BWV stand booking brutal

We ran into the same block...Tried getting a Boardwalk view for 10/8-10/12 was not available at the 11 month mark..... People must have been walking a bunch of reservations, we booked a pool/garden view and waitlisted the Boardwalk view.
Last week the waitlist came through for the Boardwalk view, just very annoying to have to go through this now.

Yeah, this morning not only was the 20th gone but the 21st was as well. And then, a few mins later, the 22nd disappeared somehow. BW view was available right at 8am when I clicked but then disappeared in seconds.

Now the 22nd is back as was the 19th so I bumped mine. I have the 17th to 20th. Thinking of going for Nov dates though.

Last edited:
For Sept and Oct, the BWV standard view studio has a lot of missing days, the BWV boardwalk view studio has missing days, but BWV pool/garden and BCV studios have full availability. So I guess owners like cheap rooms and rooms with nice views.

Oh, I still haven't been able to snag a standard view studio.

For Sept and Oct, the BWV standard view studio has a lot of missing days, the BWV boardwalk view studio has missing days, but BWV pool/garden and BCV studios have full availability. So I guess owners like cheap rooms and rooms with nice views.

Oh, I still haven't been able to snag a standard view studio.
I am grabbing as the walkers drop. But my DH is heck bent on NOT going next year. I am going to grab it anyway because he has, in the past, said the same only to then change his mind and want to go at like 4-5 months out (and too late to stay at BW). I am debating on ending up with Nov 1-5 as I have enough points for the 4 weeknights and we can begin our drive down on Halloween and get out of our neighborhood (crazy mess on Halloween). Or I might do later in Nov when DH might go to a conference in New Orleans (conference is Wed to Fri so I was thinking of booking Sun to Wed at BWV...and we fly). The later the better because we have been doing earl Oct and dying in the heat down there.

Well i'm not seeing any BWV rentals for that price online, hand down I haven't been looking that hard. If you as a renter can get a BWV for that price you should take it.

There are BWV points out there for $18. I'm not looking to rent but have considered renting certain resorts at 11 months and then renting mine out to cover the cost, or some of it. Being an owner at AKV I can probably get a better return with a confirmed reservation of a Value Studio than I would renting points so I understand why people do this as owners....I just don't understand why renters will pay such a high premium at times for a hard to get room category when the reason it is hard to get is because it is cheaper. Yes there can be a nice middle ground where an owner makes a bit more and the room is still cheaper than an upgraded view but with the premium some put on these a renter might as well go with the next category up at regular rates.

Congratulations! Yesterday, I was able to modify a BW View studio (10/22-10/29) to a Std. View studio (10/23-10/29). Maybe you picked up some of the days that I dropped!

Congrats! I think this just goes to show that while it does require a little more work, one can still get what they want, even with walking!

I've written off getting a studio anymore. We will be aiming to book our vacations to coincide with Member Magic and almost all of those dates are typically announced too late to have a snowball's chance in summer of getting a studio at our preferred DVC resorts.
I got a boardwalk view BWV last week for a studio for one night for March 3rd. Miracles do happen...stalk

I've written off getting a studio anymore. We will be aiming to book our vacations to coincide with Member Magic and almost all of those dates are typically announced too late to have a snowball's chance in summer of getting a studio at our preferred DVC resorts.
I got a boardwalk view BWV last week for a studio for one night for March 3rd. Miracles do happen...stalk
I got BWV studio on a waitlist started after they announced the MM night for 1/21. I was pretty shocked. Of course I forgot about the 1st registration window :crazy2:, but got lucky today.

Also got a standard 1 bedroom 10/3-9 and a standard studio 10/3-7, had to waitlist part of the studio but it came in in the week.

Got 8 nights in a Garden/Pool View Studio at BWV late May/June. First i got 4 then modify to 5 than 7 and 1 standart view, than waitlist the 8 night to replace the standart with a garden view :-)

Took my about 2 weeks.

So I was grabbing up 3-4 day slots in standard view studio at BWV. Grabbing and then modifying through Sept and Oct with intent to get to end of Oct. I was able to get Oct 30 and 31 but needed Nov 1 as well. On Dec 1 and then Dec 2 it was not available so I put in waitlist. Then I checked 3 times on Dec 3. And the last time, at 7:30pm, it was available (yet my waitlist did not grab it). So I grabbed it and cancelled the waitlist. Seems like folks don't really need to walk. Things open 1-3 days after, as the walkers flip. So if one is flexible on dates and want a stand view studio for F&W, just wait and grab up as the walkers flip.

Last edited:
So I was grabbing up 3-4 day slots in standard view studio at BWV. Grabbing and then modifying through Sept and Oct with intent to get to end of Oct. I was able to get Oct 30 and 31 but needed Nov 1 as well. On Dec 1 and then Dec 2 it was not available so I put in wiatlist. Then I checked 3 times on Dec 3. And the last time, at 7:30pm, it was available (yet my wiatlist did not grab it). So I grabbed it and cancelled the waitlist. Seems like folks don't really need to walk. Things open 1-3 days after, as the walkers flip. So if one is flexible on dates and want a stand view studio for F&W, just wait and grab up as the walkers flip.

Congrats! I agree and when things dont start to open up, then it is no longer walking but people who are booking at the 11 month window,

While it is a bit of a pain, to me, it just means one adjusts how one needs to book! I’d much rather have the ability to stalk and get what I need, then not!

Congrats! I agree and when things dont start to open up, then it is no longer walking but people who are booking at the 11 month window,

While it is a bit of a pain, to me, it just means one adjusts how one needs to book! I’d much rather have the ability to stalk and get what I need, then not!
Me too!

Can someone please explain the concept of "walking" reservations? Is it they get a week long reservation and then move the beginnning and end date up a day each day until they ultimately get their actual reservation?

Can someone please explain the concept of "walking" reservations? Is it they get a week long reservation and then move the beginnning and end date up a day each day until they ultimately get their actual reservation?
Yes but it doesn't have to be done daily, it could be done once every 6 days.

Lets say you want to book Nov 22-29 2020, you could start by trying to book Nov 1-8 if you're successful on the 7th, the last day you have reserved you modify your reservation to Nov 7-14th on the 13th you modify to Nov 13-20 on the 19th you modify to Nov 19-26 and finally on the 22 you modify to Nov 22-29 the dates you wanted all along. Some are under the misconception that you must do this daily, but actually you only need to do it on the last you have reserved as you have that room locked out until then. Don't confuse your last reserved day with your checkout day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!