Buying two contracts as a new member

CSLucas

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this has already been asked, but we are buying two contracts (are not currently members) with the same use year at the same resort. We passed ROFR on the first and assume we will pass on the second (it is $12/pt higher than the one that passed), so I assume we will close on them at different times. I know there was a place in the offer to put member number, which we left blank since we did not have one. Is it going to cause problems if the first contract is being set up as a new membership when we close on the second one? I assume the closings will still be pretty close together and I'm worried that Disney will not see that the first membership is already in the process of being set up when they get the second contract. I don't want to end up with two different memberships to keep track of!

As long as the accounts are titled exactly the same, you shouldn't have a problem. If you get a membership number before the second one closes, you can also contact the title company & broker with your new membership number to include when they send your final paperwork to Disney.

One you get the membership number on the first, if you have not closed, have them add it, and then send an email to MA to make sure they have it,

I do that all the time, even when I write it on documents, You can also send an email to MA once the first closes to inform them you have another one closing soon to ensure they go under the same one,

One you get the membership number on the first, if you have not closed, have them add it, and then send an email to MA to make sure they have it,

I do that all the time, even when I write it on documents, You can also send an email to MA once the first closes to inform them you have another one closing soon to ensure they go under the same one,
thanks! The second one is international so I've heard that takes longer anyways, so I'll send them an email after the first one

I have the same question as the OP and wondered whether the OP has any update. Has everything gone smooth?

I offered on two contracts as I am unsure my first will go through. But on the off chance that it does....

I have the same question as the OP and wondered whether the OP has any update. Has everything gone smooth?

I offered on two contracts as I am unsure my first will go through. But on the off chance that it does....
The second contract actually fell through (sellers never returned their closing docs) so we ended up buying direct for the second contract. Sorry I can't be of any help! We are actually already selling the first contract now (just closed last week) so I'm nervously checking my account every day to make sure they transfer the right one! (all 3 contracts are for the same resort, same UY, and same # of points - I'm sure they will do it correctly, but I have nightmares of them transferring one of the direct ones instead of the resale contract!!)

The second contract actually fell through (sellers never returned their closing docs) so we ended up buying direct for the second contract. Sorry I can't be of any help! We are actually already selling the first contract now (just closed last week) so I'm nervously checking my account every day to make sure they transfer the right one! (all 3 contracts are for the same resort, same UY, and same # of points - I'm sure they will do it correctly, but I have nightmares of them transferring one of the direct ones instead of the resale contract!!)
Why are you selling the first contract so soon?

Why are you selling the first contract so soon?
We used all the 2020 and 2021 points, and the price for the stripped contract rose above the price we paid for the contract initially (including factoring in broker's fees), so it just made sense to sell it. We wouldn't have been willing to pay the current market price for that contract, so logically we couldn't justify keeping it once it was worth that. We still have enough points to go about every 1.5 years in a 1 bedroom, and now that the kids are getting to the point where we want to start taking them to Europe and other places, I imagine the time between Disney vacations will start stretching out naturally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter