• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV or Kidani?

gregsbrat

Mouseketeer
Have to book my April DVC vacation next week and pending their availability, I could have 9 nites at the BWV {std }for 190 pts or Kidani for 186 pts....what would you all do?

I have stayed at Kidani once already and heading back in Dec, but have not stayed at BWV. With that said I would pick BWV. I love the Epcot area and want to try BWV really bad

I have stayed at both and loved both. As far as the hotel atmosphere goes i would say Kidani. But nothing beats the location of the BWV. The one thing i did not like at all was the bus transportation to the other parks from BWV. But your in Disney no matter what deluxe resort you stay it it will be awesome. But for now I will vote for BWV.

You could not have picked two more different villas, it would depend on how many in your party and what size villa studio? 1 or 2 bdrm? If you are talking 4 or more Kidani 1 bdrm sleeps 5 plus has 2 bathrooms, downfall is only transportation is by bus, whereas you can walk or boat to Epcot and DHS from BWV

For myself the saving of only 4 pts would not be the deciding factor, I would go for Kidani if I had small children, BWV for a more adult vacation

Thanks all for the quick replies...it would be just a studio as it is only DH; DS {6 yo} and myself

For myself Kidani would win hands down because I love everything about AKL/AKV. That being said, it really depends on what you are looking for. I can take a bus from Kidani to AK in 5 minutes travel time, or wait 20 + minutes for a bus to pick me up at BWV to then take me to two other resorts before finally leaving for AK. I can take a bus from Kidani and arrive at MK in 20-25 minutes, or wait for 10 to 15 minutes at the BWV for a bus that will take me to 2 other resorts and then finally head to MK, taking an addl 15-20 minutes. Now if I am planning most of my meals at Epcot and want to spend time in World Showcase and at DHS, then Boardwalk is my #1 choice. If I want to get to all parks and not have transportation hassles, I better stay at AKL with dedicated bus service or an MK resort that includes monorail and boat transportation.

We enjoyed both. I would probably head back to the boardwalk area before Kidani again, but I could easily be talked out of it :)

BWV has a much longer slide, but there are more things to do at the Kidani pool.

As mentioned, for general location and food options, BWV wins easily.

As far as I know, BWV doesn't even have a stray cat to match Kidani's savanna.

Enjoy (either).

You may have a hard time getting a BWV standard view @ 7 months. Which view is your Kidani choice?

I'd book my home resort now to make sure you even have anything for your April trip. Don't wait for seven months and maybe not get anything.

I would go with the Boardwalk Villas because in my opinion they have a better theme, overall location, more transportation options and the walkways to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

We loved the BWV. It is so close to EPCOT and HS. A total plus with young ones.

I'd pick kidani forthe pool area.Zero entry pool is nice with young one's. Besides the clown freaks me out:)

I had the exact same dilemma just about a month ago when planning. Ended up deciding on doing a split stay, so that we could experience both. So for our upcoming January trip we were only able to get the first 2 nights at BWV and then the remaining 5 at AKV. I'm not sure I like the idea of a split stay, but there seem to be a lot of people that do it and recommend it. So Im not really sure what advice to give you since I haven't stayed yet at either!=) :confused3

standard view at BWV is very, very hard to get.

so if you can do go for it.

Kidani is not that hard to get.

So my latest plan is possibly to do 4 nites at Jambo and 5 nites at WL; OR 4 nites at Kidani and 5 nites at WL OR 4 nites at Jambo and 5 nites at BWV...what does everyone think of this newest plan of mine?? It would be 198 total points for the 1st combo ; 208 for the 2nd and 206 for the 3rd, so I would use 180 of mine and buy the remainder for the $15/point??

So my latest plan is possibly to do 4 nites at Jambo and 5 nites at WL; OR 4 nites at Kidani and 5 nites at WL OR 4 nites at Jambo and 5 nites at BWV...what does everyone think of this newest plan of mine?? It would be 198 total points for the 1st combo ; 208 for the 2nd and 206 for the 3rd, so I would use 180 of mine and buy the remainder for the $15/point??

It appears you would need 26 points from Disney for your third option and 28 for your second option. The limit is 24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter