Cabin inspections??

Winchester24

Mouseketeer
DH are in a cabin on our honeymoon as I am typing this. We were at F&W for a few hours, came back and less than a minute later someone was banging on our cabin door. The do not disturb sign was on the handle, but as I started walking toward the door the banging stopped and the handle started turning. I opened the door and there was a man standing on our deck. He said he was with Disney housekeeping and needed to do an inspection of the cabin. Before he could take a step into the cabin DH came up behind me and asked if he could help him. He repeated that he was with housekeeping and maintenance and wanted to know if he could get us any towels or anything. We said no and shut the door. DH went to put his shoes back on to follow him outside and by the time he got out there he was gone. I never saw a car, a housekeeping cart, or a golf cart, but he was wearing what looked like a valid WDW name tag and reflective vest. It was really strange. What really bothered me was that if we hadn't been in here he was just going to come in anyway. Is this normal?

This is done for security reasons. And done at all the resort hotels on property as well.

After the shooter in Las Vegas was in his room for days stocking up to do his evil act, he turned down housekeeping so no one could see what he was preparing to do. Now even if you don't want the room serviced, they want to lay eyeballs inside even briefly and ensure things look normal.

It's becoming common in the hotel industry for the reasons given.

Bama Ed

PS - and yes congrats from me too :bride: :groom:

Last edited:

This is done for security reasons. And done at all the resort hotels on property as well.

After the shooter in Las Vegas was in his room for days stocking up to do his evil act, he turned down housekeeping so no one could see what he was preparing to do. Now even if you don't want the room serviced, they want to lay eyeballs inside even briefly and ensure things look normal.

It's becoming common in the hotel industry for the reasons given.

Bama Ed

PS - and yes congrats from me too :bride: :groom:
Thank you! I get it, but man is it unsettling when you are in the cabin when it happens. They had cleaned the cabin the day before and the only reason we threw the do not disturb sign up yesterday is because it was past 2:00 when we came back and they hadn't cleaned it yet. We were exhausted from fighting the heat and the masses at F&W (we will never do that on a weekend again!) and just wanted to cool off and relax without worrying about them walking in. So much for that...lol

I believe the signs are “Room Occupied “ not “Do Not Disturb” now due to the security checks as mentioned previously hence the reason for the knocking on the door. This is one reason why when we are in the room the latch goes on.

About a year ago this policy went into effect. All rooms have to be inspected at some point every day, because of what happened with the Vegas shooting.

About a year ago this policy went into effect. All rooms have to be inspected at some point every day, because of what happened with the Vegas shooting.
That is just so sad. I get it, but I wish they had explained it as well as you all did, hopefully they will get better at that as time goes on.

About 7-8 yrs ago we had housekeeping attempt to enter our DVC room after they had been told 30 minutes before that we would remove the door tag when we were leaving. I wish at the time that I had reported it, live and learn I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter