Buying Disney Gift Cards with Amazon Gift Cards

cmwade77

DIS Veteran
I asked this in response to an older thread, but thought it might be better as its own thread.

I have enough in Amazon gift cards to almost pay for my dining plan, so I am thinking there might just be a way to get Disney Gift Cards.

Here is what I am thinking based on past experience and previous posts:
  1. Buy VONS gift cards from Amazon
  2. Use Vons gift cards to by Disney Gift Card from Vons/Albertsons

The issue is I know some stores have stopped allowing this, but I am not sure about Vons and/or Albertsons policies.

There are Buy Buy Baby gift cards available through Amazon. They are accepted at Bed Bath & Beyond. Some have reported that they can use them there however YMMV. I'd test just one and try it.

Why do Amazon cards when you can transfer it to paypal? i am assuming you are getting the amazon cards from swagbucks?

Why do Amazon cards when you can transfer it to paypal? i am assuming you are getting the amazon cards from swagbucks?
No, I have been given the Amazon gift cards as a reward from a company that I did some testing for, so it is Amazon credit on my account.

No, I have been given the Amazon gift cards as a reward from a company that I did some testing for, so it is Amazon credit on my account.
Not sure if you buy normally from amazon. We purchase toiletries, water ect on a normal basis. If by chance you do that, then i would pay for those items with the gift cards and then the amount you would have spent on them take the cash out of your account for it. Your only other options would be to sell them and pocket the cash for your trip

Oh, definitely do purchase from Amazon, just trying to make it easier than transferring little bits and pieces at a time.

BBB is your only option and that is SUPER YMMV. Just because it works one day doesn't mean it will work another day, it's 100% at the discretion of the employee/manager if they decide to stop the transaction if they notice you paying with gift cards. Honestly, I'd use the money for other things you'd normally purchase from Amazon or other gift cards that you'd normally use. I've seen Rainforest Cafe and Landry's on there if a Landry's restaurant is in your travel plans. There are Netflix gift cards if you use Netflix. You can see all the gift cards by category here they have Uber and Lyft as well if you plan on using those on your trip.

Just a heads up, checking with a couple bed bath and beyond stores and it appears none of them allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards anymore.

I'm in the same boat, getting Amazon cards as compensation for participation in a focus group. The easiest Amazon to Disney conversion I have found is buying Southwest gift cards to pay for flights. I have paid for my last several flights to Orlando and LA this way. We just used it to buy seats for a flight to Charleston, SC for our stay at Disney HHI Resort. This of course only is helpful if you are flying to Disney.

I'm in the same boat, getting Amazon cards as compensation for participation in a focus group. The easiest Amazon to Disney conversion I have found is buying Southwest gift cards to pay for flights. I have paid for my last several flights to Orlando and LA this way. We just used it to buy seats for a flight to Charleston, SC for our stay at Disney HHI Resort. This of course only is helpful if you are flying to Disney.

Is there a limit on how many gift cards that you can use with Southwest? I know some stores only allow 10 gift cards for each transaction. Just curious as I may go this route with needing to buy 5 airline tickets.

Nevermind! I found the answer. :)

Southwest gift cards – A maximum of three Southwest gift cards can be applied per passenger on each reservation. If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Southwest gift cards, you will only be allowed to use two Southwest gift cards and another form of payment will be required for the difference.

Right, I always go for the $200 cards. I also buy our flights (usually just the two of us) as separate one ways rather than a round trip. A little more work but it limits out of pocket costs. If you like to do Early-Bird check-in that must be paid with a credit card, but does not count as one of your three forms of payment.

I have some target gift cards with the same problem, but I just plan on using it the next time I would have spent money on Target and then transferring the applicable cash amount into my Disney fund. Do you shop on amazon often? Is there something you need you could get through amazon instead of paying cash?

If you don't mind losing 3.5% you could buy Visa giftcards which I think should be able to order Disney giftcards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter