Calling all Tangerine Cafe fans...

catne

DIS Veteran
We've never been...trying it out this September! So tell me, what's the best lunch & dessert there?

I love the place...but it's Tangierine, not Tangerine. Named after the city of Tangier, not the citrus fruit. Although maybe the fruit was named after the city too.

I like the schwarma wraps, but that's just because there's no way I am paying $15 for a platter (the combo lamb/chicken platter does cost that much!) The wrap is quite a lot of food. I like both the lamb and chicken but am partial to chicken.

I don't ever get dessert though. If you're on the dining plan, I understand your only dessert option is baklava. While I do like baklava, I've never tried theirs.

I also like the vegetarian platter which doesn't cost $15.

We love this place! DH is a huge fan of their meatballs, saffron rice and olive salad. My favorite is the falafel wrap, lentil salad, couscous and taboleh......cannot wait to go back and try the tangerine daquiri.

There are a ton of pics of these items and many more items from our March/April trip in my signature

We like the platters but last time we tried the Mediterranean speciality which is meatballs with yellow rice. It was really good. Dh and I fought over it the whole time. Dh said the baklava wasn't bad not the best but was good. This is one of our favorite CS in Epcot. We've actually gotten our family turned on to it.

We love this place! DH is a huge fan of their meatballs, saffron rice and olive salad. My favorite is the falafel wrap, lentil salad, couscous and taboleh......cannot wait to go back and try the tangerine daquiri.

There are a ton of pics of these items and many more items from our March/April trip in my signature

AWESOME reviews/pics:thumbsup2 ...I don't know how I missed those before. Now I have to go read the whole thread! Love the pictures...drooling all over my computer (I'm dieting to get ready for September...so it's real torture to look at those pics, but in the interest of Disney Food Education, I'll suffer through!:rotfl: )

We love the chicken/lamb swarma platter. In fact that's the only thing we ever get there.

I usually do the vegetarian plate.....and it is always good.. The last time I went there though I did think that the outer area where the tables were just was not as clean as I remembered... maybe the castmembers do not have enough time between cooking and serving to get out there and police those tables...

thanks, everyone...we are really looking forward to trying this CS. We did have ressies for the Restaurant Marrakesh, but decided to try The Wave instead. So going to the Tangierine Cafe is our consolation prize!

While the combo chicken/lamb platter is kind of pricey, it's got quite a bit of food, so it would be good for sharing.

I really like the lamb shawarma platter - it's only $11.95 and has more food than I could possibly eat. We always share.

I've also had the vegetarian plate which is $9 and also very very good.

does anyone know if the lamb schwarma platter (spelling?) is on the DDP as an entree for counter service? I remember reading somewhere that some of the Epcot restaurants get selective about what counts for DDP?

does anyone know if the lamb schwarma platter (spelling?) is on the DDP as an entree for counter service? I remember reading somewhere that some of the Epcot restaurants get selective about what counts for DDP?

Yes, we've had the lamb/chicken schwarma platter several times on the DDP. They give you a large soda, but the only dessert option for the DDP is the plain baklava. It's very good though and an excellent value on the DDP.

Where did you hear that the Epcot restaurants get selective about what counts for DDP? I've used the DDP plan five times and the DxDDP once and have never had any problems using it at Epcot. I know you could not get sushi as an appetizer at the old Tempanyaki (forgot the new name) and at the French Bakery you can only get a medium soda. Also at the French bakery a snack includes only a soda or a 'sweet pastry' (you can't get a cheese plate or savory pastry for a snack credit). Other than those, there are no restrictions that I am aware of. At the French bakery you can get a medium soda, any 'savory item, and any 'sweet item' for a CS credit. I've ordered the most expensive things on the menu at both Le Cellier and Tutto Italia with no problem. At the Norwegian bakery you can even get a cup of soup, plus a sandwich, a large soda, and any of their pastries for a CS credit. I've done it several times and only had one CM say that he had to check about the soup being included. The guy behind the counter yelled out that yes people on the DDP can get soup with their sandwich, but they have to ask for it. We even used our DDP during the food and wine festival last year and was able to get $6.00 lobster rolls for a snack credit.

The schwarma platter is great!

WDW07064.jpg

WOW!!! That does look like a lot of food....definitely enough to share....and darn you for making me crave it now!!!

Is that the lamb onthe right...what is that on the left and what is that ball of ice cream looking thing????

:yay: :yay:
This is my favorite there. Its yummy. Even my 7 yr old likes it.
This CS is a must do for me. My mouth is watering already.
On a side note
The falafel is great but I think that Mara's at the AKL is better.

Is that the lamb onthe right...what is that on the left and what is that ball of ice cream looking thing????

The "ice cream" is hummus. ;)

Another big fan of the lamb schwarma platter. I love their tabbuleh and now I'm craving some. Often DH and I will split one.

I've never had dessert there--I always have to save room for a crepe in France.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter