• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camping and the not so hardy

Mary D

Earning My Ears
Say my family decided to try tent campting at fort wilderness and then we go one of those weeks like last May when if rained constantly.

Could we give up in the tent and get credit to move somewhere else on property?

Or if we couldn't get credit, move offsite to get dry and keep the campground if the weather changed?

I don't think they would transfer your $$$ to another resort, but, they might give you a refund that you could use at another resort if said resort was available.

We cut short our Mem. Day weekend by one night, but I didn't ask for a refund because we left around 2pm - well after the 11am check out. In 2003, we cut short our stay by 2 weeks, and I did receive a credit on my Visa for the time we didn't use.

Call the front desk and ask them. The worst answer you will get is "no".

As I understand it, the cut off for a full refund is five days. So, if you have a 12 day reservation and decide on the first night you need something else, you have 11 nights unused, but only 6 you can get a refund on, assuming you check out by 11am. Now that is according to the "rules", which Disney is known to break, especially at the Fort. But, at the least you could expect a refund at the rate described. I have heard of folks getting a full refund of all unused nights, so like Deb says, ask (they can't hit ya) and make your decision based on the answer you get. If you don't like the answer, ask again in six hours and you may get a different manager and a different answer!

:santa:

Since rain is a reality with camping, and you are talking of going during the beginning of the rainy season, and it seems to be an issue with you, I would not take the chance of ruining my vacation and would plan on staying in a hotel rather than tent camping.

When we were at the fort 4th of July I booked more days than I actually used. When I checked in I had to pay for all of them but at checkout I received a credit for my unused days immediately. Checked bank online that night and the credit was there. You could also check into pop up camper rentals to keep you and your's out of the weather.

When we were at the fort 4th of July I booked more days than I actually used. When I checked in I had to pay for all of them but at checkout I received a credit for my unused days immediately. Checked bank online that night and the credit was there. You could also check into pop up camper rentals to keep you and your's out of the weather.

Where the heck can somebody rent a popup?????;)

Oh, I know, there's a website called makecampingeasy.com that rents pop-ups. They deliver it and set it up for you too so you don't have to learn to back one up and deal with the connections. The guy who runs it is a regular here on the boards. Check into it.

Oh, I know, there's a website called makecampingeasy.com that rents pop-ups. They deliver it and set it up for you too so you don't have to learn to back one up and deal with the connections. The guy who runs it is a regular here on the boards. Check into it.

He may be a regular here, but does he know what he's doing?

I don't know how much else he knows, but I've heard he could back an elephant into a peanut shell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter