• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling any Champagne Girl!!

I was supposed to join the fun on the Fantasy M/V, but was hit with a massive allergic reaction to the cocktail sauce at Cabanas (who adds Tabasco to cocktail sauce ?!?!?!), so my Benadryl kept me from drinking. Here's the graphic for the magnets I made for all the participants:

9691526334_b6b228ccf2_z.jpg

Hubby was happy to take my place, even though he had to wear a pink shirt and boa, but no tiara. Here are a couple more photos to show NO ONE was exempt from wearing a boa ......

9688364889_27b422be00_z.jpg
9688364823_4d75d6839d_z.jpg

I was supposed to join the fun on the Fantasy M/V, but was hit with a massive allergic reaction to the cocktail sauce at Cabanas (who adds Tabasco to cocktail sauce ?!?!?!), so my Benadryl kept me from drinking. Here's the graphic for the magnets I made for all the participants:

9691526334_b6b228ccf2_z.jpg

Hubby was happy to take my place, even though he had to wear a pink shirt and boa, but no tiara.

That graphic would have been great for the original CG's... of which I am one!!!

& sorry... I put tabasco in my cocktail sauce - an old restaurant recipe... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I am highly allergic to Tabasco and any of the 'spice' peppers. My feet were so swollen that for the entire week I was cramming them into Crocs that are usually really loose. Horseradish in cocktail sauce, yes, Tabasco, NEVER, at least not for me. I'll be bringing my own on board in October.

Hi Terrie.....so glad you had a blast and are going to do another one!!! Thanks for the pictures you shared with me. I loved them!!!
You can post all your pics on this site too if you want to share with some others. Also, did you see the earrings that are available. They were made especially for our Pink Champagne Girls!!!

Have a great time at your next event and post pictures again for us to share. You can post them right on here and we'll all get to see them. Thank you!!!

Hi Ella! I forgot I was subscribed to this thread and promised pics from my 2nd PCG event. We had a great time. DCL had us do it the same way as they did on the Fantasy Maiden Voyage where everyone signed up through me and then they charged their staterooms. We held it at Ooh La La again and our presenter remembered me from the previous PCG :goodvibes

PCGDISpeeps_zpsfbfbf638.jpg

Very excited to do this for the first time. Where can I sign up?

Check your cruise meets thread and see if anyone has decided to organize one. If no one has, you can always organize it. That was how I attended my first pink champagne girls event. I had read about them and wanted to attend one but no one on our cruise meets thread for the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy had decided to organize one. So I did. I reached out to EllaEnchanted for some advice on how to organize a PCG meet and that was it!

Check your cruise meets thread and see if anyone has decided to organize one. If no one has, you can always organize it. That was how I attended my first pink champagne girls event. I had read about them and wanted to attend one but no one on our cruise meets thread for the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy had decided to organize one. So I did. I reached out to EllaEnchanted for some advice on how to organize a PCG meet and that was it!

Terrie, could you share some details? I adore the idea, and we have a few gals on our Feb voyage that I think we could do it. I gather you organize a private tasting THROUGH DCL...is that right? Or, does everyone just bring a bottle (or four :rotfl:) and share them all in a semi-public area?
TIA!!

The idea for our first CG's on the Panama cruise was just for a bunch of friends to get together and enjoy some bubbly and each others company... princess:

Just make sure you wear pink! (and take pics...)

I have been getting a lot of requests for information about hosting a Champagne Girls event. So I thought I would post it here for everyone to share.

There’s two ways you can do this.....having DCL organize it for you OR organize it yourself, but you have to buy DCL champagne. I organized it myself, but the maiden voyage of the Fantasy had a CG tasting also but they let DCL organize it.

I request a room onboard about a month before sailing.

Here's my contact at DCL:

David.T.Gadson
Group Services & Sales Manager
Disney Cruise Line
Phone: 407 566-7043
Fax: 407 566-7739

DCL made a new rule, no money can exchange hands onboard. So I had to ask everyone to pay in advance. They sent me checks and used paypal. It helped offset the total cost somewhat, but I still paid for a good portion of the bill. I also provide pink feather boas and pink feathered tiaras so everyone can match. Everyone must wear pink. Then we take a group picture.

When I get onboard, I meet with someone that David told me to contact in Food and Beverages and order my champagne for the event. I request a sommelier to discuss the champagnes that we’re drinking. I ask for tables to be set up for check in. I give everyone a name badge and ask them to take a boa and tiara.

If you want DCL to pick the champagne and have a sommelier discuss the champagnes......they will ask for a list of all the ladies and their SR #s. They will charge each person $20 on their KTTW card.

A third choice would be If you all choose to bring your own champagne, DCL will charge you a corking fee of $20 per bottle.

It’s entirely up to you as to how you want to organize it. Everyone who does one, does it differently. This was my 4th time doing it and it has been different each time. Others have done them their own way on other cruises that I was not on.

I hope this helps get you started. Pick a way that you want to do yours and have fun with it. That’s the whole point of it.

OK Sorry!! I've should've gone through THIS whole thread...I must've perused a different one prior!
I am going to keep reading, but still have some costing questions...don't want to get hit with a sizable bill unexpectedly!

Terrie, could you share some details? I adore the idea, and we have a few gals on our Feb voyage that I think we could do it. I gather you organize a private tasting THROUGH DCL...is that right? Or, does everyone just bring a bottle (or four :rotfl:) and share them all in a semi-public area?
TIA!!

I see you found EllaEnchanted's instructions. Each time I have organized one it was by arranging a a private tasting through DCL at their request in order to arrange it with them. I was asked to have a minimum of 25 participants and DCL charged their staterooms $20 for each participant.

You can also do the "everyone bring a bottle" and meet somewhere. I attended a wine tasting organized this way on one of the DVC member cruises that was put together by someone on the cruise meets thread. Everyone brought a bottle of wine and we all shared what we brought. This group wound up making such a connection that the 30 of us now regularly cruise and vacation together. All 30 something of us are going on the Alaska cruise next year :yay:

I have also organized a couple of adults only "pajama party nightcaps" at the adult pool area in this same manner. The rules were bring your favorite nightcap, whether it is a nice brandy or a warm glass of milk, wear some "family friendly" jammies and meet by the adult pool, relax and have a good time.

I have also organized a couple of adults only "pajama party nightcaps" at the adult pool area in this same manner. The rules were bring your favorite nightcap, whether it is a nice brandy or a warm glass of milk, wear some "family friendly" jammies and meet by the adult pool, relax and have a good time.

This is an awesome idea!!!! And sounds like a ton of fun:goodvibes

On the longer 2 week cruise... we had after midnight parties in the laundry rooms... that's because it was the only time we could all get washers! :rotfl:

It does help to have someone's room near the laundry room... for room service...

I see you found EllaEnchanted's instructions. Each time I have organized one it was by arranging a a private tasting through DCL at their request in order to arrange it with them. I was asked to have a minimum of 25 participants and DCL charged their staterooms $20 for each participant.

You can also do the "everyone bring a bottle" and meet somewhere. I attended a wine tasting organized this way on one of the DVC member cruises that was put together by someone on the cruise meets thread. Everyone brought a bottle of wine and we all shared what we brought. This group wound up making such a connection that the 30 of us now regularly cruise and vacation together. All 30 something of us are going on the Alaska cruise next year :yay:

So, my question is, where on the Fantasy would be a good venue for the "everyone BYO" option? I don't want to be getting in trouble for organizing a big ole' rule-breaking party :rotfl: I really want to do this, but we only have about 10 people…thoughts?
OH, and does anyone have the link to the champagne menu handy?
Thanks again!!

So, my question is, where on the Fantasy would be a good venue for the "everyone BYO" option? I don't want to be getting in trouble for organizing a big ole' rule-breaking party :rotfl: I really want to do this, but we only have about 10 people&thoughts?
OH, and does anyone have the link to the champagne menu handy?
Thanks again!!

A bunch of us on the last Fantasy cruise booked our staterooms side by side on the aft of the ship so we could have connecting balconies. This worked out nicely for get togethers and tasting my new Butterbeer Martini concoction that I promised our group I'd come up with after a trip to Wizarding World of Harry Potter :lmao: If anyone in your group has connecting balconies that would be an option.

If nothing is going on in the Outlook lounge on deck 14 that would be a good spot. La Piazza in the District Lounge would be another possibility.

Wow! How have I never heard of this before? Anyone on the Feb. 21st Wonder trip interested? I'll have to post on our cruise thread too! :thumbsup2

Hi all fellow PCGs! I am organizing my second group (1st was the Dream 5/12/13 sailing) and we leave Jan 20 on the Magic! Anyone sailing with us and interested, pm your stateroom number and I'll get an invitation to you. We do the BYO- variety- champagne, boa, tiara, whatever.
Ella enchanted- how do I get you CG signature??
TIA-
Audrey

Hi Girls!

Wondering if anyone knows; if you buy bottles from room service/bars/etc can you take them to other locations to enjoy on the Fantasy? Considering Meridien or Currents out on deck. :confused3
I think indoors that DLounge or Outlook might work, but hoping for soothing outdoors if we don't have enough participants for the DCL tasting :scratching

Would also love to hear about any recent PGCs!!

If you purchase any bottles from the duty Free shop onboard they hold it until the end of the cruise. If you purchase any bottles from bars, through room service, etc. you can take that elsewhere.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter