CAD $$

It actually has to do with multiple things. You can put their Covid response in there as well as the upcoming election however you have to also look at the things going on in government right now. That is a larger part of this. A big thing there is the Afghanistan stuff. That will affect confidence in the US and that drives their dollar to a large part.

It used to drive me insane, an employee I worked with told people who commented on the exchange rate that it had to do with the fact there was a long weekend coming up. He told them it always went up when a long weekend came about because the banks knew people would want it. I don't know if he found this answer easier or just didn't understand why the dollar moved. We were both in the banking system. He was only there a few years and left while I stayed over 30 years. Finance is very interesting and baffling all at the same time. What moves a dollar is, well, everything.
The real reason is because we have a trip coming up (to the Bahamas, but everything will be charged in USD). Without fail, every time we go on a trip, the dollar tanks.

(I hope it was obvious that I'm only joking)

I am very thankful I bought bank stock on the CDN exchange and then sold it on the US side back when the dollar was a bit better a month or two ago. So we are good for at least a few trips with flights in CDN$, any offsite hotels in CDN$ and AP's already bought.

EDIT: For anyone who didn't realize or follow what I was saying, by doing this it allows foreign exchange without fees or losing any kind of spread from the market rate to a banks/foreign exchange offices rates. Plus I made some money on the stock trade too, lol.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter