Calling all Disney dorks "What's a must have item when departing WDW?"

Always Christmas ornaments, I generally get one for each kid and one for the family tree.

My DH always gets a new baseball hat, usually a golf hat with swinging Mickey on it.

Always Christmas ornaments, I generally get one for each kid and one for the family tree.

My DH always gets a new baseball hat, usually a golf hat with swinging Mickey on it.

My DH also, exactly--and this yr at POLY/Boutiki he got an awesome money clip and some more Oakley sunglasses, same exact stuff every year for him.:)

Your children are beautiful!!

I forgot I also bought a picture of Walt drawing Mickey (blk & white) with Mickey looking under his arm (color) at him drawing it! One of my favorites yet! Oh and Mickey head chips & dip dish and a big brightly colored orange bowl with mickey on it.:thumbsup2

Ornament, for sure, and either a jacket or blanket (my favorite is a soft blanket with the castle on it...we use it every day!)

I always get a photo album for each year. I really like the ornament idea. I think I may need to start that new tradition.

Some of our "souvie traditions" have changed over the years. Used to get a photo album, but now I have our pics made into photo books from shutterfly or snapfish. Have been getting an ornament the last few years, will continue that. Last year I got Mickey salt & pepper grinders and I plan to make a kitchen thing a new tradition. And I always bring home the pens from the hotel room and all the extra napkins we collect. And the paper plates from our DVC villa. We save those for special occasions, like it better than the "good china"!!!

Also, this year I hope to get a wind chime from AK. Saw them last year and loved their sound. I didn't get them because I thought they were expensive, but after shopping around I have found that they are actually reasonable. Can get cheaper but they don't sound nearly as pretty.

Also, this year I hope to get a wind chime from AK. Saw them last year and loved their sound. I didn't get them because I thought they were expensive, but after shopping around I have found that they are actually reasonable. Can get cheaper but they don't sound nearly as pretty.

I forgot, I bought a wooden wind chime from AK next to Kali River Rapids (I think) last visit, thx for reminding me. I love it, I have it on patio and enjoy it very much. This last trip I literally went CRAZY, since we drove, I bought everything I've always wanted- Oh and the Pièce de résistance was my 40th Anniversary Dooney & Bourke large purse, how could I forget to mention that!!!!Also some zebra salad forks at AK.:wizard::cool1:

I forgot I also bought a picture of Walt drawing Mickey (blk & white) with Mickey looking under his arm (color) at him drawing it!

We have the one with Mickey sitting on a plain 4-legged stool looking in the mirror yet drawing Walt.

Where & when did you get yours? It sounds like a great complement to ours. :thumbsup2We purchased ours about 5 years ago in the Disney Art store at DTD.

Thanks,
Dan

We have the one with Mickey sitting on a plain 4-legged stool looking in the mirror yet drawing Walt.

Where & when did you get yours? It sounds like a great complement to ours. :thumbsup2We purchased ours about 5 years ago in the Disney Art store at DTD.

Thanks,
Dan

Hello Dan, We bought ours at the exact store, July 24, 2011-I almost bought the one you have, it was between the two. Its awesome, I will try to take a picture and post it for you, I love it, I just couldn't leave the store without it!:thumbsup2

A photo album with the year on it and WDW. I bought (and filled) 2 from our 1st trip in July.

Hello Dan, We bought ours at the exact store, July 24, 2011-I almost bought the one you have, it was between the two. Its awesome, I will try to take a picture and post it for you, I love it, I just couldn't leave the store without it!:thumbsup2

Hi logpey,

That is great to know.

I'll look out for it when we return next spring.

Dan

Disney treats/snacks. We stock up on items from the confectionery to bring home. It makes the transition to the real world a little easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter