of people in one unit...we are looking to upgrade our bunkhouse unit as our four-bed bunkhouse does not have a slide out, and it gets crowded back there for our four boys...it’s like fitting a family of four back there as the older two are adult-size...:)

The Company she he cites is actually called Camper Rental Adventures.

My bad, it is Camper Rental Adventures. I thought there were two companies one called Camper Wilderness Adventures and one called Camper Rental Adventures.

Also. if you doing this to save money you may find two rooms at a resort is cheaper than site and rental (depending on the resort and room type). With that said, the other resorts are nice places to stay at, but the Fort is a nice place to BE at.

We booked for next April with Meachams RV who are Disney approved for our daughter and family to join us and be closer than when they stayed in a cabin and us in our RV..

Just because it says it sleeps 8, that may not be comfortably. RV's are notorious for having short couches or kitchen tables, that they say can sleep 2 on each one. A kitchen table for example may sleep two small children think 7 years old, but one adult who is about 5 foot might be it.
So everyone needs to be in agreement and realize sleeping may not be the best vs a hotel room. Just my .02 on the subject.

Just because it says it sleeps 8, that may not be comfortably. RV's are notorious for having short couches or kitchen tables, that they say can sleep 2 on each one. A kitchen table for example may sleep two small children think 7 years old, but one adult who is about 5 foot might be it.
So everyone needs to be in agreement and realize sleeping may not be the best vs a hotel room. Just my .02 on the subject.

Agreed, dinettes are very uncomfortable, my kids preferred a queen size inflatable mattress on the floor to the choices in the RV

One idea. March is usually a good weather time. You might want to also put up a tent or two for sleeping. When we glamp we also like bringing a ... I don't know what it is called, a tent roof to put over the outdoor table. Like what you see at booths at outdoor festivals.

Another idea. Rent a house nearby. For our next trip, We have a 5-bedroom house with heated pool reserved for cheaper than POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter