Camelot Inn Reviews?

nun69

Mouseketeer
ok...I did some research on the threads for the Camelot Inn and I found a little bit of feedback but wanted to get a better idea....

1. what did you like/dislike about your stay...
2. what did you think about the free breakfast?
3. what did you think about the room? "we will have a deluxe room"
4. what did you think about housekeeping?
5. how was their customer service?
6. what did you think about the pool?
7. can you request a Disney "view" or can you see Disney from the pool area?
8. do they have free internet access {wireless}?
9. how is the parking {it will be free for us becuase we are booking through AAA}?

and if anyone has any pics, would you please share...thanks!

We stayed at the Camelot Inn last August for 5 nights. Our room had 2 Queens. We had a good stay, and we would stay there again. :thumbsup2

What did you like?
Great location. Just a 5 to 7 minute walk to DL.
Very clean. Plenty of towels.
Decent closet space.
They provided a small refrigerator, microwave, and small coffee maker.

What did you dislike?
The Camelot Inn doesn't provide free internet access.

What did you think about the free breakfast?
The continental breakfast was convenient. The food wasn't fancy, but it was decent. They provided generic-cereals, whole milk, decent orange juice, decent coffee, some fruit, and some pastries. They provide large trays (if you want to carry food back to your room). And there's a McDonald's next door.

What did you think about the room?
The room could have been a little brighter, but it was fine. The room size was good.
There really isn't anything fancy about the room or the hotel, but it's very clean.
The vanity is located outside the bathroom, which most people prefer.

What did you think about housekeeping?
We stayed there 5 nights, and I thought they did a great job every day.

How was their customer service?
The front desk was fine, and I didn't need their assistance throughout my stay.

What did you think about the pool?
The pool is on the 4th floor. It isn't huge, but it seemed big enough. Instead of chlorine, they keep the water clean with some type of salt. The pool was clean, and you could see the fireworks from the pool area. They also have a hot tub that was decent. And there were plenty of towels in the swimming area.

Can you request a Disney "view" or can you see DL from the pool area?
From the pool area you can see the Matterhorn. I'm not sure about requesting a Disney "view."

Do they have free internet access?
The Camelot has wireless, but they charge $9.95 for 24 hours.

How is the parking?
Parking was fine. We didn't have any problems during my 5 day stay. When we stayed there the parking was free, and we didn't book through AAA.

If anyone has any pics...
The virtual tour at the Camelot Inn's web-site will give you a good idea:
www.camelotinn-anaheim.com/vrtour.asp

HTH :earsboy:

For more reviews on this hotel, check out tripadvisor.com, they usually have tons of reviews on every hotel in the disney area.

1. what did you like/dislike about your stay...
Like - pretty much everything!:thumbsup2 Our entire experience was so positive, it's hard for me to find anything negative to say about the entire holiday!:cool1:
We requested a room close to the pool - we got the room CLOSEST to the pool - couldn't have gotten any closer without really wet feet!!
Location of the hotel is great - close to the park, McDonald's next door and Mimi's (or Millies - sorry - can't for the life of me remember which....:headache: )
2. what did you think about the free breakfast?
It was basic, but good enough for us. As others have said, muffins, coffee, tea, danish, apples, oranges, juice, generic cereals and croissant. We aren't big breakfast eaters normally, so this was sufficient for us, and we usually ate an early lunch anyway to beat lunch hour crowds, so it worked out well for us.
3. what did you think about the room? "we will have a deluxe room" Not sure what the deluxe room is, but we had the 1 bedroom family suite, which was basically 2 adjoining rooms. FABULOUS!! TONS of space, HUGE wardrobes, kitchen and bathroom sinks, microwave and fridge, etc...
4. what did you think about housekeeping? They were great - the room was always cleaned well each day, despite the fact that we always left with junk all over the place - it would have been tough to wipe down the countertops full of toiletries, but somehow they managed!:flower3:
5. how was their customer service? Pretty fair - I wasn't really impressed that there was no one there when we checked in to help us to our rooms with all our luggage, but then, in all fairness, I never asked, either!:rolleyes: As it was, with 3 little kids, 3 carseats and 4 large suitcases, it was an undertaking! However, check in was so fast I barely remember it!
6. what did you think about the pool? the pool was probably on the small side, and too shallow for real "pool lover" types, however, for my young kids it was great - my 5 yr old ds could actually touch the bottom, which let us worry less about him and concentrate on the two younger ones. The hot tub is a little small, and as we discovered, if there is another family using the pool area, more often than not the hot tub will be full in the evenings when you want to warm up. But our room was so close we'd just hop in our bathtub, and we were good!;)
7. can you request a Disney "view" or can you see Disney from the pool area?
View from our room which was right across from the pool. The Matterhorn is in the background.
8. do they have free internet access {wireless}? Not free, and we never used it, so I don't know the cost (though I think another poster mentioned it.)
9. how is the parking {it will be free for us becuase we are booking through AAA}? Not sure - didn't really notice, to be honest. Looked to be not much parking space, though, considering the size of the hotel.

I also posted a review a short while ago with pics - in case you didn't find it, here's the link.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1822701&page=1&highlight=camelot

I haven't stayed there since it was the Park Inn International. But I have to say I think that pool deck is the best place outside the park to watch the fireworks. If you have little kids or are just too tired, its a wonderful alternative. I have great memories of me and my kids snuggled under blankets on a deck chair watching those a few years back.

I also remember room size as being very nice and spacious the location is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter