Calling all Disney dorks "What's a must have item when departing WDW?"

I collect the Disney plates so that's my must have. I even get family members to bring me one when they go and yes I give them the money to buy it.

I'm addicted to Disney Salt Water Taffy. Just love it. Oddly, I don't buy it anywhere else but I always come home from WDW with enought to last a few weeks.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Tea towels, pens, note pads. I also love kitchen things, so I have lots of kitchen utensils. Actually I made pancakes this morning with the mickey head pancake shape thing.

Did you reply to the wrong post? :confused3
That's what I was thinking....but maybe the word dork is what she's talking about. If you look it up it means all sorts of stuff, depending on which dictionary you use. One of the definitions seems to be socially inept person, so maybe that's why it's offensive to her.

Some Mickey Head Krispy treats for the ride home!
My husband has so many rice krispie treats by the end of the trip for desserts and snacks that you'd think he would be tired of them...but nope. He gets two big bricks of krispie treats before we leave and I put them in ziplocks for him to eat the next couple of days LOL and the drive home.

I also do Christmas ornaments, at some point I will have a Disney tree!:thumbsup2
Seems a lot of people get an ornament every year, add us to that list ;)

Hotel reservations for my next trip!

That has to be the best thing in the world to bring back from your current vacation ;) Last year we actually had FD booked before we even left for this vacation....made checking out even easier knowing we'd definitely be back.

My DH likes to pick out a new glass and get the beach towel out for the current year. I like to bring home the cups they put in our resort room. I kind of stock up on them so that I can use them every now and then at home. Just puts a little magic into my day while I wait to return to the World!!!pixiedust:
That's funny about the cups....we always grab napkins when we eat in the food court and if we grabbed too many I just put them in my bag to use later. I know that they won't put them back in the napkin dispenser and to throw them away seems wrong....with 5 children I figure we'll always need a napkin. Funny though, by the end of the trip I have so many extra napkins in a ziplock in my bag, that I bring them home. I pack one in DH's lunch bag, and we pull them out to put sandwiches on or cookies/snacks. It's nice to have something as simple as a Disney napkin to put a smile on your face....same with cups :)

DH-
DS- 200 dollars worth of crap he doesn't need. His Grandpa gives him 200 each trip and he can have whatever he wants with it.
Funny, when our oldest would take money when they were younger it was always spent at the Lego store in DTD. Not exactly 'Disney' to me....but they can still tell you which sets of Legos they got at Disney World.

I love to bring home the popcorn buckets from the parks.
My dds bring the popcorn buckets home too, they love them....I'm glad they are taken by something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and is so useful.

We have never been, but I plan on coming back with a photo album to put images from our trip inside and a photo frame with the year.
Usually the gift shops have some sort of 'buy this get that' promotion at the register. A few times it's been a frame and I have to say I've used them even though I'm not much of a character frame type person....so now I try to buy one if they aren't giving one away as a promotional item. I don't care so much for the plastic ones that you get on rides, but the ones in the gift shops are a great way to display your Disney photos.

Having the WDW ornaments and kitchen utinsels at home makes me feel like Disney is with me all year round! :woohoo:
Us too, we have the Disney red and black egg timer and in the welcome basket this year I had Betsy add a Mickey shaped muffin pan....for me :) I like to make muffins some mornings and really, what's better than a Mickey muffin, I bet just the shape of it makes it taste 10x's better LOL When I was younger, teen years...my dad decided to get me a hope chest and fill it full of kitchen stuff for my graduation. Included in all of it was a Mickey/Minnie waffle/sandwich maker, we'd not even been to Disney so not sure why he chose that one. Anyhow....it's been the most fun item. The kids know they get Mickey Minnie waffles or pies or grilled/toasted sandwiches the day before we leave. I'm going to miss that thing when it dies :(

Christmas ornament, a kitchen doodad, an assortment of those prepackaged big cookies:)

That's funny about the cups....we always grab napkins when we eat in the food court and if we grabbed too many I just put them in my bag to use later. I know that they won't put them back in the napkin dispenser and to throw them away seems wrong....with 5 children I figure we'll always need a napkin. Funny though, by the end of the trip I have so many extra napkins in a ziplock in my bag, that I bring them home. I pack one in DH's lunch bag, and we pull them out to put sandwiches on or cookies/snacks. It's nice to have something as simple as a Disney napkin to put a smile on your face....same with cups :)

Funny, when our oldest would take money when they were younger it was always spent at the Lego store in DTD. Not exactly 'Disney' to me....but they can still tell you which sets of Legos they got at Disney World.

My dds bring the popcorn buckets home too, they love them....I'm glad they are taken by something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and is so useful.

Usually the gift shops have some sort of 'buy this get that' promotion at the register. A few times it's been a frame and I have to say I've used them even though I'm not much of a character frame type person....so now I try to buy one if they aren't giving one away as a promotional item. I don't care so much for the plastic ones that you get on rides, but the ones in the gift shops are a great way to display your Disney photos.

Us too, we have the Disney red and black egg timer and in the welcome basket this year I had Betsy add a Mickey shaped muffin pan....for me :) I like to make muffins some mornings and really, what's better than a Mickey muffin, I bet just the shape of it makes it taste 10x's better LOL When I was younger, teen years...my dad decided to get me a hope chest and fill it full of kitchen stuff for my graduation. Included in all of it was a Mickey/Minnie waffle/sandwich maker, we'd not even been to Disney so not sure why he chose that one. Anyhow....it's been the most fun item. The kids know they get Mickey Minnie waffles or pies or grilled/toasted sandwiches the day before we leave. I'm going to miss that thing when it dies :(

So where do I get one of these Mickey muffin pans??

I agree with several previous posters, I always get a Christmas ornament that reflects the year. If anything new has opened during that year and it has a special ornament, I also buy that ornament. I also pick up Mickey pens and something for my kitchen every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter