BWV bus service

tb1972

DVC since 2012
We just returned from BWV last night. I was disappointed that BWV had to share a bus with four other resorts (YC, BC, Swan and Dolphin) over a busy holiday week. Getting to the parks and Disney Springs was a challenge. Often buses were full and the driver would send another. Sometimes we’d have to wait for the third bus to actually board. The waits were extremely long and I let Member Services know.

Wonder if they are short of his drivers. The last few trips we've taken, we found BWV shared only with the Swan & Dolphin. Seems odd to share with BC & YC during a busy time. DS buses often share with all the EPCOT resorts, though.

They've been offering a lot of incentives while recruiting bus drivers, which suggests shortage.

There has to be something wrong, which might be the shortage of drivers. The usual bus sharing system that existed at BWV when we went in Sep and for the two years before that, was sharing only with Swan Dolphin for AKV, having its own bus for MK, and for Disney Springs it could be sharing with Swan/Dolphin and sometimes also with YC/BC. Moreover, there was not any issue of full buses at BWV for going anywhere because BWV was the first stop.

The sharing system OP describes, including not having BWV as the first stop, was actually the original bus sharing system for BWV and the Epcot resorts, which was changed about 15 years ago because it was so lousy (the worst on site).

Last edited:
My experience is Disney Springs is sometimes all 5. MK is usually alone, AK is Swan/Dolphin.

It's a pain when it goes to Swan Dolphin, never mind BC and YC as well.

There has to be something wrong, which might be the shortage of drivers. The usual bus sharing system that existed at BWV when we went in Sep and for the two years before that, was sharing only with Swan Dolphin for AKV, having its own bus for MK, and for Disney Springs it could be sharing with Swan/Dolphin and sometimes also with YC/BC. Moreover, there was not any issue of full buses at BWV for going anywhere because BWV was the first stop.

The sharing system OP describes, including not having BWV as the first stop, was actually the original bus sharing system for BWV and the Epcot resorts, which was changed about 15 years ago because it was so lousy (the worst on site).
Wonder if the boat from DHS was down? This is also the order when the boats aren’t running as we experienced in May. At that time the boats weren’t operating to DHS due to bridge construction. It was so terrible we got off at the swan even though my husband had hurt his heel (the whole reason we didn’t just walk to BWV like we normally would).

Wonder if the boat from DHS was down? This is also the order when the boats aren’t running as we experienced in May. At that time the boats weren’t operating to DHS due to bridge construction. It was so terrible we got off at the swan even though my husband had hurt his heel (the whole reason we didn’t just walk to BWV like we normally would).

The boats were working. We took it once to HS and walked once to HS.

The boats were working. We took it once to HS and walked once to HS.
So where did you have 5 resorts sharing? Disney springs or elsewhere? We have always had dedicated MK service and only shared AK when not rope dropping (usually they needed a whole bus for am EMH leaving from BW)

Last edited:
So where did you have 5 resorts sharing? Disney springs or elsewhere? We have always had dedicated MK service and only shared AK when not rope dropping (usually they needed a whole bus for EMH at BWV)

I mentioned difficulty to the parks and DS. We would not expect to be taking bus service to parks within walking distance or boat service available - EP & HS.

I have seen the 5 stops before, but only in the very slow time of day. Around 11 am-4 pm when almost nobody is on the bus.

I mentioned difficulty to the parks and DS. We would not expect to be taking bus service to parks within walking distance or boat service available - EP & HS.
Ok so did they have 5 resorts sharing service to MK and/or AK? That is EXTREMELY unusually if so and I can understand your frustration. With DS they always share with at least Swan and Dolphin if not YC/BC too. We never go to DS partly for that reason-too much travel time wasted to shop and eat.

I have seen the 5 stops before, but only in the very slow time of day. Around 11 am-4 pm when almost nobody is on the bus.
Ugh we must be lucky as we have only ever had shared service with Swan and Dolphin on some AK rides (like you mentioned in the mid day when it isn’t that busy). We’ve stayed at BWV 4 trips in the past 3 years and MK service has always been dedicated even in the middle of the day. We always take mid day breaks and spend a good amount of time at MK so we’ve had lots of mid afternoon bus rides back.

Our first trip as DVC members, we stayed at BCV. It was Thanksgiving week and we had to share buses with BW, and Swolphin. We swore we would never stay at an Epcot resort again because of it. The buses were horrible. I guess that is why we love our stays at AKV, no shared buses.

Coming from a park or DS, I've often just gotten off at the first resort stop and walked. Once my husband and kids stayed on, and I beat them back to the resort easily.

We were at BWV in September and the bus was shared with the other resort for Disney Springs & mid dolphin. Seems strange they would all be shared at a busy time of year.

Yeah we were just at BWV in Oct and never had any shared bus service to or from MK (went multiple times) but skipped both Disney springs and AK this last time.

Wonder if they are short of his drivers. The last few trips we've taken, we found BWV shared only with the Swan & Dolphin. Seems odd to share with BC & YC during a busy time. DS buses often share with all the EPCOT resorts, though.

I have always seen them share with all 4 resorts, we usually get off at Swan/Dolphin and walk home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!