Call your shot (NBA)

The stories about the GS minority owner shoving a Toronto player and the Beyonce incident were all I knew about this series. I wasn't aware until this morning that Toronto was up 3-1 in games.

Well, if the Maple Leafs can't win, I'll root for the Raptors.

Everyone just says NBA Champions/NBA Championship. The trophy's name is like some toy left in a basement box. Name, not trophy.

Give that win to Nick Nurse. Excellent adjustments. The man absolutely excels at adjustments.

Casey used to drive me cuckoo for cocoa pops.

I wanted to tape the noise level in my neighbourhood at the end of the game. It was insane. And so much fun. People on the street. On balconies. Nice memory.

Here's my lucky view out my window -- I will be losing part of it soon (new construction) -

Phew! I’m glad I missed it. You’re welcome everyone. :p

Drake would be proud of his biggest fan. Insert wink.

Thank you for taking one for the team.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the info. Although I couldn't name a Canadian sports broadcaster if my life depended on it, I'm sure Jack is a fine one!

Jack isn't from Boston. He's from NYC - born in Brooklyn I believe. But get this Annette - He settled just outside in Buffalo and commutes for the games.

@kimblebee

I don't know if you were referring to Mark Jackson or Van Gundy. If it's the latter - he is my dream man. Which many around me find hysterical.

---------------

I adore Jack Armstrong, especially when he gets scrappy.

I also miss Chuck Swirsky. American broadcaster who got his Canadian citizenship while with the Raptors. But then went back to Chicago??. Don't know why - possibly family decisions as he obviously loved it here, getting his citizenship.

Tomorrow is beautiful. 75 and sunny. Monday is crappy weather. Hopefully we are celebrating in the rain!!!!!

But focusing game by game - the Warriors are a comin' for us.

And glad a ref had the balls to T-up Green last night.

I don't know how many he is away from a game off. I went to look and read that he wants technicals to restart each playoff round.

I bet he does. :rotfl2:

Jack isn't from Boston. He's from NYC - born in Brooklyn I believe. But get this Annette - He settled just outside in Buffalo and commutes for the games.

Tomorrow is beautiful. 75 and sunny. Monday is crappy weather. Hopefully we are celebrating in the rain!!!!!

But focusing game by game - the Warriors are a comin' for us.
:confused: So what would that be like - maybe like going from Edmonton to Calgary with a border crossing each way? Not the end of the world when you only work a few days a week for a few months of the year I guess.

Regarding the Warriors - if they failed to hang on to last night's lead when the Raptors were shooting like jr. high girls and turning over the ball like it was greased, well, I'm not very scared. Winning last night proves clearly that God is on our side!! :rotfl2:

Even their fans seem to sense it. Way to demoralize your team by everybody bailing out with time still on the clock. :sad2:

:confused: So what would that be like - maybe like going from Edmonton to Calgary with a border crossing each way? Not the end of the world when you only work a few days a week for a few months of the year I guess.

Regarding the Warriors - if they failed to hang on to last night's lead when the Raptors were shooting like jr. high girls and turning over the ball like it was greased, well, I'm not very scared. Winning last night proves clearly that God is on our side!! :rotfl2:

Even their fans seem to sense it. Way to demoralize your team by everybody bailing out with time still on the clock. :sad2:

That struck me too. Not only because they don’t seem like true fans, but it probably cost a lot of money to get a ticket to the game. Stay and enjoy every second of it. When the Jets 1.0 were sold, and even before that, we used to be able to get tickets for $7. $7 LOL Even then I stayed to the last second. It should be about the experience, good or bad.

That struck me too. Not only because they don’t seem like true fans, but it probably cost a lot of money to get a ticket to the game. Stay and enjoy every second of it. When the Jets 1.0 were sold, and even before that, we used to be able to get tickets for $7. $7 LOL Even then I stayed to the last second. It should be about the experience, good or bad.
As you have rightly pointed out before, I'm not "into" sports, not at all, so my thoughts towards these things come from what might be weird places. Jumping on a bandwagon is a very sentimental for me and it actually appalled me to watch all those people turn their backs and walk out of the arena. :sad1:

I know nothing about the crowds at basketball playoff games. But I'm guessing for the finals in Golden State, there is a large contingent of the Silicon Valley Millionaire's Club there to see and be seen rather than to watch the game. I wouldn't be surprised with their success over the last five or so years that the Warriors increased ticket prices 100% or more, pricing out the "true" fans.

I'm probably a jinx so I won't be watching Game 5 on Monday. I'll check later in the evening and if the Raptors have a comfortable lead, I'll watch the last five minutes.

Less time on that commute. I am assuming Calgary to Edmonton is about 2. 5? 3?

It is the weather/border/traffic that kills me. But then again you are absolutely right with scheduling and add in away games not being a part of it.

And there's Nexus!

As for the game -

The Raptors had amazing composure and ball movement in the second half. And solid defense. This has nada to do with me cheering for them.

As for the first half one would have thought we were down by 15/20 with our play. But I think the most was seven.

The composure alone was incredible.so I guess it is God and skill. I will take it.

People walk out all the time, especially when they are pissed off. Even in the finals.

I’m watching this just to see the history but basketball is definitely not my sport.

It’s too frustrating to see a team be up by 13 then down by 6 and then up by 9 and then down by 2. Give me a 5-2 hockey game with three minutes in the third any day.

go like the whole series depends on next game North, if they win next one, they wont loose again in GS and game 7, even though its in your place they will have the big Mo

go like the whole series depends on next game North, if they win next one, they wont loose again in GS and game 7, even though its in your place they will have the big Mo

Well here we go!

Yep this is THE GAME low-key. I have no wish to revisit Oakland.

Talk of the scrawny assassin playing. We shall see, who knows until we see him on the floor. Oh the drama. :rotfl2::thumbsup2

I want him there 100%. And we are 2-0 with him, regular season. But this is the playoffs - different beast.

He is a game changer for sure. But bring it on.

Lots of familiar faces - Grunwald, Junkyard Dog.

Lots of memories.

It really doesn't feel like almost a quarter of a century. Oh man.

Lots of familiar faces - Grunwald, Junkyard Dog.

Lots of memories.

It really doesn't feel like almost a quarter of a century. Oh man.

Did the Junkyard Dog come back to life and start playing basketball? Maybe I do have to watch the whole game tonight LOL

Did the Junkyard Dog come back to life and start playing basketball? Maybe I do have to watch the whole game tonight LOL

He did! Isn't that magical? :rotfl2:

But he wanted to separate the junk from the yard.

Former player Jerome Williams.- Junk Yard Dog.

Last edited:
Wall to wall coverage on all media, all day.. the excitement is off the chain.

I’ve felt Rap’s in 6 since the start of the finals, but.... at home in 5 would be even better!

As far as KD playing tonight goes, it would certainly take away that persistent shadow of only winning the championship because GSW was at a disadvantage due to injuries. With that said... Go Raptors Go!! Keep doing all the things you’ve been doing & you’ve got this 🙂

We The North 🏀🇨🇦

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter