Calling all On Site experts!!!

Carrieberry

<font color=9999CC>Has to post on the right thread
I need some info so I know what to expect when we go to Universal in November. We have ressies at the HRH and I am just wondering a few things.

When you charge to your room, I know it is on the room key/ plastic ID card given to you, but is there a pre set limit like at Disney? How is it done if it is different? Do they charge you one lump sum at check out? Is there express check out?Are there any places on Universal property where you can't use your room charge (aside from snack carts of course)?

I was told there was places both at PBH and HRH to rent a car for the day. Anyone know what company it is and if there are discounts available? What is the general price range if rented at the hotel?

How close is the HRH (walking) to City Walk?

What is the PS situation like at the restaurants? Do you make them in advance, or just show up and show them your resort Id card and your wait is minimal? Any places we absolutely have to have PS for before we arrive? How long out can you do this? Is there a specific day mark like 60 days out?

Thanks!

Carrie
LOL.gif

wave.gif

I have taken the walk from Citywalk to HRH. The walk is about 5 minutes. If you are standing in the Kidzone at USF, you can almost throw a rock and hit the hotel. I wouldn't advise doing that since secruity will probably throw you out of the park. :) If you don't want to walk, you can take the water taxi over.

guy.gif

Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

I can help with a few questions.

When you charge to your room, I know it is on the room key/ plastic ID card given to you, but is there a pre set limit like at Disney? How is it done if it is different? Do they charge you one lump sum at check out? Is there express check out?Are there any places on Universal property where you can't use your room charge (aside from snack carts of course)?

I dont think they have pre set limits. You check in give a CC and as you charge to your room the charge is charged out against your card. Thats what they did at Portofino when I was just there.I think they actually dont charge it out till you check out but it is held against your account.When I checked out and paid cash for my balance the amount they held did not go back onto my card for a few days. Yes they express check out. You can use your room card at any location that accepts credit cards in the parks and the hotels.Including City Walk.

I was told there was places both at PBH and HRH to rent a car for the day. Anyone know what company it is and if there are discounts available? What is the general price range if rented at the hotel?

I checked into this before our stay as well. I cant remember but I believe it was $50 a day to rent from the hotel. Not including taxes and fuel.We opted for Tiffany instead. That was for a mid size car.

How close is the HRH (walking) to City Walk?

Barry answered!

What is the PS situation like at the restaurants? Do you make them in advance, or just show up and show them your resort Id card and your wait is minimal? Any places we absolutely have to have PS for before we arrive? How long out can you do this? Is there a specific day mark like 60 days out?

If you are staying onsite it wasnt necessary to make any ressies. Emeril's is the exception. All other restaurants in parks and hotels offered priority seating next available table up to a 15 minute wait.I did however make a reservation at Confisco's for the character lunch. I did it the same day we ate there upon entering the park. I just felt better knowing we had a confirmed reservation for the time we wanted. It probably wasnt necessary. We did go off season (Dec 7-11) and didnt have a problem getting to eat anyplace we desired. That included Emeril's!! No reservation and we walked in 3 times just to see what would happen on different days and all 3 times we could have been seated at the bar immediately or wait 1-1 1/2 for a table. Many people make reservations and are no shows.
Hope this helped some! Wish I was planning again

:D

jessica5.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter