• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill - excellent all around

jjupiter

Earning My Ears
My DH and I went to Disney for the weekend for a celebration trip. Last night we had dinner at the California Grill. Our reservations were for 5:40p.m. - we arrived early and after quickly checking in we had a drink in the lounge. It was a beautiful view as you could see the beginning of what was to be a beautiful sunset.

We were seated with a view of the Magic Kingdom. While we were not there long enough to see Wishes we did see the sunset and the lights come on in the Magic Kingdom. I love to see the castle and all of the colors.

Our server was Ryan - he was excellent - he did a great job describing the selections and was very personable and efficient waiter.

We started off with the mushroom flatbread. It was excellent - the mushrooms were very tasty. We then had the Spicy Sensation sushi - again fabulous. Yoshi (sp?) the sushi chef was touted during the description of the menu and she more than lived up to expectations.

We had a bottle of the Gary Ferrell Chardonnay which was excellent.

For my entree I had the Alaskan Cod with duck ravioli bok choy and ****ake mushroom. It was also excellent. My husband had the filet. I tasted a bit and it was good too.

For dessert my husband had the valhrona chocolate cake with the peanut butter ice cream. I had the cheese selcetion - it was outstanding. I choose the Bergblume, Brillat Savarin and Humbolt Fog. All were excellent but my favorite was the Brillat Savarin. I has the cheese with a glass of ice wine.

Overall this was an excellent meal - great food, great service, great atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!

Great review - still lol that you can't say S - H - I - T - A - K - E mushrooms!!!:rotfl2:

My DH and I went to Disney for the weekend for a celebration trip. Last night we had dinner at the California Grill. Our reservations were for 5:40p.m. - we arrived early and after quickly checking in we had a drink in the lounge. It was a beautiful view as you could see the beginning of what was to be a beautiful sunset.

We were seated with a view of the Magic Kingdom. While we were not there long enough to see Wishes we did see the sunset and the lights come on in the Magic Kingdom. I love to see the castle and all of the colors.

Our server was Ryan - he was excellent - he did a great job describing the selections and was very personable and efficient waiter.

We started off with the mushroom flatbread. It was excellent - the mushrooms were very tasty. We then had the Spicy Sensation sushi - again fabulous. Yoshi (sp?) the sushi chef was touted during the description of the menu and she more than lived up to expectations.

We had a bottle of the Gary Ferrell Chardonnay which was excellent.

For my entree I had the Alaskan Cod with duck ravioli bok choy and ****ake mushroom. It was also excellent. My husband had the filet. I tasted a bit and it was good too.

For dessert my husband had the valhrona chocolate cake with the peanut butter ice cream. I had the cheese selcetion - it was outstanding. I choose the Bergblume, Brillat Savarin and Humbolt Fog. All were excellent but my favorite was the Brillat Savarin. I has the cheese with a glass of ice wine.

Overall this was an excellent meal - great food, great service, great atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!
I agree Ryan is terrific. The food, service and atmosphere is outstanding. I'm glad you enjoyed your evening!

That sounds wonderful! Ending your meal with the cheese & a glass of ice wine is genuis!:thumbsup2

We have had two wonderful dinners at the CG - it is the most wonderful location, spectaular view, and best food we've had on site hands down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter