BWV pool view booked but given standard view?

Looking at Touring Plans room finder, the OPs room is 1135. It is the one bedroom in the lower left hand corner. I'm sure it's this room, if not 2135.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/254/building?hotel=219&filters

When you do a room type filter on the touring plans site for garden view 1 bedroom, this shows up as a garden view.

At least touring plans considers the last four rooms on this side of the building a garden view.

Looking at Touring Plans room finder, the OPs room is 1135. It is the one bedroom in the lower left hand corner. I'm sure it's this room, if not 2135.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/254/building?hotel=219&filters

When you do a room type filter on the touring plans site for garden view 1 bedroom, this shows up as a garden view.

At least touring plans considers the last four rooms on this side of the building a garden view.
Wow, I’m surprised, so maybe it is. I thought all the rooms on that side of the hallway were Standard view.

OP here. We were moved in the morning since it was confirmed as a standard view. It was, indeed, room 1135 as a previous poster had guessed. They should at least cut the height of the bushes down so that you can see something besides the shrubbery while seated. The rooms next door have their bushes about 2-3 feet lower so you can look out onto the pond. The pictures I posted previously were taken while standing.

Last edited:

OP here. We were moved in the morning since it was confirmed as a standard view. It was, indeed, room 1135 as a previous poster had guessed. They should at least cut the height of the bushes down so that you can see something besides the shrubbery while seated. The rooms next door have their bushes about 2-3 feet lower so you can look out onto the pond. The pictures I posted previously were taken while standing.
That strikes me as overly sad, when the guest has to inform the resort that the room is not the paid for view-the room assigner doesn't even know what the correct views are.

Just reviving this thread, because we recently stayed at BWV in a standard view, and it was 3135, view of a tree. Ended up being very peaceful there, easy access to stairs, HS, but what was amusing to us, was my room request made via chat was 'close to lobby,' which translated into farthest room possible from the lobby. Ha. I'm glad OP got it all sorted out and was moved to a garden/water view as booked though.

We were at BWV standard room, and yikes. It was WAY out there. We had a view of the entrance driveway. Could have been worse

Just reviving this thread, because we recently stayed at BWV in a standard view, and it was 3135, view of a tree. Ended up being very peaceful there, easy access to stairs, HS, but what was amusing to us, was my room request made via chat was 'close to lobby,' which translated into farthest room possible from the lobby. Ha. I'm glad OP got it all sorted out and was moved to a garden/water view as booked though.
Every request I've made for BWV has always been nothing close to what I actually receive. I think it's because we usually transfer to BWV from another resort and end up getting there early so they give us something that's ready and far away from my original request.

Every request I've made for BWV has always been nothing close to what I actually receive. I think it's because we usually transfer to BWV from another resort and end up getting there early so they give us something that's ready and far away from my original request.
That's us as well. BWV is not, in my experience, a resort for meeting requests. And it doesn't matter when we check in or arrive. I just don't think its a priority for that resort.

We had a similar experience. We requested close to lobby and got the far end by HS about 3 rooms from the end. We actually ended up liking this location as it was close to the parking lot and we happened to have a car for this particular trip and we had to park towards the back of the lot that was closest to HS. :thumbsup2

I just stayed in 3129 (1 Bedroom standard view) which was basically above the Tennis courts. We requested "close to elevators" through touring plans, maybe they accidentally put "NOT" in front of the request. You guys weren't kidding..those hallways. I did time the walk to HS at 8 mins though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter