Buying before New resale restrictions

Bryan Burmeister

Mouseketeer
My wife and I really want to get points before the new restrictions are in place. I already had one contract taken. I signed on another one today, but I'm still nervous. That said, does anyone know of a way to get in another contract in case this one is taken as well? Obviously, it would have to be submitted to Disney before the 19th.(I don't want to end up with double points).

Here's what I've considered so far.

1. Offer on a second contract with a contingency that the deal only goes through if my other contract is taken. Perhaps someone would be willing at the deadline thinking the price may go down. Disney could even take it and they would be happy?

2. Offer on the second contract and risk losing my deposit if both contracts get passsed.

I doubt anybody will take you up on the first idea, and the 2nd idea would be wrong.

In both cases, people are listing their points to move them and you’d be delaying that process.

If it worries you and they haven’t submitted yet, offer to pay $10/point more. Pricey but that’s as good an insurance as anything.

Thanks, I didn't this of the ramifications until tonight , so it's already been submitted to Disney. I guess I should offered more to start.

Thanks, I didn't this of the ramifications until tonight , so it's already been submitted to Disney. I guess I should offered more to start.
That said, don’t worry about it. What’s done is done.

Worse case scenario they buy back your contract and you have to start again.

If you were looking for a 200 point contract, next time buy 125 and then 75 direct after you close on your resale. Then you’d have 75 points you could trade into the newer resorts - and perks.

For example AKV

Resale @$110 for 200 points plus $500 closing = $22,500

Resale @$110 for 125 points = $13,750 plus @$171 x 75 = $12,825 points plus $750 for closing = 27,325

That’s a $5,000 difference but you’d have points that trade into Riviera and that would add the “perks” you aren’t purchasing now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter